“"Perfect all the time"”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“"Perfect all the time"”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Just started staying here at the Econo Lodge Southeast, and have found this hotel to be affordable with always a good nights sleep. I usually stay in Clackamas but never get a good nights sleep with all the freeway noise. This hotel is a hidden gem! Only 2 miles from Clackamas & a short drive to Downtown Portland Oregon, it's my hotel of choice from now on in Portland Oregon. The rooms are extra large and the staff is always very friendly. My company always books for me in advance and gets a special rate on their website, almost 20 percent off! Now that's a good deal I would say. Overall it's a great budget hotel for a smart traveler...

Room Tip: Use their website www.choicehotels.com/hotel/or031 and rate code LADV (Advance Purchase) Most of the...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
10 Thank David R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed here several times. The last time we did they did not have the room we had reserved by phone and we had to take more expensive room or find somewhere else to stay after a long trip. To avoid a recurrence we pre booked online the next planned visit and our vehicle lost the transmission on the way. We called the hotel and told them we would be unable to make it and they insisted on keeping the payment for two nights. At a time when the vehicle expenses were already a heavy burden, their unwillingness to not charge my debit card was immoral, greedy and mean. Completely uncool!

Room Tip: do not stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tony H
GMOR031, General Manager at Econo Lodge Southeast, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for your review, I'm very sorry to hear of your inconvenience with your reservation at our hotel. Due to your type of booking, which was done through a third party site, the rules and policies are out of the control of the hotel. I suggest you make a booking with our hotel directly or on our own hotel website to avoid these problems in the future. If you are ever in the area again, please ask for me personally and I would be happy to make sure that your stay will be memorable.
Tumwater, Washington
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I frequently visit my mom in Milwaukie and I will definitely start using this place. We had a large room with a king bed and a separate area with a kitchen counter and table for two. The mini fridge and microwave are a great bonus although there are good restaurants and fast food very close. The bed was on the firm side but ok. This is a budget option, such as thin towels, but a great value for the price. The property is well-maintained and spotless. The indoor pool and spa have a lot of noise from the street but were otherwise very pleasant.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Greg D
SEQUIM
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I'm not much on EconoLodges. They are really a budget operation and in my experience, not the cleanest hotels I've stayed in. Enter the EconoLodge Southeast in Milwaukie, Oregon - it's a spotlessly clean, comfortable hotel for not a lot of money. I had a 2 queen bedded suite that was almost as large as a small house! The carpet is a bit worn, but other than that, this place is a true bargain at $54 per night (senior rate). The owners are obviously very proud of their hotel - and it shows. They even throw in a small continental breakfast in the price of the room. I've stayed in Portland many times and this hotel is truly the best buy I've found. The hotel is a "Platinum Award" winner from Choice Hotels, so you know it's got to be in the very top echelon of EconoLodge properties. You won't be disappointed if you stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a suite - it's only a few dollars more than a regular room and well worth the mon...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank rjnjjwa
Denver
Reviewed 11 February 2012

All I have to say is Very Clean! Rooms are simple and the staff is very friendly. The Econo Lodge feels more like a bed&breakfast and that's why we will be returning very soon! Keep up the good job Econo Lodge, we are sure to tell all our friends and family in Denver about your great hotel.

Room Tip: Book online in advance and get 20 percent off!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank Cindy W
Alpena, Michigan
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We got lost. Our Garmin sent us to an industrial area. !?!? We drove & I spotted an Econo Lodge. I figured they would know where OUR Econo Lodge was. They did. But the Marine said "No Way am I gonna stay if it's like THAT!". We drove. We found the RIGHT Econo Lodge. Oh boy! First of all we arrived two days early. No problem. they dealt with it. The room was GREAT. 2 TV's (1 for the parlor/eating area & 1 for the bedroom) Clean, quiet. Near enough to Portland, OR & other stuff we wanted to do to make it a BONUS. Nice little breakfast bar, not fancy, but if you want bacon & eggs & the rest, there's a restaurant across the street... go get your bacon. Mom & Pop feeling. Close to lots of Neat places like The Bomber Restaurant... it has a REAL WWII Bomber out front.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room, that was great! it's a quiet place so all the rooms are fine. Ther...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank KEMMH
Renton Wa.
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Stayed at Econo Lodge Southeast again, and were pleased with our room. Still a good value for the price and clean enough. Not too much noise, considering the busy traffic out front and fully booked motel status.
This time we walked over to Hale's Restaurant just across the side street for breakfast, and it was very good and reasonably priced. There is food available across the highway, too.
This Econo Lodge location works out well for a home base to places like Bob's Red Mill (for whole-grain goodies) and Dave's Killer Bread. Second Hand stores, especially the "Red, White and Blue" are close by. Oregon City's historic sites and Museum are just down 99E.
Yes, we're happy we returned!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Hubqueen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukie
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area
Days Inn Clackamas Portland

Been to Econo Lodge Southeast? Share your experiences!