“Omg gross!!!”

Milwaukie Inn Portland South
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Milwaukie
“Omg gross!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

I couldn't believe how horrible this place was, rude lady at the front desk, overwhelming smell of cockroaches. I was going to stay there because of the rate, but in turn you couldn't pay me to have my family stay here. GROSS!!!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank newstartnlife

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
west coast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

I stayed here with my sister for two nights on a recent trip through Portland and found it perfectly adequate, thought nothing special. It was clean enough though not recently renovated. The basics were in place -- but be sure to have your own soap and shampoo with you. What's here is just the bare minimum. So, it's not expensive so you get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Lovely clean nice rooms, free internet access. Friendly receptionist. They have microwaves an fridges in every room, great for leaving snacks in when your on the go. Had a great stay don't have anything negative to say. I will definitely come back next time I am in town.

Room Tip: They also provide kitchenette rooms as I was told, but in this case I did not need one since my trip...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank sarah b
GERMANTOWN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

We have stayed at the Milwaukie Inn several times and always find the motel rooms clean, good towels, good TVs, plenty of hot water, comfortable beds, reasonable priced, microwave/junior refrigerator, and helpful and friendly owners. Also one will note all the beautiful rose bushes around the property, take your camera. Milwaukie is just south of Portland, much easier to get around in. Location is great, several restaurants, large change grocery store nearby.

This is not like the rubber stamped chain motels, a small, one level "back into yesterday", enjoyable motels you can park your car at the front door. We stay there when we are in the Portland area, one year for a whole week.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank hawkeye6500
Clackamas, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed here while I was waiting for my Apartment to open up. The maids skipped my room many times. Not including we had no hot water for quit a bit of time and our air conditioner didn't work so we couldn't stand to be in the hotel room. I had to go to the office many times about our problems that I finally asked for the owner to call me and the guy in the office said that the owner don't care and wont call me. Then I had to call down to the office because the maids skipped our room and we needed them to as we were running low on things and he yelled at me and was very rude to me so I asked him again to have the owner call me. He first told me that the owner wont and don't care then he said he was the owner and was going to call the cops on me for trust passing when we payed our week and they accepted it. Cops never showed up but still after all we have been though here they never offered us a discount and they wont have the real owners call us. I would not advise anyone to stay here more then one night because all these managers are is worthless and don't like it when you come in the office with neededing something. They lie to you and they treat you like your nothing. Even though you pay for your service.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank kayleeab

Travellers are raving about these Milwaukie hotels

San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2010

I traveled to the Milwaukie area to visit some family members in the area. I found that the hotel was very economical on the rates. It was a great value for the services that they offered. Nice and quite and the staff was very welcoming and had good knowledge of the area and what it had to offer. I will definitely be returning back to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank mschavez07
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2010

This is a nice little motel tucked away in a commercial area of various businesses. The cleanliness, upkeep and general appearance indicate a serious commitment by the cleaning and maintenance staff. The price was very economical. They do not have breakfast but if you really want food at the motel, they have refrigerators, microwaves, stove/ovens and a sink in the rooms (at least the 3 our group had). Bus parking can be a challenge but we parked in an empty lot about a block away. (It might have been possible right on the grounds but this was easier). Overall, it was a pretty good bargain all around.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank MrPaulIowa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukie
Lakeshore Inn
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 8 in Clackamas

Been to Milwaukie Inn Portland South? Share your experiences!