“Less than acceptable for a choice hotel”
Review of Comfort Inn North

Comfort Inn North
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Medford
“Less than acceptable for a choice hotel”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Room had strange odor when I entered it and eventually disappeared after getting air exchange via the a/c. However the a/c vents where disgustingly dirty with black dust. Found a plug in with no cover plate. Both of the these have potential health risk. I have stayed in many Choice hotels and would rate this at the bottom. The breakfast area attendant lacks interest and initiative in providing an inviting and sanitary environment to enjoy breakfast

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 September 2013

comfort inn in north medford is ok as far as box motels go , fridge ,micro, A/C,pool ,hot tub and a full breakfast , clean and close to the freeway , the price is kinda high , but its not a dump like some of the older motels in town , and No cigarette smell in the room -which for me is a huge plus - i cant sleep in a stinky room and will pack up and leave to get away from the stench ,,,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Flagstaff
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This property is hard to get to - small area for breakfast - no lobby - old even though on 2 roads was quiet - front desk not very helpful - had subs most the time - had to take this hotel as was on Choice rewards and wanted near the airport

Room Tip: rooms on West side quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My family stayed here as a rest area on our way back from California heading towards Seattle.

As a manager at another Choice hotel I had higher expectations from a Comfort Inn. However, service and hotel was decent.

Pool however was extremely murky and didn't look well maintained. Hot tub only had a couple jets that actually worked.

Walls are quite thin, could hear the neighbors tv all night (not too much of a bother for us, we were so tired we just passed out anyways!)

Breakfast: Small breakfast area, a little bit crowded but for the most part delicious!

Staff: Friendly helpful.

Room: A little bit out dated, however I could sleep in that bed with those pillows forever! Super comfy.

Location: Convenient for stopping during a long road trip. However we did get a little lost finding the hotel, had to stop by Motel 6 to ask for directions :O

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer P
Redding, California
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The room I was in was incredibly small. It was behind the elevator. I was worried that I would hear the elevator all night, but luckily it wasn't loud enough to both me. The room had an HD tv, but it had horrible analog cable and the picture was horrible, and on some channels not even watchable. I was disappointed that management would put a Choice Privileges Diamond member in this room. That immediately makes me wonder, if they put a diamond member in the smallest crappiest room, how would they treat a customer who isn't a diamond member?

Another reviewer complained about there not being an elevator or A/C. Of course this hotel has A/C in each room, and there is an elevator right around the corner from the front desk.

I did get a kick out of the note on the ice machine that said "Do not fill coolers." Well I have a small cooler, and yup, I filled it. It takes as much ice as an ice bucket from the room. I just don't appreciate management believing that they can tell customers what to do! We are the customers, and the customer is always right. If I want ice for my cooler, you better believe I will get it, despite your note on the ice machine.

For me personally, since I spend 100-150 nights a year on the road, I will be staying at another hotel when I am in Medford every couple weeks. The Holiday Inn Express in Central Point is fantastic (20 times better than this place) and usually priced about the same. Also the Comfort Inn South appreciates elite members and rewards them for their repeat business.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Minesh P, General Manager at Comfort Inn North, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Medford. You are correct that Choice Privileges Elite Diamond members are usually offered free room upgrades, but that is always subject to availability. I will make sure to review this issue with my staff to ensure this situation doesn't arise in the future. Also, you're correct that a small ice chest is about the same as an in-room ice bucket, but we frequently have guests filling large ice chests one would take camping.

Regarding the TV service, you caught us in between an upgrade. Our new flat screen TVs are already installed, but we are waiting for Charter to procure the necessary equipment before we can offer full HDTV and expanded channel lineup.

I sincerely hope you will give us a try again on a future visit, and thank you for staying with us and taking time to post this review.

Travellers are raving about these Medford hotels

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and have always found the staff to be extremely helpful. On this trip they continued the same, in fact they went beyond the call. I had car issues and stopped in, at the hotel about 12:30p just to see if they had a room for the night because I had to have work done on my vehicle. Even though he was 3 hrs. before checkin, they let me have the room early at no additional charge. Any time you have a chance to stay at this hotel you will not be disappointed.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the kind words and review. We definitely work hard to satisfy our guests, and I am glad to learn my staff went out of their way to accommodate you on your recent trip to Medford. And as a frequent visitor, I certainly hope you are a member of Choice Privileges, because you can very quickly earn free room nights, upgrades, gift cards to various merchants, and much more. If you aren't a member, please ask to join on your next visit.
Woodland, California
Reviewed 30 June 2013

stayed here one night on visit in june 2013. we had already stayed at two other hotel/motels on this trip and this was the one that was not as nice. we had stayed at this comfort inn in past years and this time just didn't like it as much for the value. we did not have the breakfast this time, but had the coffee and it was awful. the breakfast area is small and offers waffles and cereal, juice, pastries. The room was adequate, we had a double queen. the towels seemed very thin and same with the sheets. our floor in bathroom had a crack in the tile and a fan that was loud. maybe so other rooms didn't hear you? we did sleep okay on the bed. room was fairly quiet and the a/c fan worked okay. they have an indoor pool, but we didn't use it this time. the entry is inside and there is an elevator or wide staircase to use. we came back later in evening and because of trucks, uhaul, and cars we were lucky to find the last parking space. the hotel is hard to get to because you take a back road off biddle rd. when medford designed the new freeway overpass in this area a lot of the easy access for many things here changed. not sure if we would stay here again. the cost was around $90 w/AAA and maybe we will try the other hotels in the area based on their reviews.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again on your recent visit to Medford. As you noted, our access is a little challenging due to the highway redesign done by ODOT a few years ago. Unfortunately, we have no control over that.

I'm sorry you didn't experience our complete breakfast, because we offer quite a large variety of items, including fresh waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt and assorted breads and pastries. I feel we offer a great value for the price. We also offer the benefits of being in a larger town and all the amenities that go along with that.

We work hard to satisfy all of our many guests each night, and it is nice to know our efforts are recognized. Thank you again for staying with us and taking time to post this review.