“A good stay”

Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Brea, CA
“A good stay”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Nice hotel to stay. It was very conveniently located, near the mall, near the airport and best service possible. Poor breakfast, however they had plenty of items, but I was looking for a meat item:). Very satasfied. If you have to sty in Medford this is it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dennis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
We are very proud of our staff and the service that they provide. I appreciate your noticing and taking time to tell us! We usually provide a meat pairing along with our daily egg offering but occasionally pair the eggs with breakfast potatoes especially when the egg offering contains meat. For example, our scrambled eggs with ham and cheese or our western omlettes usually are accompanied by breakfast potatoes in consideration of those that do not eat meat. We are excited to now offer locally backed cinnamon rolls, scones and muffing as part of our extensive breakfast offerings. I do hope you will try them the next time you have the occasion to be in Medford.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Springfield, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 11 February 2013

"Mr. Godfrey,

My son and I stayed at your hotel this past Saturday night. I have stayed at Hampton Inns in the past during multiple trips, including one driving across the country where we stayed at Hampton Inns only on each night of our trip, and have always gone there because I could count on it to be extremely nice, clean, and comfortable. After our stay at your hotel this past weekend I will never feel the same way about the brand.

The first problem happened when we arrived and there was construction in the lobby. It would have been nice to be informed about that prior to our arrival because my son has autism and the noise and smells made him extremely anxious. If I had been informed about this at the time I made the reservation I could have prepared him better for that situation. Next as we were checking in the girl who was working questioned me about why we needed the accessible room. I had to explain it to her in front of my son, who is self-conscious and gets embarrassed when I talk about him, especially when I discuss his special needs. He actually does need the additional restroom supports and I felt it was inappropriate for her to ask. I did not appreciate her embarrassing him like that. When we went to the room I noticed that the bathroom smelled like deodorizer and urine. The bathtub was stained and a little moldy and there was grunge in the corners. Later that night I stepped on a piece of chewed up gum with a hair in it, and that is when I noticed how dirty the carpet was. It was stained and had crumbs all over it. When we went to the pool it had a musty smell and a ring of mildew underneath the inner edge.

The next morning we were awakened EARLY by the sound of the housekeepers talking loudly in the hallway. It must have lasted for at least an hour. Maybe if they spent more time cleaning and less time talking your hotel would not be do disgusting. We went downstairs and I spoke with the young man who was working at the time and he offered me some water, candy, and a $5 Subway gift card as a consolation. After we went back up to get our things together the housekeepers proceeded to stand outside our room talking, and when my son made a loud noise they knocked on the door to see if they could clean it at 9:30 am, even though they knew we were still in there because they had seen us going in and could hear us inside. As we were leaving they stood in the hallway pointing and whispering about how I was the lady who had stepped on the gum. Seriously? This experience was totally shocking considering the level of comfort and service we have had at every other Hampton Inn we have stayed in. I am completely shocked by how horrible it was. Vitamin water, candy, and a $5 sandwich do not nearly make up for the discomfort I experienced.

Anastasia Boffoli"

I have not received any response back.

Room Tip: Be sure to inspect your room and any other areas you plan to use prior to checking in.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Anastasia B
Dennis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
The remodel of our lobby is now complete and we can offer a beautiful updated product for our guests. Of course, any remodel is not without the pain of going through the inconvenience of the construction. I am sorry that it impacted your stay. Please know that asking for information regarding those needing an accessible room is only done for the safety of our guests. If a fire or other disaster should take place, our ADA log book would give emergency personnel valuable information that could save lives.
West Hills, CA, USA
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed in Jan for one night while in transit to Canada. Hotel was clean, staff was very courteous. Beds are typical Hampton but you could tell they were coming to the end of their cycle. Breakfast was about a 3-3.5 - Satisfying but not great. In general a good but dated stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jdarbysh
Dennis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip through our area and for your kind comments. You will be pleased to know that we have just completed a beautiful renovation of our lobby, breakfast area, front desk and fitness room. I'm sure you will absolutely love the result!
Black Diamond, Washington, United States
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I have stayed here many times over the last 6 years. Each time, it gets more tired. Current construction may improve the dining room but for the price, there are better options available in the Medford area. I will try something else the next trip.

Room Tip: Don't fall for the "roll-away". At $10 per night it is worse than sleeping on the flo...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
portland
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We have stayed at another Hampton Inn in Redding, CA, and have been very pleased by the accommodations. The Hampton Inn in Medford was just as good. Because my wife and I were traveling with our daughter, son-in-law, and two young grandchildren (ages 7 months and 2 years), we booked adjoining rooms with a door between them. Ours was wonderful: spacious (two beds and a large armchair), extremely clean, and well-appointed. The other room, which was disabled-accessible, though it had only one bed, was also spacious, extremely clean, and well-appointed. Our older grandchild could go from room to room freely, the younger grandchild had lots of room to crawl around. There was room enough for two portacribs. We would definitely stay in these accommodations again. My wife, who is a stickler for cleanliness, has been impressed at how well-serviced Hampton Inn rooms are. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. If you are traveling, they will even pack you a snack pack with apple, muffin, health bar, and bottle of water.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Stayed here for a few days. Very typical Hampton Inn. Staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was your average bagels and mass produced muffins, but nice to get some coffee and food before leaving for the day. All in all it was an average hotel, perfectly fine for a quick stopover.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank PDX-Traveler78
san francisco
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Had a hard time finding this place as you have to drive a little through Medford to find it. Otherwise, very nice room and atmosphere. The young man helping us at the desk was really trying hard to please - it was very nice to see such hospitality. He gave us a good recommendation for dinner and was extremely helpful to all who came up to him. Once you figure out where you are, it's easier to get out and back to the highway. Price was good too.
Really loved that the comforters are washed just for you! You hear too many stories...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family