“Can't give them a single negative”

Elmer's Restaurant - Medford
Ranked #15 of 303 Restaurants in Medford
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Elmer’s Restaurant provides our Guests with a warm and inviting family dining experience that offers seasonally fresh entrees, and premium, made-from-scratch favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Midland, Mich
“Can't give them a single negative”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My granddaughter loves their Dungeness Crab eggs benedicts and fresh squeezed orange juice. I love the German sausage. Great service, huge portions and everything is well done.

Visited August 2014

Oro Valley, Arizona
“Very good local restaurant with lots of choices.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

As locals we enjoy Elmer's for any time of day. Had a great breakfast - northwest skillet = healthy & very good; ligonberry crepes w/ chicken sausage= yummy. Very good service for busy Sat am.

White City, Oregon
“"keep the great ones,they make or break you"”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

So I have to say going into Elmer's most people don’t think they are going to get more than just average food and average service, but I’ve got to hand it to them it’s always so much better then I expect. I’ve been going to Elmer’s on and off these past few years, never sure if I am satisfied enough with the service to return, but my most recent visit when I took my sisters out for dinner, was just splendid. It wasn't just the food that was spot on but we all felt the staff on the night crew made our dinner so much more than just your average restaurant experience. Both our lovely waitress and the main supervisor were sure to check in on us to make sure everything was good with our food. And even though they were very busy we never felt like we were in anyway neglected. I would recommend to anyone of my friends to head to down to Elmer’s for some dinner, especially with the Monday night staff…..the atmosphere around them was just much more pleasant then some of my previous experiences....

Sydney
“Probably ok for breakfast, recommend another option in the area for dinner though, Pizza Hut is even right next door...”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

It started with not having the beer I wanted, then having my second choice delivered in a bottle without a glass to pour it into. I asked the server if I could please get a glass, by the time I received a milkshake style glass with a chipped rim, my beer was warm (the 2 stage cold activation indicator did not even register as cold). I was told that the milkshake glass was the only one she could find and all the other glasses out the back were dirty.

I ordered the turkey roast dinner and was disappointed to receive turkey which looked as if it were straight out of a cold lunch meat packet and then heated and put on top of enough stuffing to stuff 2 whole turkeys. The mashed potato was good though and I did enjoy that.

My daughter ordered the prime rib. The meat was very tender, however it was a very fatty piece of meat and she found it a bit dry around the edges. She also liked the mashed potato.

When our plates were cleared by the server who sat us at the table, he asked how everything was. I told him I was a bit disappointed, he shrugged his shoulders a little and didn't know how to reply.

Overall, the service was extremely slow (even though the restaurant was not even half full), the server was in an obvious bad mood and made no attempt to hide it. The food was overpriced for what it was. I will not go to Elmer's again for dinner after our experience tonight. I never complain about meals or service but tonight was the worst I have ever had and am extremely disappointed.

Elk Grove, California
“food great service slow”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The food was great tasty, hot and exactly as ordered. The service was slow even though there was plenty of staff available.

Visited July 2014