“Nice room, HORRENDOUS night staff!”
Review of Rogue Regency Inn

Rogue Regency Inn
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Where to start... I just got back from a trip to Ashland, Oregon for a college reunion and stayed one night at this hotel due to our late flight to Medford. My husband, 11 month old daughter and I arrived in Medford at midnight and immediately called the hotel for the shuttle as soon as the bags started to spin around at baggage claim. The woman at the hotel's front desk asked my husband if our bags were in hand and he told her they weren't but would be shortly (not many people on our flight). We wanted to get to bed ASAP because our daughter was exhausted. She then proceeded to tell him to call back when our bags were in hand. He was a bit shocked.

So, 5 minutes later...our bags were in hand. He called her back and she said the shuttle was on the way. We walked outside to catch our shuttle and ended up waiting 10 minutes with our very tired and grumpy baby. The shuttle driver pulled up and never said one word to us.

We arrived at our hotel in 5 minutes (um...what the heck was the wait before??) and there was a note on the front desk that read "Currently away, but will be back shortly. Thank you for your patience". SHE KNEW WE WERE COMING! Soooo...another 10 minutes went by and she finally showed up at the front desk with a grimace.

I had paid for our room ahead of time using Priceline, but she still wanted my credit card for incidentals. She wrote down my credit card number on a piece of paper (which I thought was odd) and continued to process my card. She gave us our room key and told us where to go. As we were drearily walking to the elevator, she SCREAMED out (mind you...more people showed up to check in at this time) "Your credit card has been declined" across the lobby". Now...I knew this was impossible because I rarely used this card and it had a very large available balance. I told her this and she treated me like a criminal...at 1am in the morning...with my tired baby...in front of other guests. I told her that I wanted to call my credit card company. She pushed me to the side to use the phone as she checked in the other people. After checking my balance (which was good, just as I had thought), she said very quietly, "Oh...the computer is working now. Your credit card went through. Sometimes that happens late at night". Okay...if that happens, then why did you SCREAM at me earlier?!?!

I was extremely irritated and tired, but was happy to see that our room was comfy and clean when we finally got to our room.

Overall, if you can avoid the night staff...then I would recommend this place in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank KWowza
There are newer reviews for Rogue Regency Inn

Reviewed 31 August 2009

It's fascinating to read some of the reviews on here, and see the different perceptions and expectations. I found this hotel to be better than most hotels in the Medford area. I was born and raised here, (but moved away about 10 years ago), and can remember Rogue Regency in it's "heyday".
Medford is not known for it's "upscale" hotels, (like you would find in Los Angeles or New York), however, this hotel does a great job at meeting the needs of it's customers.
Upon checking in, the clerk noticed that our room was next to the ice machine, and immediatly cosulted her supervisor to have the room reassigned to a better location. (She claimed that the computer "auto assigned" the room).
We had our teenage daughter with us, and requested two queen beds. The room was large, and the beds were very comfortable. When we got to the room, the AC was already running, and had the room cooled down. (which is good, since it was 100 degrees in Medford that day)
The breakfast the next day was on the light side (muffin, fruit cup), and we ended up ordering from the kitchen. Since we didn't use the free breakfast, they gave us 20% off our total.
I ws able to connect to the free internet with very little effort, and never had a problem keeping a connection.
The only real downside was the water pressure in the shower. I'm not sure why, but it was more of a "drizzle" than a shower.
All in all, the hotel is one of the better ones left out there. Staff was great, and responsive to all of my requests.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2009

I had to come up to Medford to bring my daughter to visit family and I booked reservations at Rogue Regency online and they gave me a room down in basement which gave me the creeps. The next morning when I ordered room service- because before I went I prepaid everything including room service for the entire 8 days I was to stay there- I was insulted by the staff lady that came in to bring me the food. I was so offended I wanted to leave and change hotels but I couldnt because as soon as I called front desk asking to leave they turned my phone off, plus they didnt have a phone book in my room. Then when I finally used my own phone after it was charged I found a different hotel to leave then the head manager called that same hotel and told them not to serve me. I was degraded, insulted, and basically my rights were violated. It ruined basically what was supposed to be my spring break. I was forced to stay at Super 8 because the head manager called every place on that street and lied about me. I stay at Marriott and Fairmont hotels and all sorts of other awesome hotels all the time because I travel allot and for the same price and never ever was treated this way. I was barely there at Rogue Regency and was treated like dog crap for the same amount of money you'd pay for any of those places! It was so bad I wanted to sue. If I wasn't such a person to let things go and forgive I would have sued! Don't ever stay there, especially if you are alone and pretty and young! You would be better off staying at Super 8 Hotel for wayyyy less the price, way better service and an awesome pool and hot tub. Actually, I was very impressed with that Super 8 hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2008

Stayed one night for business. Reserved a King Mini-suite and was disappointed to find my room on the basement level with a window halfway below ground. The view was the bumper of some car in the parking lot - I'm not kidding!!! The car was three feet from my window and when the owner started the car and drove away, my room smelled like exhaust fumes. Even worse, when the car returned late at night, the headlines alomost burned out my retinas!

The bed wasn't great and the room was far from anything special.

The only bright spot was the room service - food was fantastic and service was prompt. Staff at the front desk was helpful and very polite.

I would probably stay there again for business since the food was good and the price was right - just won't be expecting the advertised "suite" to be anything of the sort.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank Autzenduck
Reviewed 19 July 2008

We spent several days in Medford-Ashland-Jacksonville area and chose to stay here after reading many reviews. But my disappointment began as soon as we entered our room and saw we were given a room with 2 queens instead of the 1 king bed that I had booked on-line. I went down to the lobby and complained, only to be told that they were out of rooms with a king bed and there was nothing that could be done. I was very unhappy--either they switched our reservation without notifying us or they over-booked. Either is unacceptable.

The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was attentive. Since we spent very little time in the room, it was adequate for our needs, with comfortable bedding and fluffy towels.

However, the continental breakfast was not what I expected. Coffee, juice, melon (some unripe), and various muffins and breads was all that was offered, more what you would expect at budget motels. For such a large number of guests, the space for the breakfast was inadequate--a hallway with tables in window nooks. Some guests had to take their food elsewhere because of the lack of space.

The feeling I took away from this experience was that this place is not as up-scale as management would have you think, considering the price. The pool, hot tub, and work-out area were okay, but small and again what one would see at budget motels.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cricketjb
Reviewed 12 July 2008

Our family stayed at this hotel for a week and we weren't very impressed.
The bad: First, finding the way into the parking lot was a major chore in the dark. They could REALLY mark it better coming from the north. Then when we went into our room it was humid, smelled bad, and the decor screamed 80's. I needed to hook my fax machine up in the room and was told that there's no direct line that people can call to fax to us, plus the maintenance man who was sent up to help us didn't know anything at all about setting up fax machines to the data port or how it worked at all. When we went to take a shower we found the shower head was set at a very low level (hit my husband at his chest) and the height adjustment knob was broken off, plus there was a lot of hard water buildup in the shower head so the water sprayed out in all directions making it very hard for me to rinse out my hair. We were traveling with a 3 year old and were told that it would cost an extra $20 a night to get a roll away bed for him - which may be an average fee, but since we were staying there for seven nights we thought they might give us a discount of some kind, which they didn't. We also found that the face plates were either breaking off of or already missing from three of the electrical outlets in our room - a major hazard with kids - but when we told the front desk they didn't seem too concerned. I also didn't appreciate that each time my child turned on the tv, by the time it warmed up enough for the picture to come on and the sound kicked in, a commercial was playing for "adult entertainment" with a couple pictures that I did NOT want my child to see.
The good: what can I say? There was a friendly employee there who helped us as find the pool (not located on hotel map in our room). The mattress had a pillowtop on it so it was pretty comfy. There were three chairs and two tables in the room, so plenty of space for the three of us to spread out. The pool/spa/workout room were fairly nice, and we spent a lot of time in them. The free continental breakfast included coffee, tea, and juice to drink, with melon, bagels, and muffins (I wasn't too impressed as it was the same exact thing each morning, and I missed the "deluxe" breakfast other hotels have with waffles, an assortment of fruit, milk, yogurt, and other items).
All in all, we were glad that we were staying there on a business trip and not paying for it ourselves. This hotel definitely won't be our first choice the next time we go to Medford.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank travisncharity
Reviewed 7 July 2008

Put my folks up in a charming suite for four nights. They loved the attractive, spacious room; the food on offer in the restaurant; the central location, and warm, welcoming, hospitable staff --- especially the gracious front office manager, Sandee McNamee.

My father had a harrowing health scare while they were there and ended up in the hospital overnight. My mother, who doesn't drive, was cared for by Ms. McNamee and her staff like family. They drove her to and from the hospital --- and collected my father upon his release.

How fortunate for us that we discovered a hotel that understands how to extend their hospitality all the way to England, where I live.

The Rogue Regency Inn & Suite is the only place our family will consider staying when in the Medford area.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple