Though this hotel was clearly not built by the Red Lion Corporation (you can tell by the size of the bathroom...), it has acquired the feel of all the Red Lions where we have stayed. From the granite vanity countertop to the triple-sheeted pillow-top bed, it just FEELS like a Red Lion. Our room was very large (except, of course, the bathroom) and very clean. The carpeting and paint job appeared new. But the linens and towels were not new--thin and frayed. And the one channel on the TV (not yet a flat-screen) in which we were interested had no sound.
Breakfast was the usual; however, we must have chosen the absolute worst time to eat, as the room (only 5 tables) was full. Guests were standing around the lobby with their muffins and coffee. When we made it into the actual serving area, they were out of everything (no coffee, no OJ, no hot food). The attendant was working very hard to catch up, and we did eventually have a satisfactory meal. It just appeared that the staff was unprepared for the start of the summer season.
This is not meant to be a negative review. The location, the price, and the staff were all perfect. We love the Red Lion chain and will definitely stay here again when in the McMinnville area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the beautiful Willamette Valley's wine country, the Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville Oregon is just off Highway 18 and near Highway 99W, minutes from downtown McMinnville, Linfield College and the Evergreen Aviation Museum, home of the famous Spruce Goose.Our 67 spacious suites feature all the amenities you'd expect of a first-class hotel, including Red Lion's signature plush Sealy pillowtop bedding, EcoFresh Environmentally Responsible Products (ERP), complimentary wi-fi, TV, a microwave and refrigerator. Available business services include free wi-fi in the lobby and breakfast area, email, fax and copy machines. Guests are invited to enjoy our indoor pool and whirlpool and join us for a complimentary continental breakfast served each day in the Harvest Room.In the McMinnville area, golfing, bicycling, fishing and hunting are all close by, or take a trip to our beautiful beaches. There are more than 35 wineries to visit for wine tasting. For fun, gaming and big name entertainment, Spirit Mountain Casino is 25 miles west.Be sure to check out the Wings and Waves Waterpark at the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, located just minutes from the Red Lion Inn & Suite McMinnville. Purchase tickets from any Front Desk Agent.With 1,300 square feet of meeting and banquet space, we are able to accommodate up to 75 people for your next conference or special occasion. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville is committed to care, comfort and value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Lion Inn And Suites Mcminnville
- Red Lion Inn & Suites Mcminnville Hotel Mcminnville
- Red Lion Mcminnville
- Mcminnville Red Lion
- Red Lion Hotel Mcminnville