“Don't have a clue...”
Review of Inn at the Commons

Inn at the Commons
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I'm going to try really hard to give this hotel a fair review, but my experience was terrible! Customer service is not in their vocabulary! As my 'title' suggests - they really don't have a clue! After checking in, we proceeded to our room in the back of the hotel. Right from the start, our room cards gave us trouble. The first day, I had to go back to the office to have our cards 'swiped' again by the front desk, as they eventually got worse and wouldn't let us get back into our room. The second (and last day) of our stay, we went to Crater Lake and again, had trouble getting into our room, so we called and they sent a maintenance man to our room. He actually made 3 trips to our room, changing the whole lock mechanism of the door. He then 'swiped' our new cards on some mobile device and told us, straight-faced, that we wouldn't have any further troubles. We went out to dinner with friends and upon our return, our cards didn't let us in our room, so, in the dark, with my wife and 4-year-old waiting, I had to go back to the front desk and was told I was checked out and they had tried to give our room to someone else! I showed them our Expedia paperwork and they re-entered us into the system, but then charged us for a rollaway bed I had been given (on our original booking) free of charge! We came home a week later and they had left a message on our answering machine asking why our luggage was still in the room! DO NOT STAY AT THE INN AT THE COMMONS!!!

Room Tip: I strongly recommend staying elsewhere - it's not even in a nice neighborhood.
5  Thank John D

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I called the Inn three days prior to check in date of July 21 and reserved a room with Marcos(later I was told was a supervisor) discussed how we required a room downstairs, close to main lobby due to my husband's unable to climb stairs and walk long distances. Marcus seem to understand all our request and comfirmed our three day stay. We arrived at 3 pm I and was told no notes were written in regards to my request and they don't guaranteed rooms and the only room available was on the second floor way in the back of the complex. I told her I made a reservation and usually that's a guarantee for a room as per your request. Tired from a 5 hour drive and staff not showing any kind of remedy I accepted the key walk outside called Quality Inn and Suites and booked a room. I walked back on to Inn At The Commons told them to cancel my stay I booked my stay at another hotel and guess what a room as per I originally requested appeared to now be available. A reservation at the In At The Commons does not guarantee you a room.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Susan B
Chris A, General Manager at Inn at the Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Inn at the Commons with us. It's always disappointing to hear when a valued guest feels that the property - and in particular, the service – was not satisfactory. We are keenly aware we need to maintain a high level of service to ensure that we keep customers, such as you, coming back.

Your review has been shared with our front desk team and I would like to ensure that you feel comfortable returning to our hotel in the future, not to mention confident that you will get a room that satisfies your needs. I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you personally. Please feel free to contact me via phone or email at your convenience.

Thank you once again for your candid feedback. We hope to welcome you back to Inn at the Commons in the future.

Chris Anderson
(541) 774-4701
chris.anderson@neumanhotelgroup.com

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here a few times when it was a red lion and it was not great. It is amazing how much better it is now. Remodeled rooms, friendly staff, reasonable rates, better than average free breakfast, fast free wifi and dog friendly. This will be our go to spot from now on when we are passing through. Friendly boutique hotel vibe.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Josh M
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were skeptical of this hotel in the beginning, but a pleasant surprise. Room is very good, sleep quality is nice. I requested a room away from freeway few days before our arrival because my wife is a light sleeper, and the staff didn't dissappoint me. Nice breakfast, good location. Not a bad hotel if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms are good and sound proof even though it is close to freeway.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great staff but beds need update, we stayed for 5 nights and only one morning they had orange juice at breakfast. We were a large group and they still closed the place to eat early, we went to happy 3 small potato croquets for $7.00 very expensive happy hour.
They are trying but not there yet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were traveling North and picked a town at the approximate right distance - Medford. We looked for a reasonably priced hotel and found this. What a surprise! The room was comfortably adequate having recently been refurbished. The bed wonderful and the bathroom large - what can we say more! But the big surprise was the restaurant, Larks. This made the night. Great service, great food - we will be back. The whole package was so great and really worth the cost. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The restaurant, Larks, make this a perfect combination!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JBee_8
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Another Softball tournament brought us to the Inn at The Commons for our second stay. Previously it was the Red Lion. This hotel does not impress at first glance but don't let looks deceive you. It may look like a motel but it's a great place to stay. Our room was clean, quiet, and the bed was comfortable. The rooms are decent size and I like that they have a vanity both in the bathroom and outside of it. Rooms have been updated since our last stay. Nice clean soft carpet, flat screen tv on the wall, microwave and fridge. Free Wi fi works great. Balcony view of creek a plus. The main doors need to be oiled and sealed as they are very squeaky and you can see a gap around the door seal. We had the continental breakfast one day and it was great. Bacon, sausage, real eggs, potatoes, and the other usual breakfast items. It was well kept and well stocked. The kids loved the outside pool as Medford is hot this time of year. This will be our go to hotel in Medford. Great value for the money.

Room Tip: Upper level if you don't mind stairs are quieter.