“Nice motel in the downtown part of the city.”
Review of Inn at the Commons

Inn at the Commons
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were skeptical of this hotel in the beginning, but a pleasant surprise. Room is very good, sleep quality is nice. I requested a room away from freeway few days before our arrival because my wife is a light sleeper, and the staff didn't dissappoint me. Nice breakfast, good location. Not a bad hotel if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms are good and sound proof even though it is close to freeway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Inn at the Commons

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great staff but beds need update, we stayed for 5 nights and only one morning they had orange juice at breakfast. We were a large group and they still closed the place to eat early, we went to happy 3 small potato croquets for $7.00 very expensive happy hour.
They are trying but not there yet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were traveling North and picked a town at the approximate right distance - Medford. We looked for a reasonably priced hotel and found this. What a surprise! The room was comfortably adequate having recently been refurbished. The bed wonderful and the bathroom large - what can we say more! But the big surprise was the restaurant, Larks. This made the night. Great service, great food - we will be back. The whole package was so great and really worth the cost. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The restaurant, Larks, make this a perfect combination!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JBee_8
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Another Softball tournament brought us to the Inn at The Commons for our second stay. Previously it was the Red Lion. This hotel does not impress at first glance but don't let looks deceive you. It may look like a motel but it's a great place to stay. Our room was clean, quiet, and the bed was comfortable. The rooms are decent size and I like that they have a vanity both in the bathroom and outside of it. Rooms have been updated since our last stay. Nice clean soft carpet, flat screen tv on the wall, microwave and fridge. Free Wi fi works great. Balcony view of creek a plus. The main doors need to be oiled and sealed as they are very squeaky and you can see a gap around the door seal. We had the continental breakfast one day and it was great. Bacon, sausage, real eggs, potatoes, and the other usual breakfast items. It was well kept and well stocked. The kids loved the outside pool as Medford is hot this time of year. This will be our go to hotel in Medford. Great value for the money.

Room Tip: Upper level if you don't mind stairs are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

It doesn't look like much from the outside, and the priced are pretty low, but both times now that I've stayed at this hotel, I was impressed. I've only stayed one night both times (and never tried the food due to my fiancé's dietary restrictions which make many things difficult and hotel continental breakfasts basically impossible)...however, I'm guessing that staying longer would also be pleasant.
There's no conditioner provided, so bring your own. The shampoo and soap are very nice and smell quite good, though. And the color scheme of the shower in our room was somehow very calming. I also appreciate that they had glass water glasses and ceramic mugs rather than plastic and paper.
The staff is very friendly. We stopped there for a night after driving for 5 hours from California, and when the desk clerk saw my Washington ID she upgraded us from the Queen that we booked to a King because she wanted us to be able to relax more easily.
Anyway, I highly recommend this for anyone traveling through southern Oregon.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

As I arrived at the Inn my heart sank. From the outside it looks like a low rent motel however that is not the case once inside.

I was made to feel very welcome in the lobby which is large and bright.

The rooms have balconies and inside are clean, comfortable and well equipped. I had a great night's sleep.

Outside there is a pool and an seating area if the weather is nice -not something you would expect at this kind of establishment.

An unusual feature is the hotel restaurant. It's not run by the hotel but leased out to a local chef. The food is upscale local, fresh and seasonal. Do try it if you stay.

The hotel breakfast was not provided by the chef and was typical for this type of hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank adsk
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have stayed here many times before when it was Red Lyon. We were attending the Medford Cruise June 14, 2014. We stayed for 2 nights. I had read some of the reviews about the Inn At The Commons and thought, lets give this a try. I loved all the updates. The rooms look fantastic, the beds are very comfortable. The pillows are OK, they give you a lot of them--6 small pillows for a King Bed. I am picky about my pillows, and I would have liked 4 nice King sized pillows--I sometimes bring my own pillow because I am picky about pillows. The carpet is excellent and a well done. They now have all new Flat Screen TV's. We did not use the Wifi, I like a secure network so I used my Verizon on my iPad instead. They were very busy--Father's Day weekend, but our room was ready early and I appreciated that. The rooms were exceptionally clean!

It was such a nice surprise to see how well everything turned out. The Front Desk Staff are extremely helpful, kind and always greet you with a smile! The breakfast in the morning is great and they have a nice selection for breakfast. There are also places to eat if you want to walk to them. We would stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: We stayed on the Creek Side and has a nice view of Hawthorne Park--those rooms are quitter I feel...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends