“Good food!”
Review of My Plate Asian Fusion and Bar - CLOSED

My Plate Asian Fusion and Bar
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We finally tried out My Plate Asian Fusion and Bar in Medford. They took over the old Red Rock building which has seen a lot of restaurants come and go. Let's hope this one sticks around. There were four in our party. We tried a variety of appetizers and main dishes. All were very good. The yellow curry was excellent. The Kabi ribs were flavorful, but had cooled off by the time they were served. Our server was delightful. She appropriately engaged in conversation and had great suggestions for cocktails. Don't miss out on the coconut martini and the Heat of Passion martini. Yum! The makeover of the restaurant is beautiful. I especially loved the paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling and the mural out front, beautiful.

1  Thank Rich M

Reviewed 12 September 2012

What a wonderful dining experience. The food was incredible...the decor was amazing and the drinks were top of the line. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. Come in and enjoy....

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My Plate provides excellent service, and our group of four really enjoyed the food. We tried vegetable egg roll and chicken wings for appetizer. Both were very tasty. Our main dishes of yellow curry chicken, green curry seafood, steak with wine sauce, and shrimp in peanut sauce were enjoyed by all. Plenty of food and served piping hot. Some of the best Asian food we have had in the Rogue Valley. The decor is very tasteful and relaxing. The bartender sent us a couple of complementary cocktails to try.

This is a very welcome addition to the Medford restaurant offering, especially with their choice of indoor or outdoor dining during the summer. There just aren't enough good restaurants in Medford where outdoor dining is offered, so we were especially excited by My Plate's opening.

1  Thank LHawk5919
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My wife and I decided to give this new addition to the local eaterie scene a try. What a pleasant experience. Started with the My Plate Oyster shooter which consisted of a freshly shucked oyster complimented with flying fish roe, liquor from the shell and some exotic spices-order comes with two of these and they were delightful. My wife ordered the shrimp and green mango salad and I had the soft shelled crab "sandwich. Each order was served with an extra plate/glass for sharing. The green mango was fried with asian spices and was a very nicely textured and flavored offering. The soft shelled crab was served in a martini style glass complemented with diced mango and other fruit in a very nice peanut sauce. Presentation of both entrees was very well constructed.
We will definitetly dine here in the future-service was very good and the food the most refreshing new variety to be introduce to this area in years.

1  Thank MedfordOregonfisher
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Was pleasantly surprised to see that the previous Red Rock pizzaria was quickly converted to an Asian fusion restaurant. They have been open just for a week so little clientele as expected, their liquor license should come in August 9, 2012. We were served a salad sampler with peanut sauce - reminded me of a sauerkraut. Some unusual types of maki rolls including a chili seafood on that was deep fried (Big boy?). Seafood cakes with three sauces were good (also deep fried). Mussels with lemon grass were a bit over cooked but good. Seafood soup was very nice. Would definitely come back. Next time I will try to limit the fried foods. I particularly appreciate that they are not afraid to spice things up.

1  Thank EpicureanEater