“Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Portland
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2007

This hotel appeared to be brand new, although it really is 1 and a half years old. Well maintained and clean. The service at the front desk was some of the best I have experienced, from check-in to check-out, every person we encountered was helpfull, friendly, and was always smiling. A fantastic experience

• Liked — Staff Service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2007

I checked into this hotel on my way through Oregon on a driving trip along the West Coast. All I wanted was a clean, comfortable room and that's what I got.

It was the end of a holiday weekend and there didn't seem to be many people staying there. It seemed more business class than leisure class, ideal for short stays.

• Stayed February 2007
Fremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2006

We stayed at this Courtyard Marriot for leisure on our trip to Crater Lake and the Oregon Caves National Monument. The hotel is great! It offers a nice continental buffet or a full breakfast buffet, both for minimal amounts of money.

The hotel's location is right near the Medford Airport, but not once did we hear a plane the whole time we were there. It is a small airport, so little traffic. The hotel is perched on a mini hill, so the overlook is nice and quiet. It has very convenient access to both I-5 and to Crater Lake Highway. The hotel is only a few minutes drive from tons of shops and restaurants. Everything is very convenient in terms of location.

I have no complaints about this hotel and would definitely stay at it again. The staff is very friendly and acommodating as well, as we repeatedly asked for extra towels and they accomodated our requests quickly and efficiently.

We used the gym facility as well. It is small, but has excellent new equipment. The hotel also has an indoor pool and spa which we did not have time to use, but looked nice as well. There is also a small outdoor patio type area with a nice gazebo to lounge in on warm summer nights.

I definitely recommend this hotel, both with or without kids! The room size was great and well-decorated. Definitely two thumbs up!

• Liked — Location, Safety, Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Only one mirror in the room
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2006

It looks great but the walls are very thin, we could hear three conversations, and the floors creaked, not things you would expect from a new building. And then no free breakfast after paying more to stay there. Very disapointing.

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — cost
  • Tips/Secrets — stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank fun12
Huntington Beach, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2005

November 17, 2005 – Wow, is the only way to describe the new Courtyard Hotel in Medford Oregon. This hotel is really comfortable, inviting and beautiful property.

First, the hotel is literally at the airport. From baggage claim, the hotel is less than ¼ mile. It is convenient to both Interstate 5 and highway 62 to Crater Lake.

Walking into the lobby, I was surprised how different the décor was from all of the Courtyard hotels that I have stayed at in the past. It was less formal, warmer and more inviting. Check in was fast and I received a non-smoking king room as I had reserved. The rate for my room was $129 for a mid-week stay.

Entering my room, #231, I was “wowed!” The first thing you see is an “oriental style” flower arrangement lit with an accent light on a cherry wooden stand. For a Courtyard hotel, it seemed very elegant. The new furniture, all in the same cherry-wood tone, the blue carpet and the warm toned wallpaper all fit together just perfectly. Whoever was responsible for the décor of the room did an outstanding job!

My room had two of the things that I really appreciate in a hotel room; a good work desk and a good office-style chair. Lighting at the desk was excellent and there was plenty of room to work when I pulled out the lower portion of the desk. A complimentary high speed internet connection was provided as well as plenty of outlets to plug all my devices into.

The king bed was one of the new ultra comfortable Marriott beds. Every time I sleep in one, I wish my bed at home were as comfortable. There were five feather pillows and the bed linens were high quality. The bed cover was the new type that is changed with each guest. The lamps mounted on either side of the bed also had electrical outlets which made plugging in my cell phone charger convenient.

There was also a queen-size sofa bed in the room with a coffee table. The TV had local and cable channels as well as a large selection of PPV movies. In the closet were the expected steam iron, ironing board, and also a hair dryer. There was plenty of drawer space as well. Lighting in the room was excellent with 4 lamps plus the accent lighting.

I liked the granite topped coffee bar. An example of the detail of the new décor was a small framed piece of a flower above it. Below the coffee maker and coffee was an empty mini refrigerator. The coffee bar was lit with a high intensity accent light.

The bathroom had a large granite vanity, excellent lighting, and a combination tub and shower. The shower curtain was the style that “bowed out” giving more room in the shower. There was also framed art on the bathroom wall. Being a Marriott property, the bathroom was, of course, spotless.

I had breakfast in the Café and it more than met my expectations. The full hot buffet was $8.99, pretty reasonable. Besides scrambled eggs, cooked to order eggs were also offered. There was bacon, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, do-it-yourself waffles, cereals, fruits, breads, and juices. The coffee was good and the service was excellent and friendly. The café is casual and very comfortable.

I had several occasions to deal with the associates at the front desk and they were very friendly and provided quick, efficient service.

Just past the front desk is the hotel lounge and business center. There was a fire burning in the fireplace and complimentary coffee was always available. On one side of the lounge is a business center/work area. I understand the hotel offers complimentary wireless internet access. Behind that was a very large plasma TV and comfortable chairs.

I did not use the indoor pool, whirlpool spa, or the exercise room, but they looked nice. The hotel has plenty of free parking and once you have your room key there are keyed entrances on both ends of the hotel.

I have stayed at many Courtyard hotels and the new Courtyard in Medford is the nicest. The décor and ambiance is superior to a number of full service Marriott hotels where I have stayed in the last few years. This will be where I stay whenever I am in Medford!

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank LakersFan
Northern California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2005

We read the Trip Advisor reviews about this place and happily made a reservation. However, our experience was quite different. This hotel is not right near the freeway, it's at least 3 miles from Hwy 5. There were no cookies for us when we checked in, oh well! The room was very nice, great decor - I think the beds each had 6 pillows on them, but the mattresses were too firm. It was really quiet, next to a small airport, but we didn't hear a thing. There aren't really any stores nearby, so if you want a beer, be prepared to pay $4 a piece. Don't bother with the breakfast. It was overpriced, crowded, and the service was poor. I assumed that breakfast was included ($100+ per night), but it wasn't. If it had, I wouldn't have minded so much. If you are a business traveler and your company picks up the tab, I think this place is great. But as a just-passing-thru-town vacationer, save your money and stay somewhere less expensive.

• Stayed October 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank EdnaDurango
Loomis, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2005

Well, of course this hotel was practically brand new when we stayed-opened july 2005-but very nice. Comfortable bed, larger than average room and bathroom. Nice decor. Heated indoor pool and hot tub. Restraunt on site (Did not try) Our thermostat was broke, but when I called the front desk they sent someone up right away and fixed it. (Said they would gladly move us if wasn't able to fix.) Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2005