“What a great experience!”
Review of Rogue Fun Trips

Rogue Fun Trips
Ranked #6 of 8 things to do in Merlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer half day and full day rafting on the Rogue River between Hog Creek Boat Landing and Grave Creek. Inflatable kayaks and paddle boats can be requested at no additional cost. Full day trips include organic fresh foods from our garden. Doggies are welcome, too. We also offer boat and equipment rentals.
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This was my two teenagers first time kayaking on whitewater and they had an awesome time! Shawn was great both as a guide sharing knowledge of the area and having fun with the kids by teaching them the proper way to water fight using their paddles, (I think he won their waterfights). I really appreciated his concern for their safety by ensuring they understood how to manage their kayaks through white water and by staying close and down river from them so that if they did have a mishap he was ready to take care of them. Was a beautiful day with some great sights. Lunch was wholesome with some nice fresh vegetables and homemade cookies and salsa. I would highly recomend Ferron's team if you want a fun experience on the Rogue River.

1  Thank 1Collins1

Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

Ferron's is a mom and pop business and we chose to support them. It was a choice worth making! We had Wade as our guide and he was friendly and had a good sense of humor. The kayaking was really fun. My mom and I were going down argon in the kayak and she fell out and came up laughing! They provided sodas and water. We had a lot of fun!

1  Thank Audry K
Reviewed 26 July 2012

"No problema" say Ferron and Sue. We can do that! Between Sue's smile, Ferron's stories, and the spectacular scenery you could easily fall in love with this place. Sue, Ferron and the rest of the crew have been on the Wild and Scenic Rogue for years and know the ins and outs, ebbs and flows of both the river and surrounding area. Want to take your dog (s) on the river with you? "No problema"! Want to stay in a treehouse? "No problema"! Can't miss with these guys... best in OR!

1  Thank Charlie L
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My daughter (10) and I recently booked a half day trip with Ferron's crew to float down the Rogue River to Galice from the Hog Creek boat landing to Galice. With only 24 hours notice, Ferron put the trip together and assigned Wayd to guide the trip. Offered a two person inflatable kayak to go along with the larger raft, I decided to introduce my daughter to rafting in that way. Wayd was great at pointing out the wildlife on the river (blue herons, ravens, turkey buzzards, osprey, eagle, turtles, beaver dams, etc) as well as talking about the natural history and hydraulics of Hellgate Canyon. This is the gentle stretch of the river, with rapids that provide enough thrills to keep a newbie's interest without inducing terror. A great way to start a beginner on the river. Can't wait to go back and tackle the more challenging lower Rogue, or at least to let one of Ferron's crew tackle it!

1  Thank Cactus64
Reviewed 5 July 2012

relaxed and attentive staff... just as they should be. I recommend them to everyone

1  Thank Tori F

Been to Rogue Fun Trips? Share your experiences!