“AHmazing Campground”

Nehalem Bay State Park
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Nehalem
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular state park.
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I searched for weeks in order to find a Northwest Coastal campground that was family friendly and right on beach. Nehalem is clean, beautiful and fun. We stayed in E area and also D area and I prefer close sites to restrooms, which was E. But D had a trail right from our site over dunes to beautiful beach. we were there in August and Sept 2013 and the weather was superb, blue skies, and all that! Nights are chilly and sites are small, but they have hook ups and water spout for dishes and such. I took a shower each time I was there with out waiting and it is well maintained. the Rangers even gave my daughter sticker and lollipop. Daughter rode tricycle with no problem around and there are play grounds too. Coast for a night is about 24 dollars. But my three years old had a blast. I even visited other coastal sites that weekend and Nehalem is so close to Manzanita and stores and gas yet feels isolated which I love. they have YURTs too. Before we left site we headed to Nehalem bay kayaking and clam digging and there are picnic tables there too and we cooked out and had another party time with out paying extra day fee because we had stayed that day .....book way in advance or harass website until someone cancels like I did and it worked every time.

2  Thank Buttajess

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This park was really a pleasure. We were delighted to know that there were electric hook ups for us to charge our phones and hot showers that were very clean with lots of hot water. The beach nearby is beautiful and a great place for a walk. Oregon parks are the best.

3  Thank trunkbaygirl
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We took a family trip down the Oregon Coast. We spent several days at the Nehalem Bay State Park. The park itself is well maintained. It is in a very convenient location to visit such attractions as the Tillamook Cheese factory, Depoe Bay, Canon Beach and is within easy reach of Newport. There are many Beaches within a reasonable commute from the park. The park has it's own fantastic beach. The town of Manzanita is just a few minutes drive from the park, or you can walk there down the beach. This little town has some great coffee and ice cream shops and is fun just to walk around. I highly recommend this park.

4  Thank David S
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Very clean and quiet campsite. Did not make any reservations and got in no problem even though sign said "full". It never hurts to check - they had a few spots still open. Nice sandy beach but very, very windy. Good bike trails and miles of walking.

1  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Nehalem Bay State Park is a favorite for day trips to the beach. The park covers most of the sandy spit separating Nehalem Bay from the pacific. Situated just south of Manzanita this stretch of the coast has a couple of advantages over other popular northern Oregon beach parks such as Cape Lookout and Ecola: First off, there is actually a sandy beach even when it is high tide as opposed to the water coming up all the way and covering all the sand, secondly, you are much more likely to find this place less crowded. There isn't much in the way of tidepools here though, and the exposed nature of the beach makes this place often quite windy. The hard-packed sand is best for taking a long stroll or flying a kite, so bundle up and check it out. There are also a camp ground, paved bike trails, and facilities for equestrians available as well. The bay side also has picnic sites and a few fire rings available.