“Great Family Park”

Nehalem Bay State Park
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Nehalem
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular state park.
Hood River, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Family Park”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have been staying at Nehalem Bay State Park at least once a year for over 30 years. The park is well maintained, the facilities are clean, the park is safe and crime free. The staff and volunteers are friendly and helpful. For the most part the park is quiet, on occasion there will be a wild bunch that shows up but the park hosts take care of them right away! Any time I am asked to recommend a park to camp in on the Oregon Coast Nehalem Bay is the ONLY park I mention. I will continue to visit as long as I am able!!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank LaurielH

Rincon, Puerto Rico
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“AHmazing Campground”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I searched for weeks in order to find a Northwest Coastal campground that was family friendly and right on beach. Nehalem is clean, beautiful and fun. We stayed in E area and also D area and I prefer close sites to restrooms, which was E. But D had a trail right from our site over dunes to beautiful beach. we were there in August and Sept 2013 and the weather was superb, blue skies, and all that! Nights are chilly and sites are small, but they have hook ups and water spout for dishes and such. I took a shower each time I was there with out waiting and it is well maintained. the Rangers even gave my daughter sticker and lollipop. Daughter rode tricycle with no problem around and there are play grounds too. Coast for a night is about 24 dollars. But my three years old had a blast. I even visited other coastal sites that weekend and Nehalem is so close to Manzanita and stores and gas yet feels isolated which I love. they have YURTs too. Before we left site we headed to Nehalem bay kayaking and clam digging and there are picnic tables there too and we cooked out and had another party time with out paying extra day fee because we had stayed that day .....book way in advance or harass website until someone cancels like I did and it worked every time.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Buttajess
Cruz Bay, St. John
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Electric and hot showers, Oregon state parks are great!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This park was really a pleasure. We were delighted to know that there were electric hook ups for us to charge our phones and hot showers that were very clean with lots of hot water. The beach nearby is beautiful and a great place for a walk. Oregon parks are the best.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank trunkbaygirl
Olympia, Washington
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Wonderful State Park”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We took a family trip down the Oregon Coast. We spent several days at the Nehalem Bay State Park. The park itself is well maintained. It is in a very convenient location to visit such attractions as the Tillamook Cheese factory, Depoe Bay, Canon Beach and is within easy reach of Newport. There are many Beaches within a reasonable commute from the park. The park has it's own fantastic beach. The town of Manzanita is just a few minutes drive from the park, or you can walk there down the beach. This little town has some great coffee and ice cream shops and is fun just to walk around. I highly recommend this park.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank David S
Vernon, Canada
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Nice Spot for a rest”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Very clean and quiet campsite. Did not make any reservations and got in no problem even though sign said "full". It never hurts to check - they had a few spots still open. Nice sandy beach but very, very windy. Good bike trails and miles of walking.

Visited August 2013