“good value”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Milwaukie
“good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Room was clean, could have used a coffee pot and hair dryer but otherwise all you need. Clean and roomy. Will stay again in the future. There were many restaurants nearby and convenience stores...............

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank Gary A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge Southeast for Easter and was pleasantly surprised because for a budget hotel the rooms were super clean and the staff is first-rate! The place isn't fancy but it is great with many extras you would get at a 4-5 star hotel. I usually stay in 4-5 star hotels as I travel on business, but since this was close to family and Southeast Portland, we stayed here. It's such a nice, clean, personable place, and much more than one would expect for the price. I can't say enough how surprised I was and we will be staying here again! Others may find it strange for the staff to walk the grounds, we found it to be very nice and secure.

6 Thank SabrinaG87
Independence, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

Well, first off this place is very inexpensive but it is still very clean and feels pretty new. I had a 2 queen bed suite that had a little entry area with a table, chairs TV (not a flat screen but an older tube style, so picture is a little off), sink, mini fridge, microwave and cupboard space/counter space, which was awesome for traveling with 2 kids a baby and my hubby. The two queen beds were actually very comfortable but needed extra pillows. There was an additional TV (again a tube style) in the bedroom area which was nice too. The bathroom area was divided into a toilet/shower area with locking door, and a sink/mirror vanity area outside. All was clean and great to use. My mom who was staying too had a king room, her sitting area had the table, chairs and microwave but no second TV. There was no coffee maker or hair dryer in either room, which was weird, but they did have coffee, powder style creamer & sugar available in the lobby from 7-10am with their free breakfast. Breakfast is free and super basic, you have bagels, English muffins, pre-packaged muffins in 2-3 flavors, butter, jam and cream cheese available. No fruit or eggs or anything hot (unless you use the toaster to toast your bagel or English muffin). They also had orange and apple juice in a automatic dispenser to fill Styrofoam cups with. Again overall not bad for such an inexpensive price. This hotel also has a pool/Jacuzzi. The pool is small (up to 8 people only) and the Jacuzzi switch takes some encouragement to get the jets going, but there were hardly ever any people in there with us, so the kids liked the pool time none the less. I'd say the only thing that was odd to me was that the owner was CONSTANTLY out and about watching everyone, walking the parking lot and street, watching you come and go, seeing who was going where, at all hours!! I am sure this is nothing more than a prideful owner being sure that the area is safe and that the guest cars and rooms are all safe, but it was a little strange none the less. The location is also super convenient, there's a great restaurant within walking distance, a convenience store, its right off 99 close to everywhere.....

7 Thank EmmaK412
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

The great rates and central location were our initial attraction to the Econo Lodge. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised that the king suite had a Serta Pillow Top mattress and was very clean. Our room was very comfortable and we had a great nights sleep. Honestly we have stayed at the bigger hotels and never had the service we got here, the staff was friendly and went out of their way to make us feel at home. The heated pool and spa were also a extra, which we didn't expect! We took our grandchildren to the Portland Aquarium, which was only a mile down from hotel.. The Aquarium is a must if you have young children... I would have to say if your on a tight budget but want lots of extras, then this Econo Lodge is a sure bet for you!

4 Thank Kim A
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

I have never been treated so poorly in my life. I was visiting friends and family in Clackamas,  I have never stayed at an Econo Lodge hotel before and I never will again. I had visitors in my room in the morning and I had no idea they were supposed to check in at the front desk because the staff NEVER told me that,  and the sign that was posted was covered by some other signs on the counter in the lobby,  which I took photos of. The staff came to my room,  demanded to search it and then screamed at me to come down to the office and talk to them. There was also a maid pointing and screaming,  though I could barely understand her because she didn't speak English that well. When I came to the office the man behind the counter was so rude saying that I was lying about how many people were in my room. I tried to explain to him that it was just a misunderstanding of the rules however he basically said he didn't believe me. At that point I asked to speak to the owner or manager because I no longer felt comfortable staying another night at this hotel. A man did call me in my room claiming to be management. I explained once again that yes,  I had visitors in my room and that one was my little sister and one was my step son,  who are both minors. I tried to explain that the management at the hotel had been screaming at me and rude to which he said "I highly doubt that ma'am"  however I do have witnesses that this occured. I assume he is the same man who responds to the negative posts on here since he used the same "we are an award winning hotel" line on me after calling me a liar. He then told me that he was going to call Clackamas police because the minors in my room could be runaways and they could be drinking or doing drugs. I was so baffled I gave up and hung. This whole situation is CRAZY to me. I was on vacation,  visiting friends and family a long way from home and was being treated like a criminal and lost out on $60 for one night in the room. I will never ever stay at an Econo Lodge again and I would never recommend staying there to anyone I know. In fact,  I would encourage everyone I know to stay anywhere but there.  I travel a lot and stay at lot of hotels and I have never experienced anything even close to how humiliating this experience was.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Raya33
GMOR031, General Manager at Econo Lodge Southeast, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Thank you for your comment Rachael Davidson; we take our comments very seriously at the Econo Lodge. The hotel visitor policy is clearly posted in the office and enforced when we receieve complaints from other guest about late night noise. All guests at our hotel have the right to a goodnights sleep and we always make sure of that. You are right that we are an Award Winning Hotel by Choice Hotels International and take great pride in our hotel and service we give our guests.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

They gave me a good deal, front desk guy was a little overwhelming, But pretty nice. The lady that cleaned our room was very sweet. I was there for a week with my small children, and felt safe. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank newstartnlife
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

We needed a room for guests for two nights near Sellwood in SE Portland. Based on online comments, we chose this motel because by the time you add parking, the other choices were expensive or rated very poorly. The Econo Lodge is not fancy but the room was clean and spacious. It is an older motel run by an older East Indian (?) couple. The nice thing was that it had a sitting area with a sink and microwave when you first enter the room. There was a half divider to separate the sitting area from the two beds. The fridge was was along the wall between the TV. Our guests said they would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
12 Thank TJandTR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukie
BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Sunnyside Inn and Suites
Sunnyside Inn and Suites
#6 of 8 in Clackamas

Been to Econo Lodge Southeast? Share your experiences!