“Staff is trying, but overwhelmed”
Review of The Thirsty Woman

The Thirsty Woman
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We have visited this location many times, under prior ownership and management. We love Mosier, and try to support the local businesses (which seem to fade with the seasons and economic turbulence). The folks at Thirsty Woman are certainly trying, but there are more kinks than successes, given our experience. The taps are located across the way, in the pub, no taps in the restaurant itself. Sitting outside, enjoying the lovely evening, we watched the harried wait staff racing back and forth between the pub and restaurant, fetching drinks and glasses, ignoring tables as they passed back and forth between the buildings. While our food was pretty good, and the beer delicious, we waited a very long time to order, and couldn't help but feel like they were making the whole process of serving food and drink much more complicated than it needed to be. There's also the yellow jacket problem. As soon as food lands on a table, the yellow jackets swoop in. The owners would be wise to place some traps away from the eating area, perhaps reducing the onslaught of buzzy pests, which kinda ruin the long-awaited meal.

We will try again, in the hopes that these hard working people will find a groove, but it might take a little while to recover from last night's disappointing experience.

1  Thank sail_away_tomorrow
JRSnyder43, Owner at The Thirsty Woman, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2016

We are new owners now as of April 2016.We operating only the small building now. Come check us out!

Reviewed 18 July 2012

The service was the main turn off at this establishment.  The first server was more in tune to texting on her phone inside then the customer.  The second server failed to know the specials of the day, failed to bring extra water on request in any sort of timely manner and couldn't provide silverware for desert.  After watching my desert swelter in the sun I grabbed silverware from another table, good thing too because the server didn't return with a fork. The busser station outside was also fork and knifeless.  The food took an exceeding long time to prepare, and when arrived the bread products were stale but over burnt so the bun could double as a hockey puck.  There was only one other group at the place, as I wish I could find a logical reason for the delay. The desert was claimed to be homemade with fresh ingredients but it was pretty much Costco at five times the mark up.  I guess with 6 or more in a party and 18% writen on top of the bill, service is optional. The design of the place is really cool and they have plenty of beer on tap.  Maybe next time I'll just drink more so the poor service fades into the amazing background of the gorge and the setting of this potential gem.

1  Thank Cursive9
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Quaint restaurant/bar with great ambiance. Didn't try the food only because I was still full but the food sure looked great. Definitely will be coming here again whenever I'm back in the area.

1  Thank Glorify-hymn
Reviewed 28 September 2010

What a find
A hidden gem in the Columbia Gorge
Not a beer lover, their wine list is awesome
I had a pear martini which was divine
The food is great- and the prices-I don't want too may folks to know about this place or there
won't be room for me!
the best experience. skip Hood River and head straight to Mosier

2  Thank cooperspur

Been to The Thirsty Woman? Share your experiences!