“A good value in a high dollar area” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in McMinnville
Sandy, Oregon
“A good value in a high dollar area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and I need a place to stay near Dundee for just one night. A problem we encountered is that most of the hotels in this wine country want a 2 night minimum on weekends. The Red Lion in McMinnville had no such rule, so we ended up booking for just one night. The Red Lion was very clean and well kept. The staff was courteous and the room price was very reasonable. It is situated just down route 18 from The Evergreen Air Museum and also a very short drive to downtown McMinnville. I will not hesitate to stay here in future visits to the Willamette/Yamhill valleys.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charlie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

The hotel staff was nice, the property is fairly easy to find, close to downtown McMinnville but it smelled a little musty. There were lots of construction workers staying there which made breakfast a little weird with the rough conversation but the price was right. The hotel is in a mixed use area with commercial operations around as well as industrial.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are average
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hermiston, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

In fact my room was so quiet and I slept so good that I almost ended up being late for my class when my alarm clock did not work. Bed was comfy and the front desk service was wonderful. The location was convenient for me but there are not any restaurants other than Mcdonalds near by. But the fact that the room was so quiet made up for that.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We happened on this hotel on our way to the Evergreen Air Museum (1.5 miles away). It was convenient to good restaurants, clean and the quiet. The room was comfortable and airy. Only complaint (with all hotels) is the lack of good reading light in the rooms. The free breakfast was very good - best of all the hotels we stayed at. Staff were pleasant. No complaints. Good Wi-Fi.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
port alberni, BC CANADA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed here with my husband and son - loved the location, the free breakfast, the room, and friendly helpful staff! My only wish is that there'd been more restaurants located around the hotel area - was only able to find a McDonald's nearby. Other than that - great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fpc64
Gig Harbor, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

During our past stays in McMinnville, Oregon, we happily stayed at the Red Lion in McMinnville Oregon until this last visit. Avoiding the on line booking process, I made our reservation for 2 rooms/ 2 nights by phone, speaking to a customer service agent.

We were not told it was a pet friendly hotel or they do not enforce quiet times after 10PM.

We noticed the quality of the free breakfast has drastically diminished, barely tolerable.

During the 2nd night, the guest above me stomped around from 10:30 until midnight, the floors are so thin, they creaked with every step.

The guests next door, had children running down the halls and slamming doors, that ended about 11pm.

The following morning, the front desk clerk was speaking to a guest, who had a large St Bernard on a leash. While the clerk was complaining about the next clerk to be a half hour late to work, I tried to pass the desk between the dog and the guest. When I had to go out of my way to pass, the guest demanded, as I entered the elevator, to come back and pet his dog, since he was so friendly. This was unacceptable and the desk clerk just laughed, doing nothing.

It has offended me that I have to ride in an elevator where pets do as well. I like pets, but do not have them or desire to stay in hotels that allow them, I would have stayed elsewhere.

When I submitted my follow up review, unfavorably, the hotel manager called me to discuss the issues. I asked for one of the 4 nights to be refunded in the amount of $119. She only gave me $60. I submitted a complaint to the Red Lion corporate weeks ago, by email and no reply from them. I called corporate today and they basically told me there is nothing they can do, the hotel is franchised and the manager makes all the decisions for refund. I called the hotel this morning asking for the number of person in charge over general manager, the staff does not have it.

So if you do not care to get any sleep while staying there, have bad food, listen to their staff speak about fellow employees without using discretion and not be informed they were pet friendly, please visit them. We will not.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank 99Christine

Travellers are raving about these McMinnville hotels

Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We needed a hotel in the McMinnville area for one night only. The Red Lion met our needs - the room was pretty basic but very clean. The property has fairly good complimentary internet. Definitely not luxury but a dependable option.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville
McMinnville Inn
#5 of 6 in McMinnville
BEST WESTERN Newberg Inn
Youngberg Hill Vineyards & Inn

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville? Share your experiences!