“Super place”

TownePlace Suites Medford
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Stayed here for a few days while buying a home in Ashland (its just down the road from Ashland).Room was very nice, big refrigerator, good micro and some top burners if you really want to cook. Breakfast included :-) but best part is that they welcomed our Fur Child (dog).

We would be very happy to stay here here anytime. BTW, staff is normal great Mariott staff who were welcomming and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Medford

Reviewed 14 October 2011

Definitely the place to stay for the business travel has everything you need and then some!!!
Friendly professional staff Good breakfast outside pool good location!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed at the Medford Townplace Suites overnight on my trip to the Crater Lake National Park.

The pluses - breakfast is included, which was amazing. All rooms have pullout sofabeds - a definite plus. The rooms were fairly large and clean and included a small kitchen. Very pleasant and courteous staff. Free internet included

The negatives -
1. The breakfast area is also very small and coffee is served at the check in counter. I felt quite like I was sharing my table with the family seated next to me.
2. The hotel did not honour our room type request, even though I am a platinum member (as was my friend who was staying with me). But to be fair to the hotel, we made our booking at 5:30 PM the same day - so getting a room at such short notice was also great.
3. Though free wifi was advertised, I couldn't figure out how to connect (didn't try for too long - maybe 5 mins). However wired network access was available and easy to use.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay. I would recommend the hotel to anyone passing through Medford - affordable, pleasant and convenient.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank gstravellerIndia
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We enjoyed our stay. The property is well kept and is perfect when traveling with family. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and it provided enough space for everyone to have their own space. Location is good. Restaurants and shops are within walking distance. The artisan bakery located in a strip mall down the street is great.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The good: The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was spacious and the kitchen was very useful. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had a large bathtub and a second closet, which was a little bizarre but would be useful if you were traveling with a family. The location was also excellent - it was near the freeway (which I couldn't hear) and near a big shopping area with lots of stores and restaurants.
The bad: The people who stayed in the room before me had cooked something very fragrant (it smelled like bbq sauce), and the smell never really went away. They had openend the windows to air it out, but the smell was quite stubborn. Also, my room overlooked the street and it was pretty noisy, even late at night. I don't think this would be a problem if you had a room on the interior side or perhaps on the third floor.
Overall, this was a decent hotel and the kitchen in the room would be very nice if you were staying for a while. The staff was great, and the rooms were overall pretty nice. I would stay here again, but would request a room on the parking lot side rather than the street side.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CaliforniaReviewr
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Great value, but as a business traveller, it's just not the place for me. Suite was small, old tv, no full length mirror. I'll try somewhere else next time I'm in Medford.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank bway_carter
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We have stayed at this property about 6 times now - and after our last experience felt compelled to leave a review.
Upsides:
- Convenient Fwy access, near a Fred Meyer, Starbucks and Peets
- Pet friendly
- Pool
- Reasonably priced (if you can accept the "downsides")
- (Modest) breakfast included
- Rooms have a kitchen (which can also be a downside)
Downsides:
- 4 out of our 6 visits we were forced to complain or switch rooms due to the noise of neighboring rooms. This is a very family friendly property - and it seems parents love to let their kids jump on the beds, run down the halls, etc (even at midnite!) The walls seem poorly insulated with respect to noise. When making a reservation, REQUEST AN UPPER LEVEL - and call the morning of your arrival to confirm that you are on the 3rd floor - if they cannot guarantee an upper level I would strongly advise staying elsewhere. There is another Marriott in the same parking lot which is slightly more expensive, but if you don't have pets, this is a great alternative.
- On one occassion we had to request a different room because of a strong curry odor in the room. And on more than one occassion there was an almost overwhelming air sanitizer odor - turning on the A/C fan helped somewhat with that.

Summary: for around $100/night you can't expect perfection, but I do expect a reasonably quiet room - everything else is bonus in my opinion. I will not stay here again unless I'm guaranteed an upper level and I need a pet friendly property.

Room Tip: Request upper level (3rd floor) if you want to sleep - the walls are thin!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple