“Nice park for picnic” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yantis Park

Yantis Park
More attraction details
Owner description: A local park with free concerts during the summer.
Milton Freewater, Oregon
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Nice park for picnic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Nice small town park next to swimmin pool and ballpark. Large enough for a extended family get together.

Visited July 2012

Walla Walla, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“clean partk with lots of familys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

lots of fun, kids and families....whatelse can you ask in a park

Visited July 2011
Richland, WA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Something fun for the family”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

We decided that we wanted to go to the drive-in in Milton-Freewater, Oregon and found out that they had an aquatic center, so we made a day of it. The cost is ony $18 for the family or $3 per child 17 and under/ $4.50 for adults.

There are two slides, spiral and speed types. My older two children thoroughly enjoyed these slides and were constantly on them. Considering that we were there mid-week during the afternoon session and that we were in a small city, there wasn't a wait. The minimum height requirement for both slides is 48". There is a large area for the kids to swim and a kiddie area with a zero depth entrance, frog slide, and a couple of other water features (see pictures). My four year old was bummed about not being able to use the big slides, but had a blast anyways. They do not allow parents to take children down the slides, which was a bummer.

There is also a sandy area for kids to play with a couple of ride-on toys and in another section is a volleyball net. Had I known this, I would have brought along sand toys. At the entrance/exit of the sand area, there is a shower/rinse-off area. Very well thought out!

We brought food with us inside, but I didn't check their policy. There are a few tables with umbrellas near the concession area and plenty of lounge chairs lined up around the pool. There is also a covered area with picnic tables. I opted to put our towels under a small shade tree near the sandbox.

There a few reasons that I only gave this an average rating. The first one is that I didn't want people to think that this aquatic center was on par with the larger theme-park aquatic centers. This, however, is an excellent community pool. Second, I found that two of the life guards were a bit snippy with me. I treat people respectfully and expect the same in return. One of the life guards saw that my son was climbing UP the small frog slide and was quite rude in his attitude toward me. I correct my son, and thanked the young man. His attitude changed when I returned his rudeness with kindness. My children and husband said that another guard was also rude to them. I think that there needs to be a tact-lesson for these employees. If it had only been one guard, I'd have given this attraction four stars.

Visited July 2011