“A spectacular experience, not to be missed!”
Review of Oregon Beach Rides

Oregon Beach Rides
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Manzanita has been our regular late summer vacation spot for over a decade and Oregon Beach Rides is one of the highlights of the trip. Right up there with Hug Beach and Haystack Rock. An experience not to be missed.

Run by a wonderful family of good spirited souls who take great care around safety, starting with choosing the right horse for the rider. Helmets required. An experienced rider; my daughter started riding with them at age eight. We often ride there with other kids her age.

They have several types of rides including a one hour, two hour, half and full day. Also a sunset ride. We take the 2 hour advanced ride as you can canter and gallop on the beautiful wide beach. This ride also gets you into the beautiful grassy sand dunes and shore pines. You will often see elk and eagles in the dunes, and seals feeding in Nehalem Bay or sunning themselves on the shore.

It can get chilly up on the horse on the beach, as the wind is usually blowing there. Take a fleece or hoody, even on a warm summer day. Also make sure you get the $5 State Park Pass, for parking, as you enter. Timing the ride around the low tide is how we try, but a high tide ride is great too.

A fun, and memorable, experience seeing some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.

3  Thank cruzinquick
in 4 reviews
"seals"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I grew up riding horses but stopped once I moved on to college. One of my "bucket list" items was to ride a horse along the ocean and another "bucket" was to go to Oregon. So this was PERFECT! The guides, Judy and her son Justin, were awesome! They were very knowledgeable and down to earth, which made it all the more enjoyable. All their horses were beautiful, not the typical "trail ride horses" you usually see. They took us along the coast, through dunes and we even spotted seals swimming in one area. I can't say enough about this ride, it was one of the top highlights of my trip and something I will never forget!! Thumbs way up!!

2  Thank Jennifer D
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I loved the scenery and the peacefulness of the beach. I look forward to returning and bring my wife along with me.

1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Wind, ocean and on a horseback; life does not get much better. Had a wonderful 2 hour ride today.. Horses were very well taken care of, tack excellent and guides were friendly and experienced. Nature trail followed an hour or so on the beach was beautiful; sand dunes, greens, drift wood and in the river tons of seals. Great Saturday morning.

2  Thank EvB4
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have always wanted to ride a horse on a beach and our experience at the Oregon Beach Rides was great. Mike, Heather, Mike’s Mom and their staff were so easy going that being this was my first time on a horse it was very stress free. Did the one hour ride and it was long enough for a novice. We felt very safe on our horses Candy and Bad Bob.
Didn’t book as we didn’t really have any plans and we filled the last two saddles they had, so if you want to make sure you get your ride I would recommend reserving a saddle.

3  Thank Iwanttogotravel