Shilo Inn Medford
Average 3/5
US$132
SpringHill Suites
Great 4.5/5
Comfort Inn South(Medford)(Great Value!)
US$104
ComfortInn
US$106
US$97
CandlewoodSuites
Very Good 4/5
Quality Inn & Suites(Medford)(Great Value!)
US$86
Good 3.5/5
Plaza Motel(Medford)
US$66
Good 3.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2008

We have stayed at Shilo Inn's in the past and really enjoyed them. So, we thought we would give it a try on our way home from a trip. The place is very small, old and in need of much work. If it was remodeled recently, they did a poor job. The wallpaper is peeling on the walls in the hallways and the rooms are very small. It is not up to the standards I have seen with this chain in the past.

On the positive side, it is convenient to everything, right off the freeway and seemed clean. The bed was comfortable for one night and the furniture looked fairly new. And, the staff was friendly and helpful. But, I don't think we would stay here again when there are 2 other hotels just across the street.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 24 July 2008

Stayed only one night. I am not a big fan of the Shilo chain so this may be a bit biased.
The property is located near the freeway, airport and the mall. It is an older property and feels rather dark. The hallways are dimly lit, the elevator is old and amazingly slow. The walls and doors are pretty worn and for soem odd reason they still use real keys for the rooms.
The room itself was small, and had an amazingly large amount of furnishings, it was packed really. The furnishings and carpets were all new and nice. The bed was pretty hard and uncomfortable. The staff I came into contact with were nice and friendly.
All in all, I would prefer not to stay here, but it does its job in a pinch. There are nicer hotels in the area for the money.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 9 July 2008

I was working in Medford, had a 2 night stay at the Shilo Inn and needed to leave quickly to catch a flight. I left my cell phone i the hotel room!

Adrienne and Sharon went out of their way to make sure the phone was returned to me. Not only did they find the phone, but Sharon actually packaged it and went to the post office personally to send it. AND - out of her pocket spent the $1.50 postage for shipment! Who does this? I live in Los Angeles and have not experienced such hospitality in a long while. Thank you so very very much for being so kind and helpful. Truly appreciate it!

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 12 June 2008

We stayed at the Shilo Inn with all of our kids and it was fantasic from check in to check out!

The room was very clean. I usually don't like to give the kids baths in hotels due to hairs, etc in the tub-but this bathroom was the cleanest I have seen.

The front desk was friendly and quick to respond to our need for extra towels and bedding.

Great job!!! We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank TaylorTravels6
Reviewed 18 April 2008

After a long day of driving, when we saw the gas station right off I-5, then turned and saw the Shiloh Inn, I knew it was the place to stay. Because of renovations, we were given a reduced rate, but it was the service and the people that made the best impression.

I thought that it would be noisy beside the freeway, but there was no noise because of the special windows that have been installed. The beds felt great, the room was spacious, and the amenities were exactly what we were looking for. The continental breakfast was the best that we had encountered in our month long trip from Vancouver Island, British Columbia to Oregon, Idaho, Nevada and California. Being able to access a computer was a bonus for us and to have a nice room to eat our breakfast was a treat. We were treated with the utmost courtesy and we Canadians appreciate good manners.

Several years ago I was advised to stay at the Shiloh Inns if I was travelling in the US and I am so glad that I took their advice. My sincere thanks to the staff on duty on April 13/14, 2008, you made my stay a very comfortable one and I will recommend Shiloh Inns to other friends.

When I returned home, I realized that I had left a special pillow in the room and I emailed the hotel asking if they had it. I received a phone call and was told that the pillow would be returned to me. Another phone call the following day confirmed that my pillow had been sent to me via mail. Above and beyond is how I would describe this service.

MC Anderson, Vancouver Island, BC