“Great People - great adventure for kids and adults!”

Rosse Posse Acres Elk Ranch
Ranked #5 of 19 things to do in Molalla
Molalla, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great People - great adventure for kids and adults!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

If you have friends of family from out of town and want them to see a little bit of Oregon outdoors - this is a great place to start!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Janette_Palmer

McMinnville, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wish I could rate it a ten star!!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This place is great! Well worth the trip!! All if the kids loved it! We all learned so much and had a great day! And an amazing value!! I gave it as a gift for my kids classroom game they are still talking about it. The petting zoo is so cute and the elk are amazing !
I wish I had room in the freezer for a million lbs of elk! So good!

Visited October 2013
4 Thank keltyestate
Atlanta, Georgia
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 249 helpful votes
“You will learn things about Elk you never knew...”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is a small family run place. You book a day and time in advance. Hopefully you have a good GPS as its a bit tricky to find. Park and when everyone is there or its time to start you learn inside the barn about the antlers, and their favor Elk, and pass around info cards on those that are more or less "pets" or working pets Id say. They also raise Elk for sale as meat.

After about 20 -25 min of learning in the barn you go out and walk along the Elk pens. If you want to see the males in the beautiful velvet, June and July are best. In Aug it dries up and falls off and this change happens in just a few days at most.

The price is right. Check Groupon as most people find them there. You can also pay cash of $5 adult there. For what you pay its well worth it.

The petting zoo isnt all that big but they have a Patagonian Cavy, which is a really sweet animal.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank MikeATL
Molalla, Oregon
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Tour, Family friendly and not over priced”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My sister-in-law,my brother-in-law Nieces, my daughter my husband and I went on a Saturday morning and we loved it, It's family owned and the animals are well cared for. The petting zoo was awesome and the kids didn't want to leave. At the end they had puppies for sale and the girls fell in love with them. We also bought some farm fresh eggs. If you come to Molalla, you must go to Rosse Posse Acres Elk Ranch!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Couplafish
St. Augustine, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“GREAT FAMILY OUTTING”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My husband and I live in Florida and were vacationing in Oregon. I had seen Rosse Posse info on the web and it seemed like a fun thing to do. This is a family owned business and the animals are basically in their yard. When we arrived no tours were available however one member of the family was kind enough to come out on a COLD/WET day and give us a private "mini tour". She could just as easily have sent us away however she went out of her way to make it fun for two people that just wandered onto the property. If you are willing to go a little bit off the beaten path you will enjoy this gem. Elk and the miniature horse "Smokey" are adorable!! I hope you get the opportunity to visit.

Visited April 2012