“Great value.”

GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in McMinnville
Reviewed 24 April 2012

To be honest we weren't expecting too much but we had judged a little too quickly! It's not grand but it is friendly, neat, well maintained and very clean.

We got a very good rate for our overnight stay. The bed was warm and comfortable and the bathroom was clean. I love that there was a sink separate to the bathroom right next to the microwave and coffee machine.

Our room was surprisingly quiet seeing how we were perched above the nearby gas station. We didn't hear anything and it was very conveniently located for us to fill up the next morning.

We were tired so we just ate dinner from Carls Jnr located just across from the car park, from memory there were a couple of fast food places to choose from, or there is a tavern right next to the hotel. Actually the staff in the Carls Jnr were really funny!

Breakfast was a bit light when compared to other hotels but it was adequate and we certainly didn't go hungry.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed 3 days here over christmas eve & christmas & it was more busier than I expected a hotel to be at xmas time but EVERYONE was very freindly & jolly & happy people...I was so relaxed & No stress for the holidays at all. I broke my traditions & ran away to relax as a preent to me ;) lol..Staff was awsome & kids laughter in pool was fun also. I even decided to stay new years eve over night, so we could celebrate new years eve at the bowling alley & not worry about driving ome late.. What a second honeymoon experience & So Much FUN thru all holidays. Thanks Staff at Best western

Room Tip: Noticed smoking in some rooms by back door..Jacuzzi suite was great :) worth the money & cheaper...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Went to McMinnville for the sip. Fun bar next to motel. Fun local people. Hotel is a great place to sleep. Quiet!! Healthy but skimpy breakfast. They turned heat up high in breakfast area so you wouldnt eat too much! Lol

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We were greeted upon check in by one of the nicest Front Desk clerks I have ever encountered. Very warm and welcoming and wanted to be certain we were set for our stay. I had stayed here about 4 years ago and the property interior is showing its age. Continental breakfast was minimal at best. May look at other properties next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This hotel is located south of town and convenient to the Evergreen Space and Aviation Museum and Wings and Waves Water Park on the same property. We stayed here last year during the McMinnville Food and Wine Classic (SIP) in March and had a great stay so we booked in again for our trip to the water park last weekend. The hotel staff was very welcoming and attended our every need (extra blanket, restaurant recommendation, etc.) The rooms are clean, spacious, and feature comfortable beds and linens. Our room had a fold-out couch which was perfect for our 13-year-old son. Lots of hot water, even at peak times, and good towels. Will stay on the third or fourth floor next time as we were on the second floor this time and there was a strange "hum" coming from below us all night. Not enough to disrupt my sleep after 6 hours at the water park though! Breakfast contained all of the choices necessary to get us going - cereal, waffles, an assortment of breakfast breads, hard-boiled eggs, sausages, yogurt, fresh fruit, beverages. We especially like the waffles! We feel that this hotel is a good value for the price and will stay here again for the SIP in March.

Room Tip: Stay on the third or fourth floor to avoid noise from the service areas down below.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We had a tournament at the Linfield College down the road from this motel and it served our needs wonderfully.

I have stayed here before as well at nicer Red Lion and at cheaper places near by. This is our favorite. The Red Lion is newer and more expensive.

For my team the Vineyard Inn was perfect since it is clean, comfortable, close to everything and has a full breakfast included in the price for the room. It has a pool and fitness room, which I didn't use.

Another plus is that the motel is next door to a funky cafe (Can't remember the name) -- the decor may be dated, but it provides some surprisingly good bar food for a low price, ideal for groups.

I skipped breakfast at the motel when I saw the somewhat small dining room was crowded with families. So, I walked a block to the Carl Jr. The students loved the food.

The front desk staff I interacted with were professional and competent.

Bottom line: if you want a comfortable, clean place to say for the best price the Bestwestern Vineyard Inn is it.

Looks like there is another Vineyard Inn in Yamhill, so don't confuse it with the motel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My Uncle and I stayed one night at the Vineyard Motel while on a roadtrip to visit our cousin.
The location was great for us as it was close to our destination. We had checked out the neighbouring motel chain on arrival, and felt the upgrade was WELL worth the price difference for the two of us sharing a room. Our room was clean, quiet and the beds comfortable. The staff were very pleasant and helpful during our stay, and then extremely helpful after our departure. Four days after our checkout I realized that I had left my gold opal ring on the night stand of one of the 3 hotels we had stayed at. The ring (and appartently a watch that wasn't ours) had been found in our room by housekeeping. The front desk staff and the manager have been wonderful in taking the steps to have my ring retuned to me. Special thanks to the staff member who found and turned in the ring!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
#2 of 6 in McMinnville
Best Western Newberg Inn
Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country

Been to GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville? Share your experiences!