“Stay Far Far Away Unless You Want to get Robbed!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Medford
Redwood Inn Motel Medford
Ranked #33 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reno
“Stay Far Far Away Unless You Want to get Robbed!!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This motel is nothing like it looks online! First off, it's a transient motel where people live and from what I could gather all were employed selling drugs! The actual staff at the motel are holed up in a glass lobby where they are hesitant to even let you in to register. In fact, when I left the next day they saw me coming and ran out of the office and then yelled from a window upstairs to just leave the key in the mailbox (postal box not an actual hotel box). As soon as we arrived (I was with 3 big guys or we would've left) I see all these shifty guys with hoodies all taking on cell phones on the stairways and on the balconies. When I questioned the motel staff about it they said they lived there and were okay and go into their rooms at 9:00 pm! There were 4 of these guys just wandering around looking very dangerous and up to no good and eyeing everything we took out of our car. I'm a big city girl and have seen a lot, but I really thought this place was dangerous and a dump! I wouldn't pay $5.00 to stay here. The guys I was with were like 'whatever' so we stayed and since we were only going to be in our room for about 6 hours just decided to deal with it. The bathroom window wouldn't lock and was wide open when we arrived so we jimmied it shut with an old dusty lamp in the room. I found weird bugs (like pill bugs) on the blankets and am hoping that was all the bugs we got! The whole place was really seedy and rundown and unfriendly. In the morning there were homeless people everywhere going through the trash. I would not ever stay here again and highly recommend the same to anyone else! Like I said, it's a transient motel so you never know who are the people staying there. I don't know how anyone could give this place a good review on any level! There is no food nearby either- just used car lots, a strip club, and a Mexican restaurant. Stay on the other side of the freeway at the Motel 6!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms! Just try and get one away from the drug dealers! There is also no restauran...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Oregon
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Got the motel with priceline.com, which prompted an immediate problem with manager. I was under the impression that when I booked on line, I had paid for the room. When I arrived to sign in, I was told I had to pay. So, I questioned the manager, he got mad, and he got his boss on the phone. I paid, got to my room and called priceline, and they confirmed what the manager said. I apologized. I was on my own, so got a single. Very spartan, other than the micro and refrig, no other amenities. One SMALL bar of soap, no shampoo or hand cream, as I've found in all my other stays at different motels. From my inspection, the place was clean, the bed was comfortable, which probably doesn't matter because I never have problems sleeping....It served it's purpose at a reaonable rate...this being 9/30/12, and when I left the next morning, the place was practically empty. Perhaps next time I will just arrive at some place and find a room by stopping and comparing.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2012

These people are completely useless. I came down to visit relatives and apparently they have a curfew of 9pm. They called me and told me if i didn't ask my visitors to leave they would charge me $10 per person per hour past their curfew.Which was not in the contract. The free wifi is almost impossible to use. And when i tried calling the desk they hung up on me twice. When i got in my room they only supplied me with a half a roll of tp. And the room was way less than i expected. I am never going back and suggest you avoid them and tell your friends to do so

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank shortyk82

Travellers are raving about these Medford hotels

Reviewed 14 February 2010

Have stayed here on and off since 2003 staff is very rude and room stay broke ie the bath n shower faucet and I was sold a kitchenette with a broke range and no broiler over had no working thermostat staff is rude and heavy drug trafficing to occur

• Stayed August 2012
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 28 August 2009

So - it's just a motel in a typical US 99 strip of auto dealers and cheap motels. But it's inexpensive, the owners are nice, and it's got what you need (decent bed, good shower, fridge & microwave, very clean, and quiet too (since it's on 99, and therefore set back a bit from 5). It's convenient to the I-5/Crater Lake Highway interchange.

We accidentally left our camera battery charger, with spare battery, plugged into the wall. I called a couple of days later and no, they were quite certain there was nothing left in our room, her husband had checked. That night she took the trouble to call me and tell me that while vacuuming she discovered it and they are mailing it to me.

So - if looking for a decent, inexpensive motel while going through Medford this place is fine. Note however that they do not offer any free breakfast or anything like that. What they will give you is a decent place to sleep for less than $50.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple