“2-bedroom suite suited my needs!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Medford

TownePlace Suites Medford
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Seattle, Washington
“2-bedroom suite suited my needs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I recently traveled to Medford, Oregon with my adult son; the plan was to stay there for a full week, and I was seriously considering getting 2 hotel rooms, then I found Marriott's TownePlace Suites. The hotel I usually use in Medford would have charged about $99 per room; we got a 2-bedroom suite at TownePlace for $159 (before taxes). It was like having our own apartment; dining and living area for when we wanted to be together, separate bedrooms for sleeping in private (each room had its own tv, for a total of 3 tvs, so no conflict there, either!). More convenient and less expensive than getting 2 separate rooms. Perfect solution!

I never stayed in a TownePlace Suites before, so didn't know exactly what to expect. Breakfast is "continental" style, the only hot options being oatmeal and toast/bagels/English muffins. The suite had a full kitchen, including dishwasher, so we did cook for ourselves a couple of times. Lots of nearby eating options, too. (Aside from fast food options, we enjoyed a great breakfast at Roosters, 350 Barnett Rd).

At this property, the pool is outdoors, so unavailable for use in winter. If you (or your kids) want to swim in winter, look for a different hotel. There is a small fitness room (2 treadmills, 1 elliptical). Laundry room for guests. Free wi-fi. The breakfast area in the lobby is very small, there are a few tables, but I think the assumption is you will take your food back to your room, which worked fine for us.

All of the staff were friendly, helpful, and responsive to requests. My son found the pillows too soft, but I had no complaint about that. The hotel is located very near I-5; our room was at the end nearest the freeway, so we did hear freeway noise, but it wasn't usually a problem.

Bottom line: Good family/business extended stay option. Photos on the website are accurate to what we experienced. I would use this property again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PJMtraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

When I booked this hotel I made a couple of mistakes but neither of them was the fault of the hotel. When I told the woman next to me on the plane where I was going she said that she lived in Medford and that this was not an airport hotel but way on the other side of town. Fortunately Medford is a small town and it only took a few minutes in the car to get there but it would have been an expensive cab ride.

At the time I booked they only showed a room with a queen and a hide-a-bed but I figured when I got there I could change to a room with two beds. But it turns out there are none and the room is so small that when the sofa bed was opened it touched the other bed and there was very little room left. The same man who owns this hotel has a Marriott Springhill Suites on the same grounds and it would have had two beds.

Oddly enough when I asked at the front desk what the difference in the two hotels is she said that the Towne Place Suites was for long term stays. That is why they have a small kitchenette. What is odd is that most of the people staying here were airline crews, including my own crew from Horizon Air, and of course they stay just hours, not days.

That aside the people at the front desk were very nice, the room was comfortable, the breakfast much better than expected and the location across from both a huge Wal Mart and the original Harry and David was convenient.

All in all I would recommend either this hotel or the Springhill Suites, which I did look at, to anyone who has a car.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Pacifica, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

the only reason i'm not giving this place 5 stars is their choice of breakfast dishes. they are using styrofoam bowls, plates and coffee cups. coming from the Bay Area, i'm accustomed to more eco friendly choices and i just can't understand why major hotels haven't made the change to compostable dishware. given the volume of people that go through any hotel, the difference we could make on landfill contribution is staggering and yet people still use styrofoam.

now that i'm off my soapbox, the front desk staff was very friendly (both on late check in and at breakfast). my room was easy to access and was far from the elevator as requested. however i was at the end of a hall wher 4 doors converge in a very small space so it was loud when people were coming and going. plus, the crying baby next door was easily audible even with music on.

still though, the room was super comfortable and the bed was dreamy. i also liked that there was a jack to plug your ipod into on the radio. nice touch.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank harbrsl
Venice, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

The location is right next to the road. You need to run the fan in the room but it still does not eliminate the road noise. The room itself is very open and had a full kitchen. Bed was soft if you like sleeping on a firm mattress. Staff was friendly and answered all questions. Breakfast was standard continental style.

Room Tip: When booking ask for an odd numbered room which face towards the parking lot to avoid road noise. No...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

To level set here, I've realized it is tough to compare ratings because you can stay at a gorgeous $600 / night place and have one set of expectations and then a $50 / night place and have a different set. So let me say that this review is in the context of a more "budget oriented" hotel. That said, I stayed here with a friend for another friend's wedding in mid July. The staff was outstanding (even running over to the neighboring Springhill suites to get my friend some Advil). In addition, the room was clean and modern and the bed was *very* comfortable. This hotel is located in a shopping type area - (Walmart, individual stores, Starbucks etc) so it is conveniently located also. They also have a small pool (that we did not use). Overall, a great, comfortable place to stay. There is no view or individualistic charm persay, just good reliable Marriott chain type quality. Definitely recommend if you're in the area and this will do it for you.

Room Tip: I think they are all fairly similar
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

I've stayed here many times, and appreciate the apartment-style amenities. The kitchenette really comes in handy when trying to prepare healthy meals for my son (age 6). The pool is also a plus in warmer months.

Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, staff is helpful and property is close to I-5, Harry & David, and shopping. Complimentary breakfast is solid if somewhat limited (continental-style).

A nice option in Medford.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend and had our 1-year old with us. The staff was very friendly, including housekeeping, breakfast lady, front desk, and others. The room was very clean and nice. All my special requests were granted and I felt like it was a wonderful stay. We would definitely stay here again.

Breakfast was the basic hard-boiled eggs, milk, cereal, oatmeal, and fruit. The pool was a nice size, but the weather was cool so we only used it once. For 2 nights the room was quiet, but one of the nights people checked in next door around 2am and had loud footsteps for an hour. Not sound proof, but overall pretty good in terms of sound considering that we had a room that had nobody else surrounding us on 3 sides.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family