“Service sucked food gross”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #95 of 310 Restaurants in Medford
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The service was horrible we waited forever to even get menus let alone order or get drink refills. The food was not right and was not good at all. Will not be going back

2  Thank Jaimeholiman

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Visited on a Saturday night and it wasn't busy; not what I'm used to at an Outback. We did enjoy the chicken 'special' but, there is less and less value for the price. When I asked for 'everything' on the baked potato, it came with about one teaspoon of cheese, chives & bacon, combined. Also, why is it that they bring the food to the table and immediately ask if you need anything? How can one know at this point? I've been to better Outback's in other cities and, in my opinion, this one needs to kick it up several notches...!

3  Thank SoCalMare
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Went to dinner here w/family we were visiting in Medford on a Monday night. Our experience was not as I remembered when we came here years ago to dine. Although my parents come here once in a while. My steak was cooked to order for me, no seasoning and was good. My moms was not as she liked, but she didn't return it since we all had our food and she would have had to eat while we were about done. The fried mushrooms we ordered were delicious. they are not on the menu now, but you can order them. My husband liked his burger, but he asked for it well done, so I could not really comment on that. Others in party didn't complain about their main course. My complaint is that they seem to skimp on things. My dad had a salad and his tiny cup of dressing ran out before he was done. my dressing had a horrible taste, but I did get a new salad w/same tiny dressing cup. the fixings for the baked potato were very small and we were brought the wrong toppings after they finally brought the potatoes we ordered. to top it off the waiter brought us someone elses check, so we had to wait to flag him down, but he actually discovered it and returned with the right one. overall i just felt for the cost of the meal that this was not a good experience at all. I would not return to eat here and try another place. too bad that they seem to have gone downhill in service and food......

1  Thank p m
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I have only written one other awful review and it was in Santa Cruz, Ca for a five star hotel... I even posted pictures to validate..... Tonight eating at the Medford Outback left me literally in the bathroom all night!!!!! We wanted to go to the new steak house across the way but the line was shorter at Outback... First clue... We joked about McDonalds across the way being cheaper... Have not eaten fast food six years... But tonight I wish I would have! My husband after coming off of three weeks annual training ( Oregon National Guard) wanted a steak... He ordered a porterhouse which we were later informed they 86'd so settled for the rib eye.... Only okay... a steak house and only ok?
I ordered the small prime rib... It arrived ...late...l, after a slow service and a horrific Long island Ice tea at $8.95 .... I let the waitress know.. She had nothing to say!
Yikes!!!!! Next, a Cold, dry and gritty prime rib, it was colored, as if sitting in the air too long if that makes sense....and we had to wait until someone finally came around to get a steak knife and some steak sauce for my husband!!! Really, you are a steak house right???
I did not want to complain further as I already told our waitress that was an awful drink... 'Hmmm' was all she gave us.... I wrote on on check what I thought of that!
Management could please check tickets from June 29, 2013 to further prove this...
so, if you are wanting to spend over $60.00 on a meal , concider driving 20 minutes to to Ashland and forego the fast food chain restaurant!!! Or hit McDonalds and save about fifty dollars... Enjoy your $65.00 plus dollar meal at Beasly, Raging River or Omar's for a fantastic dining experience! Our waitress didnt care about us, I think we saw her twice...

This is a tourist trap, and a small minded food experience...

2  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 27 June 2013

For my husband and I, Outback has been one of our "go-to" places. The last few times we have been there we have noticed a slight decline in either service or quality of food with each visit. We keep giving them the benefit of the doubt, but this last visit definitely changed our opinion. We were there on a Wednesday evening, and it was not busy - maybe 1/2 the tables filled. We had a total of 5 (yes, five) different people serve us after waiting a long time for each service. We had no idea who was our server, it was just whoever happened to stop on their way by the table. There were staff wandering all over the dining room, but the food took a long time to be served, and we thought our order was forgotten. We finally were served salad, and almost minutes after our dinner arrived. The food was ok, but the sporadic and disjointed service was puzzling. You would think with other steak houses in the area that Outback would be working hard to be the best, but they sure don't seem to have much enthusiasm anymore for what they do. Maybe time for new management? PS, I have to say the new decor is a huge improvement. Too bad the staff isn't better trained.

1  Thank Beverly A