“Pleasant Suprise”

Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Vancouver
“Pleasant Suprise”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were looking for an inexpensive place to stay. The hotel exceeded our expectations. Our room was really clean and had a fridge and safe. In fact, our room décor was first rate - much more than expected. Breakfast was included and was palatable - waffles and sausages in addition to more basic fare; the breakfast room was very crowded.

The staff didn't seem overly friendly but any interactions were handled efficiently. Overall, great value for the money; I'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Travellers_8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I had an ADA room. First, the bed was so high, my wife was not able to get into it. She spent the night sleeping in her power chair. Second, the bathtub had metal bars set several inches apart to sit on rather than a bench seat made from wood or plastic. This was not up to ADA standards. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Carol B
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The price was right. I expected Budget, not anything more. And it met my expectations. The only downside there was a dead moth in the tub but I wouldn't suggest there is a moth problem. Bed was comfortable; room was otherwise clean. No noise issues. Breakfast was mostly cold items with the standard waffle maker and link sausages which were maybe the best I ever ate. I would not hesitate to return here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TrekRef
Deborah R, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 August 2014

Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have stayed at this Quality Inn every July for at least the last 5 years. Rooms are always clean, morning breakfast is great, usually quiet ( except for when a herd of kids are running the halls lol). But above all their customer service is outstanding. Every employee I encountered was very helpful, polite and all had a smile on their face.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NLY22

Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed 3 nights while visiting the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland. It was a standard hotel room w/queen bed and fold out couch. The fridge and microwave were welcome additions. The room was clean, bath had been remodeled, and the staff was friendly. The parking lot was over-full due to airport parking on-site - I had to park across the street at another hotel one night. Centrally located for sight seeing and shopping. I had a corner room upstairs and did not experience any loud sounds or disturbances. People were bringing several very large dogs into the hotel, but they did not stay near me so they were not disturbing either.

Room Tip: corner room was quiet - easy access from parking lot
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dudpa

Southside, Alabama
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I am writing this review at 11:22pm on a Monday in late July and the room above sounds like a herd of bulls is locked inside it. I of course went down to the desk clerk to complain and she apparently called the room because it stopped for awhile but then resumed and continues. On the cleanliness side ,the rooms are very clean and smell great. The bathrooms are stocked well and the AC and microwaves and fridges work great. The security is very good ,with outer doors requiring key locks . Another item on the downside is the lack of parking if the place is booked solid. We got here at 5:30pm ,went out to eat and when we returned we had to drive around twice to snag a parking place.Has a guest laundry but only one set of washer/dryer, and when full you have to be Johnny-on-the-spot to slip in your wash. The pool is packed with kids as is the sauna . Overall this is a very clean place , but I wouldn't stay here again unless school is in session.

Room Tip: get a room away from the pool and sauna
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank American_Ilonggo

Fernley, Nevada
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had just experienced a terrible check in experience at the Property that I had made our original reservations on our trip to Medford (see my reviews). I walked back to my car, logged into Trip Advisor and in 5 minutes I book a three day stay at Quality Inn and Suites with all my special requests. I walked back into the original Property and cancelled my reservation. From the time we arrived to our departure at Quality Inn and Suites our stay was great. The front desk staff were always willing to help. The pool was very nice and open until 10 p.m. The free breakfast included waffles, sausage, cereal hot and cold, toast, bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt, hard boil eggs, juice etc. Hot coffee is available in the lobby at all times. Our room had a microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot and was very clean. Pizza Hut and Elmer's Restaurant are located right in front of the Property. Not only did this property save our vacation but we will definitely consider staying at Quality Inn and Suites on our future travels.

Room Tip: We stayed in the area of the main lobby because my husband has difficulty walking long distances. T...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family