Rodeway Inn Medford(Medford)(Great Value!)
US$116
RodewayInn
US$220
Hampton.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Medford)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$110
US$224
US$198
BestWestern.com
All reviewsred lionlarks restaurantanytime fitnesspotatoesreal eggsnice balconymorning buffetriver viewhotel restaurantdowntown medfordonsite restaurantthe ground floorhot breakfastmusic festivalrooms are comfortablefree breakfastbagels
Reviewed 20 February 2014

If possible, I'd rate this place a 3.5.

Service was good, I was checked in quickly, and our free car service to the airport was fast as well.

Value was also good, the price ended up being very fair.

Rooms are nice, pretty basic, but clean. You can tell they are updating the place. In fact, some of the rooms were closed for renovations. Sleep quality was fine, pretty quiet, with decent beds.

Location is within walking distance to downtown and a very short drive to the airport (less than 10 minutes) and that's exactly what we were looking for.

Overall, a slightly above average hotel that looks like will be even better in time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank flexabull
Reviewed 30 January 2014

On my annual Vancouver to Palm Springs power drive, it was a treat to stay here after 10 hours on the road.
Here is what I liked:.
1) parked my car at my room door
2) very comfy bed with nice linen and a clean room
3) good shower with rain nozzle
4) fridge and microwave
5) ate at Larks restaurant, located off the lobby and the menu offers a wide variety of interesting choices and everything sounded delicious!! Best burger ever.
6) walked to the old down town (after sunset) and felt safe
7) LG flat screen TV but not HD
8) no bad smells anywhere
9) the breakfast (included) cheesy scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, real potatoes plus lots more was delicious

The $78 (tax in) includes a full breakfast. I highly recommend this stopover and will stay here again next year.

Room Tip: I was in room 143 and it was quiet even though the free-way is very close. Also had good ventilation.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lindaoutandabout
Reviewed 24 December 2013

This is an older Red Lion and is in the throes of being remodeled by it's new owners. It appears only the rear building along the "river" is open for occupants and I had a decent room with a comfortable bed (not my tempurpedic) but quite comfortable, an older tube TV but almost on demand hot water. My only complaint about the room itself was the air movement or lack of it. Once you take a shower, it's hard to get rid of the moist air without opening the doors. If you plan on walking up to the main building (restaurant) be aware it's "up." If you are elderly or handicapped, you will want to drive. One reason I choose the hotel was it's restaurant - however, it has been updated and I'm sure very nice, but the new menu (they just had their grand opening) is much too esoteric for my taste and dietary restrictions, so that was a big disappointment for me. I don't know who they are planning on attracting with this menu - they might be better served waiting until the remodeling is complete as I just don't see that working for them as things are. They do offer a free breakfast which had a nice variety - and was quite decent with either hot or cold foods. Above all the staff was truly nice and seemed very accomodating. If they came up with a more "normal" menu, I'd try them again - especially at the current price point.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank faeriegrandma
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I've stayed at the Red Lion Medford in the past but in August this place changed to Inn @ the Commons. I picked it because of the price, free shuttle and that it is close to a movie theater. I didn't expect it to be nice but found the room to be upgraded with big screen TV, lots of space and practical usable room with refrigerator, microwave and balcony. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I enjoyed a hot yet simple breakfast. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a remodeled room as some rooms haven't yet been converted.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SunriverOregon
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Yes, it's Medford and "downtown" choices are slim, So, Inn at the Commons is likely as good as it gets. It's a dated motor inn, with 70's decor and colors. Nothing's terribly wrong with the place, it's rather drab and tired overall. My tv remote was broken (at least it was lcd, some rooms still have tube tv's!) so I had to manually turn it on. Yes, I could have called the front desk to have them deal with it but it didn't seem worth it. The bed was too soft for me but linens were fresh. The free breakfast buffet was a nice touch and the staff is friendly, overall. But I would never choose this place again--it was a little scuzzy.

If you have a car stay at the Fairfield Suites by the Fred Meyer, a far better value, overall. Downtown has little to offer anyway and Fairfield is clean and modern, a far cry from Inn at the Commons.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business