“Pleasantly surprised”

Econo Lodge Southeast
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Milwaukie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I have been looking for a nice hotel to stay at when I come to Portland once a month, and was referred to the Econo Lodge by a friend and the staff is very accommodating to my every needs with what I'm requesting for the night ,beds are comfortable, clean rooms and nice location

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lezley I
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Southeast

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Like all the other reviews say; clean and affordable.

They are a family run establishment, so a certain amount of decency and respect for the stay of others is a requirement. Please see the review under the 1 Star rating; that's what decided me on the place.

The parking felt safe, the lot was in full view of the main office. The breakfast was tidy and sanitary; hot coffee, juice, current packaged pastries and baked goods, plus bagels to toast. And more I'm forgetting.

Certainly look forward to being a guest there again.

Room Tip: I had one of the rooms furthest from the office, and the wifi was weak and spotty. Not sure if the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TrolleyTrail74
GMOR031, General Manager at Econo Lodge Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank You for providing feedback on your recent stay with us at the Econo Lodge Southeast Milwaukie/Portland. We are very happy you were satisfied with your recent stay and look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

The rooms were clean and the beds are surprisingly comfortable. The units are obviously older, but as someone else mentioned, they have been updated. We had a room with a kitchenette - unfortunately the fridge froze our food and one of the door shelves had been repaired with a pen and tape. The fridge is old and should definitely be replaced. We also missed having a coffee maker in the room. We passed on the continental breakfast provided as it was not appealing. This was a very budget conscious trip for us, and we felt that the accommodation was fair in relation to the price we were charged. The room was very basic, but that is exactly what we were expecting. We would stay again if travelling under similar circumstances - if we have the luxury to spend a bit more, would look for more upscale accommodation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 86Shelbygirl
GMOR031, Manager at Econo Lodge Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are happy you were satisfied with your stay and look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future. Econo Lodge Southeast Milwaukie/Portland.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice, clean hotel for a great price, close to Portland. The owners of this place take great pride in keeping the place clean and work really hard to make sure your stay is safe and pleasant. We got a really nice room, with a jacuzzi for the same price as a cheap roadside motel. They also have cameras outside to make sure your car does not get broken into. We were driving cross country and got there late, but the owner was able to accommodate us and let us check in at 10 pm. I will definitely be staying at this place again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jay R
GMOR031, General Manager at Econo Lodge Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us at the Econo Lodge Southeast Milwaukie/Portland. We are very happy that you were satisfied with your stay and look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We were looking for a place to stay in Southern Portland. The Econo Lodge Southeast while located in a commercial neighborhood, is a great motel. While the outside looks like a motel 6, the inside of this motel is renovated. We would consider to stay here again in the future.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JBhuta
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The EconoLodge is right off the main street and just 2.5 miles from I205 which provides easy access to a clean, comfortable facility at a reasonable price. The check-in process was fast and efficient. I was able to check at 1pm but not into my room. That was fine because I was on my way to the Showdown at Juarez Canyon and knew I would not be back in until very late. I just wanted to get checked in so I wouldnt have to mess with it later.

The room was suprisingly large with a sitting area and small kitchen in front and the bedroom area behind a half-height partition. The kitchen has a sink, microwave, small fridge and decent counter area. In that same space is a sitting area with a round table and two chairs.

My bed was was a king with decent bedding and a firm, comfortable mattress. The bathroom area is at the rear with a tub/shower in a separate room and the sink and mirror is outside. There is plenty of room for your toitleries on the counter. (We've all been in places wehre the sink has about 1/2 inch of counter space and you end up sitting your stuff on the toilet lid).

Overall I think this facility provides good value for the dollar and would stay here again. The people are nice and the room was decent.

On the downside the carpeting needs a good cleaning and the maid service needs to be more attentive. When I returned to my room at 3am on Saturday morning I saw where they had picked up the old towels but has failed to vacuum the carpet or even make the bed let alone change the sheets. I guess they got distracted. I sure hope this is not their normal practice. Regardless I had a great nights sleep and check-out was a breeze.

Room Tip: Always get a non-smoking room and respect the non-smoking policy even if you are a smoker.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank James S
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Rooms are nice and clean,the half covered pool and spa are nice.The rooms have a frig and mw.
TVs are CRT type! Breakfast is basic packaged and dry muffins,bagels,no donuts!
I am a Choice Privilage member but they could not afford myself a late checkout!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank saulele
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukie
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area
Days Inn Clackamas Portland

Been to Econo Lodge Southeast? Share your experiences!