“Unclean Bathbtubs and Cursing Housekeeper”
Review of Rogue Regency Inn

Rogue Regency Inn
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Crescent City, California
“Unclean Bathbtubs and Cursing Housekeeper”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed here with a group of friends and of course expecting the best.. was very disappoined in the cleanliness of the room. The tub was not clean, there was residue of some sort left. There was hair on the bathroom floor and toilet, coffee stains on the counters, and stains on the bed skirts. My friends who stayed in a seperate room also had some complaints. Such as: The sheets were not clean and their tub also had residue left in it. The card that was left in my room had the name Janice on it, which I will also add that she was in fact VERY rude. Also my friends had heard and seen a housekeeper cursing in the hallway while walking down to breakfast. She apparently was a taller bigger blonde lady with tattoos.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Brady G, Director of Sales at Rogue Regency Inn, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Guest,
We're very troubled to hear about the problems during your recent stay. This is obviously a far cry for the type experience we want so much for our customers to enjoy. Our employees (or in your case, almost all of our employees) love to see the smiles on our satisfied customers faces during and after a pleasant stay. We truly apologize for failing in that goal with you. If you'd like, and when you have the time, we'd love to talk with you about some of these issues. Just call the hotel (541.770.1234) and ask to speak with Brady.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed at the Rogue once before when traveling to California. That visit was June of this year. We stayed in a nice room on the top floor. It was clean and the decor was outdated but it was an okay room. I also found the Sports bar to be very welcoming. Now I was passing through once again and got put in a basement room. What a nightmare. The room was dusty, the window was at ground level and dirty. The walls were dirty. There were hand prints on the bathroom door. There was a recliner in the room. Weird??!! It looked like someone just left their Lazy Boy in the middle of a bad room along with a very random floor lamp just hanging out in the room. I was just there to crash for the night but it was creepy nothing like the rooms upstairs.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Brady G, Director of Sales at Rogue Regency Inn, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Journeyman52, thank you for your comments. As a business, we understand the need to continually improve the way our customers perceive us, and your input will be put to immediate use. We'd also like to apologize for the conditions you'd experienced during your most recent stay. Our main goals are always customer service and cleanliness...it's clear we didn't meet those standards this time. If you'd like, and when you have the time, we'd love to speak with you about these issues. Just call the hotel (541.770.1234) and ask to speak with Brady. Again, thank you for your time and we hope to talk with you soon.
Redding, California
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My biggest complaint would probably be the pillows. I am so sick of hotels buying crappy pillows. Let me say this to management, buy one and try it yourself for a night before putting them in the rooms. It is almost 2014 and way passed the time for HD cable in the rooms. Also, replace the air conditioners. They are old and can't keep up with the hot summers. My room didn't cool down until the early morning hours. So needless to say, I didn't sleep well.

There are so many hotels in Medford, each one has one chance with me. For the last 3 years I have visited Medford every couple weeks for work. I decided to give this hotel a try, but I wont be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Medford hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I thought from the reviews I saw that this place would be on par with a Doubletree, more than a Hampton Inn, but I found it was more like the latter. Lights and fixtures are all a little dated, but the place was clean and the staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
White City, Oregon
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our room was very dirty with white splatters on almost everything in the room including remote. Nightstand was covered in stickiness from a spilt drink by the previous guest. Towels were stained and so were the sheets. Felt like there were things crawling on me because it was so unclean.

The noise was another story. The comedy show let around midnight and all the drunks going back to their rooms were very loud. Basement level was not good because you heard everyone rolling their suitcases by your room and what sounded like elephants up above. Overall I would never recommend this place to my friends or family.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Brady G, Director of Sales at Rogue Regency Inn, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear travelerf4496bv, we're truly disappointed to hear about your recent stay with us. Our housekeeping managers and staff take great pride in the cleanliness of our Inn. We'll use your feedback to help retrain certain employees and insure these types of things won't happen again. We understand you have many choices in this area for your lodging needs and it's our goal as a business to have every guest check out satisfied and happy with their purchase...obviously that's not the case here. If you feel inclined, we'd love to discuss this further with you. Just call the hotel (541.770.1234) and ask to speak with Brady. Thank you so much for the feedback and we hope to speak with you soon.
Coos Bay, Oregon
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Okay let me start by saying I was pretty overall satisfied with my stay! The staff for the hotel where very nice and accommodating. The room we stayed in was actually a handicap room, and it was very nice and comfortable, a little bit dated but very clean and both the bed AND pillows were very comfy! They even give you an extra one in the closet area!! The only issue we had in the room was the heater didn't work, and also if the person in the room were in fact actually handicapped, there is no way they would be able to get to or maneuver the heater. But the maintenance staff was very nice and diligent in finding a way to have the heater turned on for us!

Okay, onto the restaurant, the 'breakfast' included is actually a little coupon that says you can get a breakfast item on the menu for a discount of 4.99. So you actually pay five bucks for breakfast, but it's a large meal and comes with a drink! However, while I understood this, there were at least three other people in there who felt it was misleading and thought they were owed a free breakfast. The waitress did a terribly poor job explaining this to them and instead of helping them understand, she went on to say how stupid the vouchers were and they should just get rid of them etc., etc.
This was the same waitress we had, and she was INCREDIBLY unfriendly, and we sat in a booth and waited 25 minutes after having our order taken before we got our food.

Overall though, the stay at the hotel was a good experience. The restaurant not so much. I would probably stay here again, but for the price I really think I could have stayed somewhere a little nicer that included a nice breakfast.

Stayed October 2013
Brookings, Oregon
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Queen suite was spacious & comfortable. Linens were clean & plentiful. Staff was friendly & courteous. Adjacent restaurant was nice. Park & ride option to the airport is a good option to typical airport parking.

• Stayed October 2013