“Honest, Hardworking Staff”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I am not a fan of budget hotels, but when traveling for three months, as I did this past spring, with family in tow, we did our share of budget lodging.

My parents like this place and have stayed here frequently. Unfortunately, I had a bad reaction to the cleaning chemicals they use. This coupled with the fact we had to move my mother from two different rooms, because of the smell, would normally be more than enough to put me off writing a decent review. In this case, though, there's several good exceptions.

• The staff worked with us to get my mother into a room that didn't smell. It took a couple of moves, but they did it. They were responsive and responsible.

• After we had checked out and paid the bill, they rang us on our mobile to advise that housekeeping had found a camera in my mother's room. It was mum's. We went back and picked it up from reception.

• The location is good, easy in, easy out.

• The price is fair. Nothing fancy, but certainly acceptable for a night or two in Medford.

I just wish they would use less harsh cleaning chemicals.

This said, I am back to book my parents and aunt into rooms for the night. Fortunately, I am doing this from England.

Room Tip: Get there early. View room (inhale) before lugging your stuff up the staircase. I don't believe...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MarshaCoupe
Deborah R, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Quality Inn and Suites of Medford. We apprecite your comments and look f orward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

Loved the location and the hotel - extremely clean, spacious and well furnished. Shower and bath great and bed very firm and comfortable. What made everything all the better was the excellent staff - the front desk manager, whose name I cannot remember, the check-in person (Melissa, I believe) and the unbelievably perky and friendly breakfast staff person - just made everything wonderful. While Medford is usually not a must-go-to place for us - I'm sure we will make it a point to visit again.

The tariff is, in these times, hard to imagine - $79 for all of that.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I booked two rooms, one for myself and my husband and one for my grandmother and mother. My grandmother is in a wheelchair and we had no problems on the second floor thanks to the elevator access. The bathroom was wheelchair accessible and seemed absolutely perfect with a built in handicap seat and extendable shower head. I came with a cat and a service dog and the hotel staff didn't bat an eyelash when they saw them. They even had dog treats at the counter. The breakfast in the morning hit the spot too, the girl restocked everything on the spot and entertained questions from tourists. I was very impressed. Great coffee in the front lobby too. We have to come back through Medford on our way home and we've already booked another two rooms for then.

Room Tip: When you are looking for a room make sure you pay attention to the accessible and no accessible word...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Natigoosepoi

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed here years back when it was Windmill but until mothers day this year had not been back.
Other than the hallway carpets needing to be replaced or stretched due to lumps this place rocked. It may not be new but it is kept up nice and the service was good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Close to the freeway, dog friendly, clean, staff friendly, includes breakfast, for less than $75!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 May 2012

After staying in Ashland a few times I decided to drive the extra 15 minutes north to Medford to save a few bucks. I was not disappointed with my choice or this hotel. Even without a reservation the check-in was a breeze and I got a nice king size bed in a mini-suite (couch, flat screen TV, fridge, coffee maker, microwave, iron and ironing board) on the first floor, just as I requested. Price was only around $70.00, breakfast included. The furnishings in the room were all in good condition, the bed was comfy with lots of pillows and clean, fluffy bedding. Although I didn't use them, this hotel has a fitness room, spa, and pool; overall the place was clean and well-kept. Loads of tourist brochures in the lobby, as well as local papers, free coffee and tea, and fresh apples. The breakfast was not bad, with hard boiled eggs, link sausage, make-your-own waffles, milk, juice, toast, cereals, fruit, coffee, tea. If you stay here, take time to wander the hallways and look at the photos of historic Medford sprinkled around the place. Also, I picked up a $2.00 off coupon at the front desk for the Elmer's restaurant directly in front of the hotel, only steps away from my room. I don't usually eat at chain restaurants but I had a great salmon filet dinner at Elmer's, with a bowl of Ivar's (from Seattle) clam chowder, that came to about $11.00 with the coupon. Easy access off Highway 5, just remember to turn left off the exit road and the hotel is on the left side. If you arrive late, there is a 24 hour Food 4 Less just next door (walk across the parking lot), though the Seoul Garden Korean restaurant sign at the same location advertises a business that has been closed since 2009. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank busanio

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The room seemed adequately sized and it was clean. But the TV selection was quite limited, the pool and sauna were closed because of needed repairs. A busload of teens from a high school sports team dirtied up the breakfast room and ate all the sausages and egg. The attendant didn't replenish the breakfast items for over half an hour. And the waffle iron top and bottom stuck as if the dough contained Elmer's Glue. A heap car parked by the office made us feel uneasy about parking there overnight. I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room--they are much quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

We are sorry to know that you had a disappointing experience but we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback.