“WOW - Unexpected Surprise”

Candlewood Suites Medford
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Medford, Oregon, United States
“WOW - Unexpected Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife and I sold our home here in Medford (It was a good thing) and needed a place to stay for a few weeks while escrow closed on our new home.

I am a bit of a hotel snob (as embarrassing as it is) so I started with Hilton and Marriott. I was happy as always with their service but felt what they wanted was extremely unreasonable. I could have rented a 3,000+ sq ft home for the same price AND had a maid.

I called Candlewood reluctantly to give it a shot and was connected to McKenzie. She won my wife and my heart within 30 seconds on the phone. She was warm, welcoming, and willing to help in any way she could. We researched all of my options on discounts from military to relocation and that ended up being the best for us.

Anyhow, to avoid a novel McKenzie and Natalie have given us personal services here that I have rarely found at most 4-5 star hotels I regularly attend. The service is impeccable and at the end of the day, when you are staying somewhere for two to three weeks that is very important.

Thank you Candlewood Suites for taking pride in who you hire.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank micahdubeau
Natalie R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Medford, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear guest,

We are glad to hear you recognize McKenzie as the rockstar that she is! We value your input and appreciate your stay here. You've been a pleasure and I hope you are enjoying your new home! (Fully stocked with rice krispies, of course.)

Thank you!

Natalie R.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We had two rooms and were there 3 nights and found this to be one of the best values in lodging that we have ever experienced. If you base your decisions on bells and whistles this won't fill the bill but if you are satisfied with a nice, clean and well appointed room then this is a winner. We will return.

Room Tip: I sincerely doubt that there are any bad rooms as both of ours were great. At no time did we hear a...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Natalie R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Medford, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to hear we made a positive impact on your travel experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Just passing through and decided to stay at my first candlewood hotel. I was pleased with the stay. Staff was friendly, room was huge and clean, price was great and location was not bad. I was worried about being so close to the airport, but never heard a plane. I would stay here again and I imagine that if you have to stay here for the long run, this place would be perfect.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us on your short trip to Medford. We appreciate this positive feedback, and look forward to hosting you on your future trips to the area!

Alamosa, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed here for 10 weeks for work and can't say enough good things. Staff went above and beyond to make the visit as comfortable as possible. A big thank you to McKenzie, Lee, Natalie & Amanda for everything. Housekeepers were very professional & thorough. If I make ,y way through, I would definitely stay again & would recommend it to others

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Amanda,

We enjoyed having you as a guest during your stay here in Medford. Thank you for being such a delight! Take care of that adorable dog of yours, and we hope to see you in the future if you are ever in the area again. Thanks again for staying with us!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

When sleeping in a few different kind of hotels within a week I have come to be Leary of certain areas and places. After driving for miles up and down the coast of Oregon the options become tricky. This place had an incredible AAA rate and was so welcoming when we arrived around midnight. Lisa at the front desk was the most warm and accomadating person. Truly a pleasure. This place is clean, cozy has a small store on the first floor, free laundry, full kitchen!!!! Stocked with supplies.....wait it gets better. Fitness room and you can even check out movies to rent and watch on your DVD player in your room. The Best! Will definitely stay here again when passing through.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
West Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Driving back home after our vacation, our plans were in flux. My wife made an online reservation for 2 rooms while we were on I5. When we arrived late Saturday night, I was surprised a live person was at the desk. We requested 2 non smoking rooms with 2 beds each. Somehow the website interpreted that as 2 smoking rooms. Luckily the night clerk was able to accommodate us with the nonsmoking request but because of how busy it was, she was not able to find rooms with 2 beds each. It did make for some interesting sleeping arrangements, but we were so tired by then that we didn't care.

The rooms: typical Candlewood suites. Clean, efficient, full kitchenette with fridge. We were just happy that it was clean and quiet. No breakfast. It is on the outskirts of Medford next to the airport. Even though it's named as an international airport, I don't think there are flights coming in and out of Medford at night so noise didn't seem to be an issue.

Overall, we were there to find a clean comfortable place to bed down for the night before continuing on our trip, and we did.

• Stayed June 2013
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

good points - wonderful view from window, peaceful, quiet, clean.

But - basic room with single queen has bed pushed close to one wall so they could fit in an easy chair.
Not suitable for a couple, as one person has no bedside table on which to place eyeglasses, tissues, etc, and has to struggle to get in and out of bed.

Also - while hotel does provide complementary coffee in lobby, they think its OK to only supply non-dairy creamer. I prefer not to have coffee with chemicals. I'd rather have something from a cow.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mhenner
Natalie R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Medford, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the peace we are so proud to give our guests. I apologize for the inconveniences you found. We will take your advice into to consideration on how we can improve. Thank you for this opportunity to better serve you and future guests.