“Awesome Meal”

Porters - Dining at the Depot
Reserve with OpenTable
Porters - Dining at the Depot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 306 Restaurants in Medford
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Beautifully restored 1910 National Historic Landmark Train Station. Seating for several hundred, romantic outdoor dining and stunning craftsman style full bar. Happy Hour food specials. Dinner Entrees starting at $10.
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I called at 5 for a 6pm resv. We were seated promptly upon arrival. Looking around tables were filling quickly. The menu will meet everyone's need from vegetarian to meat eater. DH had the ahi which he says is best he's ever had (including on Maui). I had the steelhead salmon that was awesome. The salads and sides were great. The peach turnover with vanilla ice cream and Carmel sauce was a great way to end the meal. I encourage you to go to this restaurant when you're in town.

1  Thank napiligal
PortersMedfordOR, Manager at Porters - Dining at the Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thanks for your review. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Went two days in a row. Great food. Sat a bar and enjoyed the atmosphere. Great steaks. Brought a friend back the second time.

PortersMedfordOR, Manager at Porters - Dining at the Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thanks for being here.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

A nice use of an old building. I liked the idea of the art competition; a great way to involve the community. Friendly staff & nice food

PortersMedfordOR, Manager at Porters - Dining at the Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thanks for your review. See you soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

For an unknown reason, we just didn't think of Porter's for dinner too much...so, on a delightful summer Saturday evening we went again---after months away. No reservation and asked to eat on the patio. Heavenly setting in the shade, saw some neighbors, 'snappy' waiter, crisp wine and dinner we raved about. I had the Poke appetizer and hungered for more---superb. Wife had a curry stuffed pepper--which smelled and tasted great. I had a small steak, rice, and veggies---melt in my mouth. We finished with a shared bread pudding which had me damn near licking the plate. The attentive owner stopped by and chatted. All in all, we now have a new FAVORITE and will be back far more often.

PortersMedfordOR, Manager at Porters - Dining at the Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thanks for that wonderful review. We'll look forward to having you back soon and often.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Fantastic experience. Every time we travel we look for a nice restaurant to see if we can have one really nice meal in the town we are in. I have never been so satisfied. Perfectly cooked and one of the best steaks I've ever eaten (and I have eaten at several famous steakhouses). Fantastic local wines too. We didn't need a reservation on a weeknight but on a weekend I bet you would. Go and enjoy!

PortersMedfordOR, Manager at Porters - Dining at the Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thanks so much. Hope to see you again soon.