Inn at the Commons
Rodeway Inn Medford(Medford)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$135
US$143
Official Hotel
US$136
Tiki Lodge Motel(Medford)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$85
US$83
Best Western Horizon Inn(Medford)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$115
BestWestern.com
All reviewsred lionpotatoesreal eggsnice balconyhawthorne parkmorning buffetriver viewhotel restaurantdowntown medfordonsite restaurantthe ground floorhot breakfastrooms are comfortablemusic festivalfree breakfastwould stay here againbagels
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

It doesn't look like much from the outside, and the priced are pretty low, but both times now that I've stayed at this hotel, I was impressed. I've only stayed one night both times (and never tried the food due to my fiancé's dietary restrictions which make many things difficult and hotel continental breakfasts basically impossible)...however, I'm guessing that staying longer would also be pleasant.
There's no conditioner provided, so bring your own. The shampoo and soap are very nice and smell quite good, though. And the color scheme of the shower in our room was somehow very calming. I also appreciate that they had glass water glasses and ceramic mugs rather than plastic and paper.
The staff is very friendly. We stopped there for a night after driving for 5 hours from California, and when the desk clerk saw my Washington ID she upgraded us from the Queen that we booked to a King because she wanted us to be able to relax more easily.
Anyway, I highly recommend this for anyone traveling through southern Oregon.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

As I arrived at the Inn my heart sank. From the outside it looks like a low rent motel however that is not the case once inside.

I was made to feel very welcome in the lobby which is large and bright.

The rooms have balconies and inside are clean, comfortable and well equipped. I had a great night's sleep.

Outside there is a pool and an seating area if the weather is nice -not something you would expect at this kind of establishment.

An unusual feature is the hotel restaurant. It's not run by the hotel but leased out to a local chef. The food is upscale local, fresh and seasonal. Do try it if you stay.

The hotel breakfast was not provided by the chef and was typical for this type of hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank adsk
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have stayed here many times before when it was Red Lyon. We were attending the Medford Cruise June 14, 2014. We stayed for 2 nights. I had read some of the reviews about the Inn At The Commons and thought, lets give this a try. I loved all the updates. The rooms look fantastic, the beds are very comfortable. The pillows are OK, they give you a lot of them--6 small pillows for a King Bed. I am picky about my pillows, and I would have liked 4 nice King sized pillows--I sometimes bring my own pillow because I am picky about pillows. The carpet is excellent and a well done. They now have all new Flat Screen TV's. We did not use the Wifi, I like a secure network so I used my Verizon on my iPad instead. They were very busy--Father's Day weekend, but our room was ready early and I appreciated that. The rooms were exceptionally clean!

It was such a nice surprise to see how well everything turned out. The Front Desk Staff are extremely helpful, kind and always greet you with a smile! The breakfast in the morning is great and they have a nice selection for breakfast. There are also places to eat if you want to walk to them. We would stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: We stayed on the Creek Side and has a nice view of Hawthorne Park--those rooms are quitter I feel. If you stay on the 2nd floor you have a little better view. There are also rooms around the Swimming Pool, so it just depends on what kind of view you want. They have lots of parking for your car too.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days for an event being held at the hotel. Overall, the experience was very good. The room rates are very reasonable, staff is friendly and helpful, and the restaurant is excellent. The big downside is the layout and location of the property. Most of the rooms are located in two buildings that are separated from the main one. Our room (which was quite nice inside) required a walk across a parking lot that looked quite a bit like a prison yard to get to the lobby. The outside décor of the buildings is pretty depressing and there is not a stick of landscaping to make it more welcoming. Additionally, the rooms in the rear "creekside" building open onto the underside of a freeway overpass. The noise actually wasn't bad but it's not exactly scenic. Once we got used to the slightly industrial outside experience, the Inn actually worked well for us as a base.

Room Tip: Try for a room by the pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Talentimo
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I know they are in the process of renovating and upgrading the hotel. Our *first* room was on the ground floor. When we walked in, it smelled like a litter box, so we decided to open the door (no screen) and hoped that would work. We had to go out and turned on the air hoping that would help. When we returned later, the room smelled even worse. In the morning we were moved upstairs and while this room did not smell quite as bad, it definitely had an odor. I asked the front desk about it and he said it must be from the old air conditioners. For the next two days, I imagined the moldy (and it smelled of old mold) air filtering through us. The bathroom shower/tub had black mold on the tiles. Staff was great - but the hotel and the cleanliness just did not feel good. I suppose you get what you pay for. I wish the patio doors had screens, it would have been nice to air the room out. We were there for a business trip, but if you are there with KIDS -- they will have fun. If you are not there with kids, it is KID LOUD up until when the pool closes at 10pm - but that is not a bad thing. Kids are having fun. The beds are COMFY!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business