“Better than expected, but no frills”

Motel 6 McMinnville
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in McMinnville
Eugene, Oregon
“Better than expected, but no frills”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I was nervous because I had heard bad things, but reviews here and elsewhere are okay. But budget and lack of rooms in town landed us here. For the price, it's a good deal. Nothing fancy, but again, it's a budget motel. Nice tv system, clean room, beds comfy, little fridge and microwave, wi fi. Pool is being repaired, so there is a pool but won't be ready until July.

Downside: bit noisy, due to closeness of highway. Walls seem to be a bit thinner and you can hear others. No coffee in room or breakfast bar in lobby. Heck, no lobby, to speak of.

But friendly staff and was satisfied with room. For the price, and know you're not getting things like coffee in room (though there is in lobby) or breakfast, I'd recommend it. I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SeaGypsy23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Joseph
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This motel was particularly Spartan, with vinyl flooring, a small room, no luggage rack and little table or counter space. We were just looking for a bed for the night and it worked for that, although my husband found the bed less comfortable than I did. The room was adequately clean and the clerk was polite.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kay Ellen S

Travellers are raving about these McMinnville hotels

White Rock, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Needed a place in a hurry, only really needed a bed no amenities this trip. Greeted like I was the only guest, and they were full. Staff awesome, asked for friends to be put next to me they accommodated this without blinking.
Will stay there again, also the place was quiet. Thank you

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Victoria1328
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We stayed here one night with our 2 dogs while touring wineries in the area. If you need somewhere reasonably priced and dog friendly in McMinnville, I think this is a good choice. I'd probably stay somewhere a little more walkable if I didn't have to have somewhere dog friendly. It's 1-2 miles from downtown tasting rooms and restaurants. It was decent for our purposes. Clean enough with a fridge and microwave. It's very basic with laminate floor and a slightly tricky toilet, but it was clean, quiet, and fine for our needs.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RWAJ08
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

The good news: my room was very clean, housekeeping made up the room nicely, and the staff was friendly and welcoming. When I had a room issue it was solved with a minimum of effort.

Now the bad news: the floors were super cold since there is no carpeting or rugs (hint, bring warm slippers). The stairs and outside walks are dirty, smoke smelling, and a bit scary. Cigarette buts on the upstairs walk way, cobwebs hanging from the walls around the stairway, even a used q-tip on the stairs the whole time I was there. One evening there was even a person rummaging thru the trash cans that just sit in the open in the parking lot. People also stood just outside the rooms smoking.

The first non-smoking room I was given smelled strongly to the point I had to ask for a new room. The new room was in a lousy location but only had a hint of cigarette smoke.

All-in-all I could not recommend this to a woman traveling alone, I felt safe in the room, but NOT on the grounds. Really, it is not that much cheaper than other motels in the area to be worth the savings.

Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank lyn v
Corning, Calif.
Reviewed 5 November 2012

we are two adults, and we stayed at this motel only one night and we were impressed by its updated rooms
it had a nice flat screen tv,,;;; fridge and micro, which we didnt pay extra for.
newer style furniture, desk and two chairs.
new style flooring, not carpeted, and 2 queen size beds, instead of doubles, also nice new bedspreads and curtains.
modern vanity outside the bathroom.
the clerk was nice and friendly,,,,,,,,but we were surprised at the price, as it was 79,00 which was more than we have ever paid for a motel 6. we would stay there again.
;

Room Tip: we like downstairs where you can park right in front of your door.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank othermom375
Vancouver wa
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We book on online. We got a room that smelled like smoke and mold.The Ac/Heated system was old and broken off. And above it was a big crack in the wall. It was just remodeled with the cheapest products ever. The bathroom had black mold around it.During the nite my son had a ant bittening him. So my husband got up to look around the room. We went to the restroom and it was infested with ants. Not small ants Big Black Ants. We found alot coming out of the bottom of the cracks in the shower seams.Ants where every were walking on the bed and in the living room floor area. We decide not worth what we paid to be in that disgusting and gross place.We check out at 12:30 am. I told the front desk and he was aware of the problem he said they have had this ant infesting since april. We drove with our kids 30 minutes away to a Salem Hotel.

Room Tip: Do not check in to room 105 it is infested with ants.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
#2 of 6 in McMinnville
Best Western Newberg Inn

Been to Motel 6 McMinnville? Share your experiences!