“Clean, good value for price”

Super 8 Central PT Medford
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Poulsbo, Washington
“Clean, good value for price”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Our first stay was booked in advance, we asked for (and received) a king bed with fridge and microwave in the room. It was located in the back away from the highway traffic, we slept well and had a good breakfast with choices of cereal, waffles, yogurt, juices, coffee, peanut butter, etc. The staff was helpful and friendly. This visit was worthy of 5 stars.

Our second stay was on our return trip and we called about an hour and a half out, asking for same type of room, were told there were refrigerators and microwaves in all the rooms, and only queen sized bed was available. We took it. When we walked into the room, the fridge and microwave were missing, the room faced the front and traffic noise was loud if we opened the window. If we ran the a/c it smelled like dog. So we opted for opening the window. The next morning I mentioned the above, and they adjusted the bill cheerfully. Again, good value for the money. I gave it a 3 star this time, the two visits averaged to 4 stars.

The hotel is clean, staff very helpful and professional.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing back for quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Super 8 Central PT Medford, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us! We love hearing how we are doing and appreciate any and all feedback.

I apologize you weren't able to get a king room, we always try as hard as possible to accommodate all our guests needs and wants. I'm glad you enjoyed the majority of your stay and we look forward to having you as our guest again.

Super 8 Inn and Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
phoenix, arizona
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My family of 3 arrived at this hotel late at night we had made the reservation several days in advance. The front staff was great, responsible and cheerful even at 11pm. The Room was less so. Not that we carred much since we were very tired and had a long drive the next day but we were given a single queen bed for 3 people in a smoking room. We were told that the rate we reserved at that was all they had but if we wanted to upgrade to two beds we could for quite a bit more. Wow what a scam! I was very irritated and refused based on principle. It was a very uncomfortable night but we figured it out.We had to keep the window open due to the stench of smoke. Other than these issues the room was clean ad comfortable. The breakfast was crowded and does not encourage lingering. Not enough tables to accomidate the crowd but the food was good. Strangely it was not advertised on the list of amenities when we booked.

Room Tip: Do not get a smoking room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Super 8 Central PT Medford, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! We happily accept any and all feedback and love to hear how we are doing.

I sincerely apologize the room you wanted was not available; I can certainly understand how frustrating and uncomfortable that can be and I hope you will come back and try us again.

Thank you again for your feedback, I will be sure I pass it along to the rest of the staff.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I had a great stay at this location. I was greeted at the front desk and was given a thank you card for staying at the motel that was handwritten by the Front Desk Manager. Every staff member was friendly and each person I encountered at the front desk was pleasant, going out of their way to be helpful. I stayed on the East Side 3rd Floor and was happy to see a great view of Mt. McLoughlin and Roxy Ann Peak upon entering my room. There was a photo of Crater Lake above my bed. I loved all of the amenities; flat screen TV, mini coffee pot/fridge/microwave, hair dryer, and environmental friendly complimentary bath products. This may seem standard but some motels only have a combination of these items. I was really happy to find that they provided a plethora of personal items, that you may have left at home, free of charge at the front desk. I am used to seeing these items offered in vending machines only at other motels. The breakfast in the morning had a nice assortment. Having a gluten allergy I was pleasantly surprised that they offered Yoplait yogurt, I was able to have a meal including a banana and peanut butter, as well as some tasty juice and coffee. I was able to enjoy swimming laps during the morning hours that the motel set aside for adult only swim. They had some time for adults set aside at night as well. I would have enjoyed the slide (80 ft.) and Jacuzzi however they were closed during my morning swim. I will have to try it on my next visit. I was also happy with the design of the motel with the room doors being on the inside of the motel. There were quite a few competitor motels that I had considered and was glad I didn't go with them as the room doors were outside. I felt like a picked a more secure place.
The only drawbacks were that the computer was dated and the internet was slow (at least they offer it right?). The elevator seemed to be delayed in responding to the buttons. It also jolted a bit. However, these both can be remedied easily by the motel.
I would definitely recommend this Super 8 to anyone staying in the Rogue Valley regardless of which part they are visiting.

Room Tip: I recommend getting a room on the east side to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! We love to hear how we are doing and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay!

All comments are taken very seriously and I will be sure we address the elevator and guest use computer. I understand how frustrating these can be so I will make sure we do what we can to remedy the areas you brought to our attention.

Thank you again for writing a review and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Modesto, California, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My room was clean and the people were verry pleasent, I enjoyed my stay and look forward to returning to Medford in a few weeks and I will stay at the super 8 in Central Point for a few more days as I atend more car shows in the area. I know that I have meny options on plaaces to stay but I enjoy this hotel with its clean rooms, friendly staff, and convient location to the surrounding areas.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
, General Manager at Super 8 Central PT Medford, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us! We all love to hear how we are doing so I am so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass your comments around to the rest of the staff.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you as our guest again!

Mesa
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed here for a week. We enjoyed ourselves. Five of us.They have a decent Continental breakfast . Great pool with fun slide. All the employees went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and enjoying our stay. We would stay there again in a heart beat. Thank you for making our stay great Super 8… You all made us feel like family.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Super8MFRCP, General Manager at Super 8 Central PT Medford, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay on TripAdvisor! We appreciate any and all feedback and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We won this hotel through a priceline bid and got a very good rate. It was clean and adequate for a one night stay, but I would not choose to stay longer. The lobby and pool were nice, but the rooms were quite small and the furnishings seemed somewhat outdated and cheap. It is near a truck stop and we experienced late-night noise from trucks starting up and air brakes releasing. The breakfast was modest and placed in an office-like room, not very congenial. The hotel was unable to accomodate our request for a two beds in one of the rooms we booked, this is always a danger with Priceline, but this is the first time with dozens of stays throughout the country that we have not been able to get two beds. Usually, it is the other way around, we can't get one bed when that is what we want. The hotel was clean with a convenient location, but it is definitely does not rate above two stars in my opinion.

Room Tip: Request a room as far as possilbe from the truck stop.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property. We appreciate any and all feedback and I apologize we were unable to change your room to a room with two beds. We always do our best to accommodate all requests to the best of our abilities.

Thank you again for posting a review.

Tigard, Oregon
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I stayed one night with my kids on a trip down to California. Property is new or recently renovated. Outside is well maintained. Lobby was large and nice to enter, carpeting is clean, hallways bright, room was very clean, no odors, bathroom was clean, no mold, etc. The surprise was that there is an indoor pool (small 3-5 ft deep), indoor Jacuzzi, and a ~20ft tall water slide the corkscrews into the pool. The kids loved this and didn't want to leave. Breakfast was standard, make your own waffles, cereals, juices. Multiple free WiFi connections throughout the hotel. Views of Mt McLaughlin from the east side of the hotel.

Room Tip: East (back side) of the building will have views of Mt. McLaughlin.
1 Thank James Y
Super8MFRCP, General Manager at Super 8 Central PT Medford, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Super 8 Inn and Suites on TripAdvisor!

We love hearing how we are doing and appreciate any and all feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and had a great view of the mountains; I personally love that view as well!

All the staff here thanks you for staying with us and we look forward to having you as our guest next time you are in the Medford/Central Point area.