“Always good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I usually eat at Vinny's when I am in Medfor and always enjoy it. Tonight the special was salmon piccata. The salmon was excellent, as was the pasta that comes as part of the dish. This restaurant is the real deal family Italian restaurant. Vinny usually comes by to greet the diners. A real gem.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The last time I had Italian food this good was in Florence! No kidding!
Great service with a warm smile - as if we had been invited into the home of a wonderful Italian family! I highly recommend Vinny's Italian Kitchen.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Oh my gosh! This restaurant is better than wonderful! It's cozy, comfortable and unpretentious. Our waiter was welcoming and knew the menu inside and out--very informative about each dish without pressuring our decision one way or another.

I almost forgot to mention that the prices are extremely reasonable and the portions are very, very generous.

Every single thing about this restaurant is absolutely perfect! Once you settle in and start looking around, you'll see photos of the owners' family here and there. We were totally shocked to see that the owners, Vincenzo (Vinny) and Virginia make a point of going to each table to greet and chat with their customers--even us and we'd never been there before! They ask you how your meal is, how you are, and they listen to your answers.

We felt like we were guests who were eating a fabulous meal in their home.

Somehow, some way, we'll get back to Medford to eat here again. If you're within an hour of this restaurant, I'd say it's definitely worth the drive. Unfortunately for us, it's a 9+-hour drive.

Oh, and the desserts are fabulous too!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

While visiting Medford, OR, we asked for a restaurant recommendation at the front desk of our hotel. We were directed towards Vinny's Italian Kitchen. What a charming place. The decor is unmistakenly Italian but not overdone. Pictures of generations of family members covered the walls. The owner, Vinny, and his wife, Virginia, were on site and welcomed us warmly. We instantly made a connection since Vinny is from an island not too far from where my mother's family grew up in Italy. We chatted for a few minutes and asked for some meal recommendations. Vinny recommended the Lasagna, which I ordered. It had a sweet meat sauce, made with both ground beef and ground sausage - very nice. The pasta was thin so as not to be too heavy. It was just right. My wife ordered a special dish, Shrimp with Portabella Mushroom over linguini pasta - also very tasty and a rather large portion! We each had a nice glass of wine to go with dinner and a house salad (tasty dressing). After dinner we had another nice chat with both Vinny and Virginia. The presence of the owner - not to mention - an ITALIAN owner - added a nice touch to the entire experience. We do not usually go to restaurants that are in malls or plazas, but we are so glad we got to experience Vinny's!

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Really friendly staff aith good food. Forgot my tea but was so chafming I didnt mind. Would definately stop again if in the area