“Nice Rest”

GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in McMinnville
“Nice Rest”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Enjoyed our stay here had a very professional person at the desk also quite helpful for setting us up with access to cab and quite enjoyable meal down town. We were heading home from a 101 trip on a Saturday after July 4 weekend. Room was clean and comfortable. Also had some pool time to cool down after motorcycle tour.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is an older motel that recently underwent a complete renovation, leaving the rooms fresh and clean with new fixtures, furniture, and bath/shower. When a friend who attended college in McMinnville told me that the hotels there were all very dismal, I didn't have high hopes for the GuestHouse Vineyard Inn. But I was incredibly impressed with the refurbished hotel -- a more than sufficient place to stay that I would return to next time I'm in the area.

Positives:
+ Reasonable rates (government rate of $70/night)
+ Very clean and spacious rooms with new everything (furniture, sheets, towels, etc.)
+ Thoughtful housekeeping -- they always left a note asking "are you sure you don't want service" when we put the "do not disturb" sign on the door
+ Pet friendly ($10/night)
+ Reliable WiFi service
+ Refrigerator and microwave in all rooms
+ Ample parking

Negatives:
- Could use more (and more accessible) power outlets

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank stargirlssc
GuestHouse M, Front Office Manager at GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest (Stargirlssc)

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to write this review, I'm happy that you found our accommodations to be very comfortable and that you had a pleasant stay. Have a great summer and we look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks,
Hotel Staff
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

This is my first time at the GuestHouse. First impression, clean. Definitely a comfortable stay.

Carpet is soft. Fairly new microwave and fridge. Very nice lady at the front desk. She was informative and definitely showed that she cared if your stay would be good or not.
They even have a lock safe for your valuables in your room.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nella180
GuestHouse M, Front Office Manager at GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest ( Nella 180 )

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are very happy that our staff and amenities could make your stay comfortable. Thanks again and we hope to see you again.

503-472-4900
like us on facebook
Oliver, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We were travelling through the area on the long weekend - with no reservations. As you can image, there was not a lot available. We did get a room here. The room was OK, nothing special, the bed was OK and the room clean. It is a little hike from downtown so not much to do in the area. A breakfast was included but the breakfast room is tiny and when we went down in the morning there was a line up at the door.

For the price is was an OK stay but nothing special.

Room Tip: Ok for a stop over, but not much more.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ed S
GuestHouse M, Front Office Manager at GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Mr. Ed S.

Hi my name is Fernando Ramirez I am the Guest House Vineyard Inn office manager and I am writing to you in response to your review for your stay in February.
I'd like to start out by saying thank you for choosing to stay with us and I'm glad that we could get you a room on such a busy week although I would like to apologize for your stay being just Ok as well as the busy breakfast room. We do offer additional seating by our public computer just outside of the breakfast room, but I do apologize that we aren't able to accommodate everyone at that time.
Again I would like thank you for choosing to stay with and if you have any more questions please call us at (503)-472-4900 and we hope to see you again.

Caldwell, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 10 days. It was the only place in town available for 9 consecutive nights. Since I last stayed at this "hotel"...as close to a motel as you can get without actually having outside access doors...it has changed hands. It was a Best Western hotel and is now an individually owned and operated chain location Guest House Inn. The hotel is exactly the same as it was before except the linens have changed and there are actually nicer televisions. The staff is certainly more friendly (for the most part). The one bright spot occurred the night before I checked out. During what I suspect was a hurried change of linens, a very important item (a small stuffed animal) was gathered with the sheets and removed from the room. This plush bunny has traveled with me all over the world and I am very attached to it. Silly to some, but important to me. My sister and I tore the hotel room apart looking for it and when i could not find it I went down to the front desk. Initially the young man at the front desk said he would leave a note for the housekeeping staff. I didn't know what else to do so I went back to the room. I ended up coming back down and asking if I could search through the sheets myself. There was a shift change at that moment and the young man told me to wait just a second. He returned with my stuffed bunny in hand and a smile on his face. I was incredibly grateful for his going above and beyond and I contacted the owner of the hotel to tell him as much. So THANK YOU for that!!!

Also the WiFi worked well and I was able to use netflix on my ipad without a problem.

As for the rest of the stay. It just wasn't all that great. The place was fairly clean. The housekeeping staff always seemed very annoyed if I was in the room when they wanted to clean it, which was always before noon. They started their day on the 4th floor. I'm sorry but I don't plan my day around when housekeeping wants to clean. Even when I left a note asking for more coffee it was only left once. The pillows were HORRIBLE. Flat and lumpy all at the same time. The bed covering was a sheet with a thin cotton blanket over that and another sheet. I was often very cold and my request for another blanket was ignored. I am also annoyed that the staff was in such a hurry that my bunny was gathered up with the sheets. He was right on top of the bed. Couldn't miss him. Just another instance of not paying enough attention.

The walls in this hotel are VERY thin. You can hear your neighbors television and conversations and anything else that might be going on. Not very restful.

The "free" breakfast was a JOKE. It was supposed to be from 6am to 10am. The Juice and milk dispensers were always EMPTY by the time I got down there around 8:30. There was a waffle maker and batter available but everything else was BARE BONES. There were three pieces of bread total. Two white and one wheat. Two little muffins left and one pastry. No bagels that there was a label for. One banana that was brown and bruised. The coffee dispenser was always empty. I suppose I can understand being there right at 6am when breakfast starts if I want a variety of choices but I guess I always assumed that refilling the food stations as they emptied was part of what I was paying for. These rooms aren't bargain basement cheap. The oddest thing was that there was a man there who I finally decided must be an owner. He was going in and out of the staff only door. He stood over me as I made a piece of toast for myself and my sister. He literally stood inches from me watching me like a hawk. It was the strangest thing. I finally asked if I could help him with something. He said nothing and went back through the office door. I then heard someone in the office telling him to stay out of the breakfast room until it was 10 o'clock. So was he watching us b/c he wanted to keep what was left and resented our being there? It was weird and uncomfortable. Don't be in the hospitality business if you don't know the meaning of the word. Being a cheapskate and making guests feel uncomfortable while they are eating food that is part of the room charge is inappropriate.

Overall I was not impressed with my stay here. My husband and I vowed our last stay at this place was truly our last. I had no choice on this trip and I hoped that the change over would make things better. It did not. The Comfort Inn is still my hotel of choice when staying in Mac. I most likely won't be back to the Guest House Inn.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel if you want a good room. I recommend The Comfort Inn and Suites.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CampbellScot
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

This is a very comfortable and clean hotel. Loved the room and public area. My only complaint was very thin walls, floor and ceiling. Next door room came in at 2:30am and I was awake for an hour as they settled in. They were not especially loud, just normal arrival activity. Then awakened at 5am with someone tapping on the door across the hall. Again, the guest was not loud or obnoxious, just thin walls.

Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Dear Lyn V.

Hi my name is Fernando Ramirez I am the office manager at the guest house vineyard inn and I am writing in response to your review for your stay in January.
Thank you for your good review although I am very sorry that you were able to hear other guests regarding the noise through the walls we do apologize and hope this doesn't affect your choice to stay with us in the future.
Have a great summer and thank you for choosing to stay with and if you have any more questions please call us (503)-472-4900

Thanks
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We have stayed at this hotel multiple times over the years, most recently in December 2012. Let me begin by saying that the change from Best Western to something else has changed nothing about the experience of staying at the Vineyard Inn. It was a clean, pleasant place before, and it still is! The beds are comfortable, the rooms have small refrigerators as well as a coffee machine and microwave, and the people who work there are both friendly and competent. For the price, there isn't a better place to stay in McMinnville!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HappyBostonTraveller
Dear Valued Guest

Hi my name is Fernando Ramirez and I am the office manager for the guest house vineyard inn in McMinnville, Oregon and I am writing to you in response to the review you wrote in January.
I am very glad to see by your review that you had a very good stay and the staff and I thank you very much for choosing to stay with us when you travel to McMinnville we very much appreciate your business and will do our best to keep guest like you and future guest as happy with their stay as much as you were.

Thank you and if you have any questions please call at (503)-472-4900 or find us on Facebook.

Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville
Best Western Newberg Inn
Motel 6 McMinnville
Motel 6 McMinnville
#6 of 6 in McMinnville

Been to GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville? Share your experiences!