“A hidden gem!”

Milwaukie Inn Portland South
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Milwaukie
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed 23 August 2008

The hotel rooms I stayed in, (2 in total), were very clean and well maintained. Definitely a hidden gem for a budget traveler. From the outside view of the hotel, it's easy for one to make a quick judgment. However, the front desk staff was incredibly congenial, friendly and helpful. I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kieran75

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed 9 August 2008

I told the manager (or owner, not sure) I would check in between 3 and 6pm. At 5:45 he called to see if I was still coming and if everything was alright. I thought that was very nice because he didn't call in a rude way, but in a caring manner. I was traveling with my three daughters to go school clothes shopping and he drew me a map to stores and suggested a Mexican restaurant for dinner and even told me if I get lost I could call him. He was very very helpful!
The room wasn't fancy. There was no coffee pot or hairdryer, but it was very clean. The price was very reasonable for any budget. Me and the girls were able to sleep comfortably and know the place was clean and well taken care of.
I would stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone traveling that way.

• Liked — The customer service
  • Disliked — No coffee pot!!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank travelingmama72
la jolla
Reviewed 3 August 2008

It is a great location in milwaukie/clackamas area dn close to restaurants, shopping, clackamas town center . I particularly love the service from front desk to housekeepers, they were very friendly and helpful. My friend traveling with me was in a wheel chair and front desk staff made accommodation for him in no time for his specific needs.
The rooms were great and I and exceeded my expectations with cleanliness.
I recommend this hotel to anyone that is in the area if you seek friendly service nice clean room.

• Liked — Friendly and Helpful Staff
  • Disliked — no cons so far.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank ChrisSLaJolla
memphis
Reviewed 13 December 2007

a bit skeptical as i always am, but to my surprise it was great nifty hotel room i stayed in. The staff was great that they showed me four different types of rooms available to my choice and a upgrade at minimal cost to a romantic 80's style room from my rooms that was more contemporary. they just had a cute courtyard but it was freezing at the time of my stay to be outside.
The location for me was just perfect for my needs, and my consulting company was just 4 miles from the hotel off hwy 224 and great nearby restaurants and it was a lively area short drive to sellwood.
If you want to experience real local friendly service and people i recommend the hotel.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — too many choices in room type
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank pat_wh
sacramento, ca
Reviewed 26 November 2007

I stayed here recently for two nights. Overall, it rated no higher than two stars. The room had been updated at some point in the past, but certainly not "recently" as advertised. We felt like we stepped back to the 70's or early 80's. I was hesitant to leave our belongings in the room unattended. The first room they tried to put us in had a broken window latch, so we switched rooms into the "jaccuzi" room. The remote control for the T.V. didn't work nor did the temperature knob on the A/c -heat unit. The bathroom walls were bulging out, apparently from water damage from the jaccuzi on the opposite wall. The beds were comfortable enough.
Staff members were average. The Inn is on a busy street but traffic noise was tolerable. If you do stay here, or in the area, check out the food at the Bomber resteraunt down the street-now that was 5 stars.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank oerding

Travellers are raving about these Milwaukie hotels

florida
Reviewed 17 May 2007

A skeptic decided to venture in the quiet neighborhood with a nice hotel with personal service, this hotel was very good, very pleased with service and beds were were comfortalbe unlike some of the other mom and pop hotels. i would recommend for anyone that would like quiet stay away from the noisy crowds to stay at this hotel.

• Liked — As a single women I felt safe and secure.
  • Disliked — Room close to the road so heard some noise of cars at night.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank serenabosh
San francisco
Reviewed 1 August 2006

I had an opportunity to stay at Milwaukie Inn which I must say was surprised with service and quality of the rooms. The front desk staff went out of their way for assisting me my travel itnerary in the local area. I have never before stayed at a budget hotel that provided me with the quality service and I have travelled all over US and Canada.
I love to stay at budget hotel to get the personal service that I cannot count on at bigger hotels.
I must say their rooms were very comparable to big hotels and beds were so comfortable I did not want to get up in the morning. Ofcourse I was also tried from my flight the pervious evening but I recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in Milwaukie, Portland area.

• Liked — I loved the service which was excellent
  • Disliked — Had a minor issue with electronic lock that was solved by the staff within 5 min.
  • Tips/Secrets — The hotel is only miles away from downtown portland and oregon city so if you are flying into PDX I recomment this hotel because is is safe, quiet, and cleaner than anyplace I have stayed in portland.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukie
Lakeshore Inn
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel

Been to Milwaukie Inn Portland South? Share your experiences!