“Tommy's Restaurant - Gold standard for hash browns.”
Review of Tommy's Restaurant

Tommy's Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 99 Restaurants in McMinnville
Cuisines: American
McMinnville, Oregon
“Tommy's Restaurant - Gold standard for hash browns.”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I've eaten at Tommy's since before Tommy and it was John's. I've taken my kids there many times over the years though it's not a "directed at kids" kind of place.

On the one hand, Tommy's is a quintessential American greasy spoon. I'd describe it as a blue collar restaurant but this is McMinnville and it draws a variety of clientele. I seldom have eaten lunch there so my review is effectively limited to breakfast.

Tommy's hash browns are the ones I measure all other restaurants against. They are excellent, particularly with fresh bell peppers and green onions added. The bacon is excellent and the only restaurant I've ever eaten in that serves six pieces of bacon for an order, three for a half order which is plenty for me. May it always be so. Omelots are large and tasty with a decent variety.

Prices are low, service is good and the gals there waiting tables work as hard as any I've seen and are personable to boot.

Don't expect fancy, expect a good breakfast, served in a reasonable amount of time, decent, hard working folks around you, for less money than it's worth.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Ordinaryfeller

McMinnville, Oregon
“Could be better.”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This is about as average a place as you can get. The food isn't great, but it isn't bad. I suppose they make up for that with the price, which is pretty reasonable.

Visited January 2012
Oregon
“A lot of food for your money!”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I go through Tommy's withdrawals if I don't go after a week! A great place to catch up with friends over some good food! Easy on the wallet too! Love their Bacon Waffles!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank OregonWestCoastMom
Union, Oregon
“Greasy Spoon”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Definately a greasy spoon!!! Food is okay. Alot of construction workers eating here. Not my first choice in McMinnville for breakfast. They only serve breakfast and lunch.

• Visited August 2011
“Best of the best!”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

By far the best American food in Mac!! Been going there since before I was born and take the kids there now! Amazing food, great prices (less than $5 for a breckfast that you'll roll away from), the service is to die for, and the place is cooler than dry ice! A must eat!

2 Thank redheadedninja