College Inn
US$78
Hotwire.com
Best Western Dallas Inn & Suites(Dallas)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$132
US$117
BestWestern.com
Great 4.5/5
La Quinta Inn & Suites(Salem)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$123
Hotels.com
US$139
US$119
Excellent 5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I had to attend a wedding in Independence and this hotel was recommended as a place to stay. It was about the only option in the area without having to travel to Salem. It was an okay place to stay. Very basic room but it was clean and a decent size. The bed was a little hard but was okay for a couple of nights. I wouldn’t have liked to sleep on it for a week. I found the sheets to be a little scratchy. I didn’t find the room noisy even though, the hotel is on a busy highway and I was in a room close to the road. The room had a microwave(which I didn’t use) and a small fridge. Lots of drawer space and an iron and ironing board. Bathroom amenities weren’t the best quality but they at least provided shampoo, lotion and bar soap. And they had free Wifi. All in all, this is a good place for one or two nights. Good value option if you are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Ed B, Manager at College Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2015

Thank you for your review.
we try to make all of our guest feel as comfortable as we can. beds are a hard subject to do because some people like a hard mattress and others like them softer.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

being the only hotel in the area. Mediocre. I asked to have a room on the first floor. I was rebuffed quickly by the clerk. The rooms were outdated, but pretty much what I expected. Just a place to crash.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Ed B, Manager at College Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
sorry we could not accommodate your request of being on the ground floor.
all of our ground floor rooms where all ready occupied. sorry for the inconvenience

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We moved family into the neighborhood and decided to eschew the floor/couch and book two rooms (one smoking, one non) for two nights. The gal at the front desk stayed up quite late for us, which was much appreciated. The husband/wife management team were both very kind and friendly, ready to accomodate our needs. I was impressed with the size of the rooms, they were clean, well appointed and I LOVED the fact that the smoking room had a portable air purifier. Nice touch! Will definitely stay again. Even though the inn is on a busy street, it wasn't too loud. I slept well. A bit pricey, but the best motel visit of the trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
NorthwindInn, Public Relations Manager at College Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear Marie,

Thank you for your valuable feedback & positive enforcement of our services & hospitality.

We look forward to having you next time you are back visiting family & will appreciate your kind word of mouth.

Prashant Gupta, CHA

Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

I had to come into Monmouth for a training at WOU. Since this the only
option in town this is where my work booked my hotel.
Upon arrival there was a miscommunication between whom should pay for my room (myself or my employer). The front desk clerk was quite rude just telling me "I need your credit card".
The room itself was ok. The furnishings are VERY outdated and the bedding smelled musty. I think the worst part about the motel is the location. It is right on a busy highway and the noise is overwhelming! I got a little bit of sleep in the wee hours when the traffic calmed down a bit. I would never stay here and would reccomend that people stay in either Salem or Corvallis instead.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank stephgwebster

Dear Stephanie,

We sincerely regret the confusion over the method of payment at check in.

Motels are primarily located off freeways & we have had very few complaints of noise over years that we have been in existence. We would like to invite you to stay with us again so that you may change your opinion about our hotel & services.

Prashant Gupta, CHA

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Clean, spacy, with refrigerator, microwave, iron, and Wifi. All that we needed. Friendly and helpful staff. The bathtub didn't drain real well, staff was right on it, and it was fixed promptly. Will stay here next time I visit, which will be in a few weeks.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tina N
Ed B, Manager at College Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2015

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review.
we look forward to serving your accommodation needs in the near future