“Only the beer milkshake” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 99 Restaurants in McMinnville
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
McMinnville, Oregon
“Only the beer milkshake”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Beer milkshake (we know it sounds gross) but that is the ONLY thing worth going to McMenamins for. Their service is pretty awful, probably caused by their unusually high turn-over rate and their food varies. But if you go - HAVE A BEER MILKSHAKE.

Visited May 2014
Chris M, Manager at McMenamins Hotel Oregon Pub, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank your for your review. I think we have made great strides in service since your last visit, come join us again for another Ruby Milkshake soon!

Mercer Island, Washington
“Best tater tots ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I'm still dreaming of them! Perfectly crispy and not too salty. No ketchup required! I can't wait to go back and order a batch for myself.

Visited May 2014
Chris M, Manager at McMenamins Hotel Oregon Pub, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thanks for your review! And I agree!
Corvallis, Oregon
“Good bar food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We've been here many, many times. Like all McMenamins, the food is good bar food. Selection is pretty good. Rooftop bar is fantastic on a sunny day. We keep going back so I'd recommend it to anyone wanting a casual setting for lunch/dinner.

Visited March 2014
Salem, Oregon
“Worst service ever!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

One of our friends celebrates his birthday every year with friends at the rooftop pub. We drive all the way from Salem and Albany for the event. No matter how we tried to arrange two four top tables, the waiter replied "Absolutely not!" After several attempts to rearrange the tables, we asked, "What would you like us to do?" . His reply? "I don't know, find another table?" REALLY? Did I mention we had been sitting in that same spot for several years with no complaints from wait staff. So, we found a four top and pulled a couple of extra chairs up. Waited 10 long minutes, with no one stopping by our table to get a drink order! We packed up our belongings, called our friends and told them we were headed over to the Golden Valley Brewery.. problem solved.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Carolyn V
Medford, Oregon
“Bad Waitress Training Center?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting our daughter and her dorm mate at college and decided to take a drive out to McMinnville and take in a little Mother's Day breakfast. Apparently that was not to be as they stop breakfast at 11am (On Mother's Day!!!) due to something having to do with the roof-top bar having only a lunch-dinner menu ( WHAT???). After being seating we waited for over 20 minutes for our first interaction (beyond water) with the waitstaff and were engaged in the should we go/stay debate. Finally a very pleasant young lady with glasses came along and asked for our drink order. Another young lady returned an interminable time later with our drinks including a sweet tea that was just a regular ice tea and a coffee with a lipstick imprint on the rim of the cup! We did forge on eventually ordered and received our meals by a constantly changing waitstaff (TEAM APPROACH) none of whom seemed ever to have been to a restaurant-let-alone worked in one--and all of them seemed like they would rather have been with their mothers instead of here! The food was actually not bad--and the Hammerhead Ale was great but all arrived without any utensils/ napkins. It was as though we came during their first week/day in business. For all the radio ad hype regarding the various McMennamins around the state, I have to say that my family and I were decidedly disappointed. Again, the restaurant/hotel certainly has plenty of charm and I would've considered returning to experience the roof-top-bar...but I'm sorry, it's hard to overcome that much poor service!

1 Thank StoneflyBri