“A good American business!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shilo Inn Medford

Shilo Inn Medford
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Bellevue, Washington
“A good American business!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

Great value- and it might be on the aged side , but it was clean.! Nice staff , and what I appreciated was to hear the employees say" Merry Christmas" , served breakfast until 10:00 , had fox news on , gives military veterans a discount and serves Seattle best Coffee!
However I would say it would be better if they went to the disposable cups instead of plastic wrap over cups and glasses .

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

Reserved a 2-queen room at this hotel for Thanksgiving (11/22/12) and the night after. Right away when we got there we noticed the smell of must and marijuana in the halls. There is an "elevator" going up to the rooms, but it was very rickety and creaked a lot, kind of scary. We got to our room and noticed how dark and unclean it seemed. The beds were Rick hard, and as I checked for a mattress pad/cover and clean bedding--without bedbugs--there was only a fuzzy blanket somewhat covering the mattress, and it was stained with a yellow-brownish something. I was immediately grossed out. When I used the bathroom, I noticed hairs in and on top of the bathtub. Another huge minus. The furniture was very dingy and old, the doors were scratched up and had a hard time shutting them. We weren't going to complain until the morning, we would just sleep in the bed that WASN'T stained. We were exhausted from traveling 5 hours on hardly any sleep and then a long day of cooking and family time. Thank goodness our kid did not stay with us as planned or we definitely would have left sooner. So we lay down to try to get a few hours shut eye, but I was still watching tv and had to use the bathroom. I walked in and immediately noticed a small two tone brown bug on the molding by the floor. I looked closer and recognized it instantly--it was a COCKROACH. It moved, but didn't run. I didn't kill it because I immediately went down to the office and told the front desk lady what was going on. She came up and I showed her all the issues, including the bug, and she offered to move us to the room next door. I went in and inspected that one, lo and behold the sheets were dirty in that one too! She said the bathroom was fine and we were welcome to use it if we didn't want to move from our current room, as we weren't about to use the bathroom there. She was NOT apologeticand said she couldn't do anything until the manager got there in the morning. She basically didn't seem to give a hoot that we were pissed about a filthy room! We slept in the bed that seemed to be "clean", on top of all the sheets and under just the top blanket. At 7:30 the next morning, my boyfriend went to the front desk and complained. He came back saying they said nothing, no apology and that I would have to go down for any refund since I signed for the room. So we packed up and headed down, the front desk girl seemed somewhat friendly, said simply "sorry about that" and gave us a full refund. We are now at the holiday inn express and they checked us in to a room right away, at 8am, when we explained we had nowhere to stay. A clean, comfortable room at that. Bottom line--DO NOT STAY at Shilo inn Medford. EVER. Spend $20-30 more and stay somewhere that doesn't have cockroaches and dirty facilities and bedding. It was disgusting and we will never stay at a shilo again.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Medford, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Dear MichelleJ8,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you thought of our hotel. I am deeply sorry to hear about the events from your recent stay. Due to your comments a retraining for all departments and employees will be held to ensure that we strive for the cornerstone foundation of Shilo Inns - Friendliness and Cleanliness. We hope that if you are in Medford again, you'll give us another chance to show you the "Affordable Excellence" we are proud to call Shilo hospitality.

Ashley Keeney

Travellers are raving about these Medford hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

I don't live in a palace but I have to say I was shocked at our very tiny room. It was smaller than the smallest bedroom in my own home. Still use keys to get in the room, could hear noise going on nearby. Older, small TV....very shabby to say the least. Only good thing was they had an elevator. Room was claustrophobic. Breakfast, better off skipping that and going to Elmer's. No recliner or sofa in this room. Poor experience overall.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Winnemucca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

After all the searching for a reasonably priced place to stay we settled on The Shilo Inn mostly because of a previious review reagarding their good Continental Breakfast. We got here rather late and the front desk staff was cheerful even though I probably wasn't after a long day in the car. Even though this is an older property it s kept very clean and the rooms were more than adequat with comfortable beds. They tried to anticipate our needs and provided us with extra towels for the girls (as girls alway seem to need them).

We had a small boat in tow and they suggested a better place to park where they would be able to watch it from the front desk which gave us peace of mind and a better nights sleep. The morning breakfast was very good. We made on own fresh waffles, fresh fruit, milk, juice, and yogurt. Yes we are pigs! But full ones so the 7 year old won't be whining for food by the time we get in the car to leave. Their checkout is at noon which is covenient for those wanting to do a little shoppiing before traveling on. A huge Fred Meyer is very close by.

The staff, including the manager, was very helpful in giving us ideas of things to do and see while we were in the area.

Overall I was very pleased with our stay and will most likely return on our way back south.

Room Tip: We could have stayed somewhere for less but a good meal to get you on your way is worth the few extr...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Medford, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Dear Jerry A,

I am so glad that we were able to host your family here at the Medford Shilo Inn. We thoroughly enjoyed having you stay with us! We welcome you back anytime!

Lorrie Bartley
Shilo Inns - Medford
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

My stay at Shilo Inn/Medford was great. The room was clean and the staff was very cordial and helpful. The location is perfect, especially since I was on a long trip from California back to Washington. This is the second time I've stayed st this property, and both of my visits were great. And who.can beat the price with free breakfast included!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Klamath Falls, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

My son had to be at the hospital in medford at 9 am for a operation on the 24th of Dec. 2011. we live 80 miles away in snow country so we got 2 rooms at the shilo inn so we would be at the hospitol on time. at 2:50 am the fire alarm went off, we had to go outside in the parking lot. after about 12 mins. we went back inside and just got back to sleep when the alarm went off again. we found out that there was no fire, but a water leak in the laundry and the panic button was hit instead of calling a plumber. I have called the main office to talk to Ingrid to see if we could at least be comped for our bad stay, but low and behold, Ingrid will never answer. We will never again stay at a shilo inn.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank dave s
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

We went to Medford for a softball tournament in October. A mom from our team chose this hotel for our team. This Shilo Inn is an okay place to stay if you aren't going to be in your room much. Our room itself wasn't too bad (except for the wrinkled flat sheet where a fitted sheet should be), but the rest of the property was old and run down. The extremely small and old elevator was a little frightening to ride in. The decor is old and outdated. The staff was friendly for the most part, but one of the ladies working at the desk reprimanded me for using the ice water to fill a water bottle for my daughter, which was rude. The only reason I used it was because the ice machine on our floor was out of order. The price was adequate for the property, but I'd rather pay another $30 for a much nicer room. There's just too many places to choose from to settle for this property.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends