“Boys Dream Restaurant- huge planes”

Bomber Wings of Freedom
Ranked #23 of 66 Restaurants in Milwaukie
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This is my son's favorite restaurant. I took him there for his first time when he was 8 and his eyes were as big a a saucers.
He could hardly sit and eat his good because the museum of aircraft all around him was so exciting. The food is down-home delicious diner food. Need to go for the experience, any boy you take will be in Heaven!!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a great place for home cooked meals and deserts, especially pies. Great friendly service, last visit the owner came by our booth to check to confirm everything was ok.

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

We stopped by for a quick breakfast before heading out shopping. The Bomber always has great food at great prices. You can't go wrong. The eggs were perfectly cooked over easy, the pancake fluffy and just right. We got 3 choices about how we liked our bacon - can't beat that. And each of us only paid 5 bucks per plate. Good home cooking for a great price! We always come back when we're in town.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

First off it has been over a year since my last visit and my review should explain why. The service has always been good however the quality of food has been in steady decline over the last 5 years. On our last visit while looking out at the plants of the only window they have our whole family watched the largest rat I have seen in the United States enjoying some fries. This window doesn't look outside but to an enclosed mini garden of sorts with a few plants.

Second they have a gutted B-17 outside that is 3/4 bird droppings and have been talking about restoring it for well over a decade. I am a vet and an consider myself a expert on all things to do with ww2. Our family has donated to the fund to restore the B-17, bought all the t shirts ect. And the plane just sits in the parking lot rotting. I feel it is all a gimmick to get you to come in and spend money on lousy food.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The atmosphere is nostalgic circa WWII. The food is home made fare. The quality is top shelf. The service is spot on! We had such a great time we have driven 30 miles out our way three times since just to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner (perspectivally) I haven't had a real "Chili-Size" in decades. Their lunch favorite was perfect. The home made chili was magnificent. The home mead soup was a main event.