Milwaukie Inn Portland South
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Econo Lodge Southeast(Milwaukie)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$70
Lakeshore Inn(Lake Oswego)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$154
Hospitality Inn(Portland)
US$96
US$91
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We have stayed at the Milwaukie Inn several times and always find the motel rooms clean, good towels, good TVs, plenty of hot water, comfortable beds, reasonable priced, microwave/junior refrigerator, and helpful and friendly owners. Also one will note all the beautiful rose bushes around the property, take your camera. Milwaukie is just south of Portland, much easier to get around in. Location is great, several restaurants, large change grocery store nearby.

This is not like the rubber stamped chain motels, a small, one level "back into yesterday", enjoyable motels you can park your car at the front door. We stay there when we are in the Portland area, one year for a whole week.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank hawkeye6500
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed here while I was waiting for my Apartment to open up. The maids skipped my room many times. Not including we had no hot water for quit a bit of time and our air conditioner didn't work so we couldn't stand to be in the hotel room. I had to go to the office many times about our problems that I finally asked for the owner to call me and the guy in the office said that the owner don't care and wont call me. Then I had to call down to the office because the maids skipped our room and we needed them to as we were running low on things and he yelled at me and was very rude to me so I asked him again to have the owner call me. He first told me that the owner wont and don't care then he said he was the owner and was going to call the cops on me for trust passing when we payed our week and they accepted it. Cops never showed up but still after all we have been though here they never offered us a discount and they wont have the real owners call us. I would not advise anyone to stay here more then one night because all these managers are is worthless and don't like it when you come in the office with neededing something. They lie to you and they treat you like your nothing. Even though you pay for your service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank kayleeab
Reviewed 1 May 2010

I traveled to the Milwaukie area to visit some family members in the area. I found that the hotel was very economical on the rates. It was a great value for the services that they offered. Nice and quite and the staff was very welcoming and had good knowledge of the area and what it had to offer. I will definitely be returning back to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank mschavez07
Reviewed 31 March 2010

This is a nice little motel tucked away in a commercial area of various businesses. The cleanliness, upkeep and general appearance indicate a serious commitment by the cleaning and maintenance staff. The price was very economical. They do not have breakfast but if you really want food at the motel, they have refrigerators, microwaves, stove/ovens and a sink in the rooms (at least the 3 our group had). Bus parking can be a challenge but we parked in an empty lot about a block away. (It might have been possible right on the grounds but this was easier). Overall, it was a pretty good bargain all around.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank MrPaulIowa
Reviewed 8 August 2009

My parents actually booked a room for me at this motel last year at our family reunion. Every other motel/hotel in town was booked up due to a baseball tournament, so this was going to have to do. I was a little skeptical about staying here, but it was a pretty good stay actually. I will start off with the things I liked about the motel. The rooms were actually pretty good size. I had a standard room with a king bed, and the king bed was big enough to literally fit a married couple, and 2 small children, at the same time. The TV was on a wall-mount, which made it easier to see and hear, and it freed up some counter/dresser top space. There was a microwave and fridge in the room, and the air unit under the window was easy to operate and control. The motel is located about 1/2 a mile away from a shopping plaza with a Blockbuster Video, Safeway grocery store, Fred Meyer, 7-11, and several fast food and other dining restaurants. It was also about 5 miles away from where my grandfather and my parents were staying, and about 10 miles away from where our family reunion picnic was held.
Some things I did not like about this motel was: the registration/check-in office only had room for the desk clerk, computer, counter, and 2 guests, at the most, able to stand by the counter; very small. The parking lot was very small, and not made for a vehicle the size of the truck I was driving. All parking spaces required guests to pull in forward; no backing into the parking space. I don't know why that is, other than they didn't want people to load stuff from the rooms in the trunks of their cars and whatnot. The parking lot lighting was very dim in most places, and well lit only by the check-in desk office. The bathroom (toilet and bathtub) was very small, and I had to completely move back against the wall between the toilet and bathtub to shut the door. The sink and mirror were out in the main room. Some people like that; personally, I don't. I like the sink and mirror in with the rest of the bathroom stuff. The motel is located right on a busy 4 lane highway, and some traffic can be noisy. There was no swimming pool, free breakfast, or vending machines.
It's been over a year since I stayed at this location, so I'm just posting a review about the things I remember. All in all, I would have to give this motel a 3.5 out of 5. The desk clerk was very nice, helpful, and accomodating. If someone is traveling alone, and doesn't like places with dim parking lot lighting, or places located next to a busy road, I would not recommend this place for you. I thought it was a nice little motel, and I would probably stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo