“Affordable Excellence - We were very impressed!”
Review of Shilo Inn Medford

Shilo Inn Medford
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed 6 August 2014

As a top contributor for Trip Advisor, I've reviewed LOTS of accommodations. This was our first stay at a Shilo Inn, which advertises itself as "Affordable Excellence" and it did not disappoint. The staff was very friendly and each and every employee bent over backwards to help us. it started with when we saw that the single king bedroom did not have enough room to store our mountain bikes and they offered to transfer us to a much larger double queen room at no extra charge. Being on a budget, we stopped by a local grocery store and picked up some food to go. They not only allowed us to use the breakfast room to eat our dinner in but went into the back room to get us plates and utensils. The room was large, comfortable, well maintained, nice furniture and very clean. It had the amenities we needed (free wifi, a desk and a separate work table, fridge and microwave), and coin-op laundry room (no pool but sauna and steam room, which we did not use, on site). As several other reviewers have mentioned, even though the property is located between the highway and a busy street, there was no street noise in the rooms. The complimentary breakfast was good (waffles, pastries, bagels, hard boiled eggs, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc) thought there were only three small tables in the breakfast room. A nice plus is the drinking water dispenser in the lobby with sliced cucumbers from the garden of one of the desk clerks, A very nice experience and excellent value for what we paid for the room. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Room Tip: The double queens are much larger than the single king if space if an issue. Often times both are a...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank squirrelmama
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Medford, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a wonderful review of our hotel. Kind words such as yours are why we choose the hospitality industry. I am especially happy that you mentioned how your room was maintained. We are gratified by every positive comment we receive regarding the housekeeping and front desk departments, but the maintenance crew are truly unsung heroes. Every one of us work every day to meet our motto of Affordable Excellence and I am humbled we have met these standards for you.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed there for four nights when we visited our son and his family in Medford. Centrally located close to the freeway, the room was very quiet especially considering that we actually faced the busy road. The price cannot be beat! The facility is a little "retro" but the rooms are large and clean. The air conditioning is excellent and the room comes equipped with a table and chairs, a microwave, and a refrigerator. Although we were not travelling with any animals, the hotel is "pet friendly". Breakfast is included with the room rate and guests have a nice choice of items, as long as you are not expecting bacon and eggs. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and they go out of their way to provide you with information about the area. The Shilo Inn is NOT a resort property, but for the price, it is a very comfortable place to stay. We have stayed at other, more modern, and more "luxurious" properties in Medford, but if you are looking for a very reasonably priced and modest but clean accomodations - this is a great choice!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor so no one is overhead.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and using your valued time to leave a positive review. Seeing comments like yours validates the hard work all of us do to ensure every guest enjoys their visit. We hope to see you again the next time you find yourself in Southern Oregon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We booked a room here online for 6 nights, but somehow the dates for the reservation got messed up, when we showed up to the hotel they told us our reservation was for the next week. We asked if they could just switch the reservation (since the room had already been paid for and they had a room available), but the clerk at the front desk told us that she couldn't help us. If we wanted to stay there that night, we would have to pay for a room and try to get it worked out with Hotwire. The clerk kept saying that she was trying to help us out, but in fact she wasn't doing anything to help us except saying to call hotwire or pay for another room. When I told her that she was not doing anything to "help" us she then told me that I could stay somewhere else then and that I needed to leave the hotel.

To this I replied, "seriously, I already paid for 6 nights, but you are asking me to leave because I am telling you that you are not being helpful? Do you really want to lose your job for kicking out a paid customer who isn't doing anything?"

After an hour and a half on the phone with hotwire, we finally did get it worked out only to find that the manager told the hotwire agent that they would not let us stay there! Well, don't worry, I wouldn't want to spend any of my hard earned money at this hotel anyway.

If you don't care about lousy service, stay here. If there is anyway you might need any assistance with anything though, I would recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank fishinmalaysia
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Very OLD; and we ere not sure about our decision to stay here. It was right next to the freeway too. BUT- it turned out to be a very pleasant stay. Great location, very quiet, good breakfast choices, rooms were clean but a little small. Refridgerator and microwave in room. Staff was friendly. Halls were narrow and so was the elevator. We stayed on 3rd floor. Grocery store across the street has $1.75 two scoop gigantic ice cream cones; lots of restaurants sour on biddle road and an Elmer's right by the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking time out of your day to leave a review. I always enjoy sharing positive comments our guests leave about the cleanliness and friendliness they find here. Your comments are a great summation of our Hotel, and I am grateful that you left them here for other travelers to see. We hope to see you again the next time you find yourself in Southern Oregon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Considering that the hotel is wedged between the I-5 and Biddle Road, two of the busiest roads in Medford, the room was surprisingly quiet. Keep in mind that the room I had was on the Biddle side and not the highway. The only hiccup I had was that once given the key which was to allow access from the opposite end of the building, it didn't work and had to return to the desk for a replacement. The room was very clean, although small with a king bed, but didn't spend much time there. It had a refrig, micro, tv and lots of pillows. The A/C was amazingly quiet and efficient. It was close to the mall, movie theatre and Costco. Would stay here again in a heartbeat given the price in comparison to other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Waiting for waffle maker could take quite a bit of time as they only have one.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Medford, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to let others know about it. I am so glad that you mentioned how quiet the property is on the inside; I know our location leaves some apprehensive. We do our best to reassure potential guests, but seeing it here from one traveler to another speaks more than we ever could. Thank you again for your positive review and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We came to this area for my daughter to tour the campus of Southern Oregon University. Cristy was working the front desk when we checked in and she was so friendly. We had never been to Medford/Ashland before so Cristy gave us lots of helpful advice. She's a gem and a definite asset to the Shilo Inn. The whole hotel is smoke-free which made it a very enjoyable stay - NO racing through smoke-filled halls or dodging smokers outside. Our room was clean and spacious and our beds were very comfortable which made our 4 night stay very nice! I'd definitely stay at the Shilo Inn if I'm ever back in Oregon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Medford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I receive so many great comments about our friendly agents and I thank you for taking the time to comment about one of them in such a public way. It really means so much that you took the time to write a positive review. I hope your travels bring you back to Southern Oregon so we can serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stopped after a long drive and found Shilo Inn right off the freeway. The rates are decent and the room comfy enough. I was especially pleased with the courtesy and friendliness of the
clerk at the front desk, Jeanine, who greeted me with a smile. She was refreshing when I was tired and road weary. I would stay again if I pass through another time.

• Stayed: April 2014
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Medford, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and your special recognition of our hard working Front Desk Agent. We pledge to give every guest the unique Shilo Service and Hospitality; I am delighted to hear that Jeanine fit the bill. We look forward to serving you again in the future and hope your travels bring you back soon.