“Great place to connect with nature and each other.”
Review of Doubletree Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merlin
Doubletree Ranch
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed in the Meadow House with three other families for an annual reunion/getaway. The house was homey and well-stocked with enough space for all the families to spread out comfortably. We enjoyed visiting, playing games, cooking, and soaking up the beautiful scenery.

Rafting, antiquing, and dining out are all within a short drive into town. The river is perhaps a quarter mile away from the house. Beach chairs are conveniently stored by the river so guests do not have to haul their seating to lounge by the water.

The only downside to this stay was the numerous fires closeby, as we visited mid-summer during a horrible fire season. The smoke became quite thick, and I was concerned about the potential need for evacuation. (A long, narrow, tree-lined road leads to the property.)

All in all, we thought Doubletree Ranch was well-suited for our families. The owners are kind and helpful, the property is beautiful, and the accomodations are perfect for a large group. We would definitely consider returning when there's less fire danger.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank neverlander

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed at the Meadow House with 5 other couples and loved every minute of our time at the Doubletree Ranch!! The house was perfect for a large group with plenty of comfortable bedrooms, bathrooms, the best stocked kitchen of any rental we've ever stayed at, lots of room to spread out and books and games available to occupy the evenings. All the modern conveniences but without phones, radio or television (cell coverage and wifi available though). The grounds are great...close walk to the river, beautiful meadow to watch the deer graze, steep hillside trails with views of the valley to explore by foot. Rick (owner) is INCREDIBLY kind and hospitable. I highly recommend Doubletree Ranch to anyone looking to reconnect with loved ones and nature, and who appreciate a peaceful getaway.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This was my second time staying at the Doubletree Ranch in Merlin Oregon. The first was just last year with a couple of college buddies and I loved it so much I brought my wife back to see it just before Memorial Day weekend this year. Stayed with my sister & her boyfriend and had access to both the Summer House and Shetland cabin. What a fantastic find this place is. The property is beautifully located on the Rogue River and the hosts (owners) Rick and Carol went out of their way to make sure we had everything we wanted. Cabins are clean and fully appointed with all the modern necessities (fridge, stove, microwave, air conditioning, coffee maker) but the place is so charming and relaxing you just want to hang, read and chill out in one of the screened in porches or sitting on a chair in the river all day. Unbelievably kick-back and rustic feel. Although it very much felt like an isolated getaway to the country, the property has wireless WIFI and also cell phone coverage (which many properties in the area lack). The location is situated very close to the stores and quaint restaurants in Merlin and Grants Pass is only a short 10 minute drive away. I almost did not want to leave this review and keep the place a 'secret' to myself but I can only manage one cabin for a week or two each year. My wife can't wait to go back and has already started plans for next year.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad cabin on the property. Mattress in master bedroom of summer house was a bit s...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marc N
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I asked my mom to write this for me since I haven’t grasped typing yet and I am only a two year old yellow lab. Rick told my mom when we booked this place that if dogs could post on Trip Advisor they would say “This is the only place to stay!” And he was right. There are lots of trails, woods, meadows, and fields to hike and smell. We only stayed here two nights in mid-October (we had been on a two week road trip through Utah, Montana, Idaho, and Washington) and this was my favorite stop. My parents took me to the river every day and twice on Monday. There were nice folding chairs for my mom and dad to sit on while I swam and played in the river. Everything is so green and pretty, and when we went it was cold and wet, perfect Labrador Retriever weather. I saw geese, ducks, a variety of different birds, and tons of squirrels that almost chased but mom said I couldn’t. We stayed in the Stillwater cabin which had a screened in porch that I enjoyed very much. Mom and Dad read books when it was raining and I sat and listened to the wild life outside without getting wet. Also as long as I was a good dog I could run around Doubletree Ranch without a leash.
Rick and Carol are great hosts, and I thought about staying behind with them but I wasn’t sure if Rick would give me Peanut Butter snacks. But I am sure that my parents will bring me back to visit Rick and the Ranch as long as I am a good dog till then.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pennycrc
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Five of us stay in the Cedar House (2 couples and a kid). We loved it but not as much as our 7 year old boy who just could not get enough of the loft. The property was spectacular with its proximity to the Rogue River. Bounce...Black Berries were just dripping off the stems (my fingers are still stained blue). We wish we didn't have to leave so early to continue on our journey.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank john b
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We just got back again from another wonderful vacation at Double Tree Ranch. This time we stayed in the smaller Shetland cabin. This is a great cabin for smaller groups. We had 4 adults and 3 kids. We also used the nice large tent next door. The kids loved staying in there. We spent most of our time at both the rouge river and Jump off Joe creek. The kids had a blast playing in both. We also spent the early morning's walking down to the fishing hole and picking black berries with our coffee. Can't wait to go back, we already are planning the next time down there. Thanks again Rick and Carol.

Room Tip: All cabins are great. If you have a big group either get the Summer or Cedar house.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The owners, Rick and Carole, are some of the most amazing people we have ever met. They truly treated our family of five (and our elderly dog) like family. Carole even babysat our dog for us while we went on an excursion (a Rogue Wilderness Adventures rafting trip, also amazing and highly recommended).

Our children absolutely loved their stay and the special tours and ranch life demonstrations that the owners gave us. The cabin accommodations were excellent and spotless!! A wonderful peaceful getaway and such a great value. We look forward to coming again as a regular trip. Rick and Carole, thank you for such wonderful memories.

• Stayed: June 2012

Been to Doubletree Ranch? Share your experiences!