“Nightmare management at the Hampton In”

Hampton Inn Medford
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Oakley, United States
“Nightmare management at the Hampton In”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This hotel has really bad management, She's very rude. I would never stay at this hotel again! I have stayed at many Hampton's and normally the customer service and stay is outstanding but this hotel by far has the worst leader as there staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

5 Thank Sakari W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Midwest USA
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We've had good experiences at other Hampton Inns and this one was no exception. Room was clean and good size, beds & pillows were comfy, no excessive noise, and breakfast was good quality. No complaints. Also conveniently located very near Crater Lake highway.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
kent, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

not a very nice hotel. no service and no information. room was left with the last customers soap in the shower. curtains did not close enough to block out the street light.how much more do you want me to say. do i have 200 characters

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Carolyn L
Bothell, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Our family road trips from Seattle to Southern California and back every summer and this hotel is located pretty much in the middle of our trip. I make it point to stay here every time. I have never had a bad experience. There is PLENTY of parking. It as always clean and very quiet. The complementary breakfast isn't gourmet, but it is hot and ready and the new dining room design is great. The beds are clean and comfy. The pool is always clean and never too crowded. I recommend it to everyone making the drive from CA to WA and they have loved it too. The HH points are just the icing on the cake.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

People there are nice and beds are comfortable, but get a room on the top floor if you want to sleep. Unfortunately, I was on first floor with a girls baseball team above me. They must have been practicing sliding into home base, because they were so noisy that I checked out a day early. Tried to move, but front desk told me that that would not be possible. The ceiling insulation is non existent and you can hear every step from above. Breakfast is margi

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank azmusicman
Seattle
Reviewed 1 August 2013

First time at this location. The Hampton Inn chain has been a good goto chain for me. Pretty dependable services, comfortable rooms, nice complimentary breakfast. This location didn't disappoint. Room seemed a little larger than usual and the presence of a DQ right across the parking lot made the inevitable struggle of leaving the room after checking in a little easier.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stay in a lot of Hampton inns and hotels in general. Usually a Hampton Inn is pretty standard - sure it won't be the Ritz, but you'll get a clean room and a comfortable bed... Not so much here. Expect out dated furnishings, unclean bathrooms (the shower looked as if it had not been cleaned in months), and rude staff.

The first problem started the morning of my reservation. I got a call saying my CC had been declined. After checking my bank account online and then calling my bank I called the hotel. The problem you ask? Well they were trying to charge a card I had over a year ago. Now please let me remind you that I stay with Hilton properties on a regular basis. In fact, I had stayed at a Hampton Inn in Portland just 2 night earlier.

Taking this as an honest mistake, I give them my actual CC # and we continue on our way to Medford.

When we get there, we notice the neighborhood is a little seedy. It's right next to a food for less and right off the freeway (not the end of the world, just a little ugly). There are 2 people at the front desk - neither says hello, smiles, etc when I walk in. After a minute or so, they finish their conversation and then look at each other as if to say, "Ugh, no, it's your turn to deal with a guest."

After getting checked in to our rather disappointing room, we basically fall asleep and leave early the next morning.

Ah, now the fun part. As I check my statement for hhonors and view my receipt I happen to notice a wonderful $250 charge... For what you ask? For smoking marihuana. Yep. Wow, I'm not
even sure what to say. Now I get to deal with the unpleasant task of arguing with the hotel management. Wish me luck!

Oh, and if you can avoid it, don't stay here. There is a much nicer holiday inn express down the street that looks brand new. Even better? Stay in Ashland, which looks about 100 times better than Medford.

• Stayed July 2013