“Won't make that mistake again...”
Review of Rogue Regency Inn

Rogue Regency Inn
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Medford
“Won't make that mistake again...”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

First off let's just say I didn't look at TripAdvisor before making the reservations as I had been here before on my honeymoon 6 years ago. I should have. At first look the hotel is nice, don't look too close though as everything you need to touch (in my room anyway) was broken- toilet handle, showerhead, heater controls, doorstops. My one year old was walking around with a screw in his hand. There was a cigarette behind the tv stand in a no smoking room. My husband even cut his foot on the bottom of the air conditioner which was so loud it kept us up all night. We even received a noise complaint after being in our room after dinner for less than 5 minutes. I have a 1 and a 4 year old which I advised the front desk staff upon check-in. The kids werent even being loud...just walking around...my one year old kind of "toddles" when he walks. The staff is very nice but the rooms were way below my expectations. They could definitely be updated. We checked in for two nights but left after the first day and went to the best western horizon inn, that place was wonderful. I saw that it was rated number 2 on Tripadvisor now I know ,always, always check TripAdvisor first.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nicole E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Room had some dated furnishings but was clean, Staff was great. Chadwick pub had a comedy show that was a perfect way to wind down after a day of traveling. The bar food from the adjoined regency grill was good. But the breakfast at the Regency Grill was bad, food was served cold, and the waitress was not friendly at all. I will stay at the rogue regency again that is for sure but will skip Breakfast at the Regency Grill, and walk across the street to Withams

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from upstairs neighbors
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JTSmith27
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Rogue Regency INN & Suites Beautiful..Quite,immaculate! 4th floor Room 404 Greeted by Alisha amazing staff. Loved our room, spotless, big, clean,Virginia H K amazing! Restaurant incredible! 2 miles from the airport, great location. Incredible stay,staff is simply amazing in every way! You will not be disappointed!
Thank You! Wayne & Jeanette S.
Funeral

Room Tip: 4 th FL QUITE...Room 404 Huge, clean,wonderful! or Presidential suite! Jacuzzi for two. Gorgeous,rom...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wsjs S
Coos Bay, Oregon
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed at the Rogue Regency the nite of 3/19/14 alone. The place is well located for most of the town of Medford, and especially the airport. The rooms are kept clean. But there's only so much they can do with what they have. The carpets are at the end of their life-span. The bathrooms are decently clean. The towels and wash cloths are clean and soft... NOT over starched. (Thank god.... or I'd be out-a there.) The beds are firm and have good pillows. The fridge's suck. They are not cold. The rooms are decently insulated from sound... but you will hear alarm clocks going off next door. At 4am, this is a real nuisance. There is no in-room safe. The amenities offered are above average. You have a styling salon, a massage salon, ironing board&iron, complementary shampoo/conditioner, a table w/chairs, a work desk, coffee machine, sink, microwave, Dresser, open faced closet, A/C&heating, internet access, Big TV's (but the channel list provided was off by a lot), a large sports bar, and comfortable lobby seating with fireplaces. The Sports bar (Chadwick's) has a good menu selection and acceptable prices. The Smoked Salmon Chowder in a Bread Bowl was quite good. The burgers are large and flavorful, and the Thai wrap is good too. Parking is good. DO NOT place magnetic door key against your cell phone. It'll wipe out the magnetic key. The staff is friendly. All in all the place is a bit dated and I think a bit over priced. I've seen cheaper motels that were cleaner... but they did not have even half the amenities that this place does. So it's all a trade off. The amenities make it worth it.

Room Tip: Get a high numbered room to place you near the ice machine and away from hallway traffic.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TimSrite
Brookings, Oregon
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

First thing I noticed were the filthy floors, all over the hotel, and there were toenail clippings in my room.
I paid extra to upgrade floors because I am a quite freak. I was given a room on the 4th floor right across from housekeeping. I immediately noticed the extra noise from dishes clanging and door slamming. I called to request a different room and was told no cuz they were full (the parking lot was empty the whole time I was there tho?).
The king size mattress had seen better days, pretty lumpy now.
On a positive note..... I had the best prime rib dinner of my life from the on site restaurant.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Carmel, California
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. Carpets were dirty and extremely outdated furniture and bedding. Room smelt musty and upon further inspection there was mold under the sink. We moved rooms. Staff seemed friendly. Rooms should be $40/night. Not $100. Unbelievable they can get away with charging that much and having a room with mold. Would NEVER stay there again. And would recommend sleeping in your car over staying there.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sara M

Travellers are raving about these Medford hotels

Estacada, Oregon
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Since this was a quick overnight trip for business I was just needing a hotel room to stay. What a great place. My room was spacious and the bed was very comfy. I appreciated having free Wi-Fi as well as a restaurant within the hotel. I will rate the restaurant separately, but it was just as good. This hotel is close to the airport, which is convenient. The staff are very friendly upon entering the hotel. I did not use the pool, but I did take advantage of the fitness center. It is small, but just the right size, and all the equipment was in working order. Plus the fitness center was kept clean. Fred Meyers was right across the highway which was nice because I needed to pick up a few things. This hotel is close to the highway, but not so close that the traffic is a distraction. I slept very well, which is not something that always occurs when I stay in hotels. I highly recommend staying at this hotel, worth the price.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor which is the same level as the office and restaurant.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business