“New owner I think”

Ranked #16 of 306 Restaurants in Medford
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Rosario’s Italian Restaurant has been in the Rogue Valley since 1975. It was originally started as a small Italian deli in this very same location by the Bonfiglio family. It is considered one of the oldest Italian Restaurants in Southern Oregon. Rosario's features a variety of dishes maintaining the closest version of the ancient genuine Italian culinary traditions. The food of Italy is as remarkably varied as the many different regions of the country, shaped and influenced as they are by geography, climate and history. The Pesto and Carbonara pasta dishes are from the Northern regions, you can travel to the Coastal regions with our seafood dishes. The Lazio region appears in our Alfredo (Pasta alla Crema o Panna) dishes, so popular and sooo good! The Southern region is emulated by our rich aromatic red sauces. Or you can try a Pizza from our wood-fired oven. Living and shopping in Southern Oregon we authoritatively maintain flavors, traditions and authentic Italian eating habits making the most of our local markets.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I'm a pesto snob. They passed on their pesto, yummy! Good service and good basic Italian food. Will try pizza next time.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is not what a foodie thinks of as an Italian restaurant--the menu is mostly pasta and pizza. That said, the food is above average and service is workmanlike. Decor is upscale casual. We ordered the crab ravioli, which was pleasantly crabby, and the mostaccioli. All were prepared decently, but nothing struck us as exceptional.

We miss the west-side presence of Pomodori Ristorante on Stewart Avenue, which was much more interesting. If you crave a more authentic Italian dining experience, you may have to look beyond the confines of Medford.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We took the advice of over Trip Advisor members and tried this restaurant. It's affordable and the food is very good. What surprised me was their wine list. I found a very good Chianti which is unusual in a smaller restaurant. My husband had the chicken parm and I had the Mostaccioli. My food was so ample that I took some home and we ate it again the next day. The prices are fair and the service is pleasant.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I've been coming here for 10+ years. Food is always very good. The service use to be amazing also but last few visit it's been less then pleasant

1  Thank ShawnSmothers
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I went here with my husband for lunch for a hot Italian lunch. Overall, the experience was good. Service was pretty slow, considering we were one of three tables in there, but a glass of wine made the waiting more tolerable. We shared a pizza that was loaded with flavor and not overloaded with toppings (a unfortunately common mistake among). Portion sizes were decent and atmosphere was quaint but cute. Not the best Italian I've had, but excelled for the valley.